Grimace427

OEM GT resonators, Dynotech 3" x-pipe

For sale OEM GT exhaust resonators, about 20,000 miles total but in very good condition with no rust or damage. Internals still completely intact. Also comes with a sawed off 3" Dynotech x-pipe from the original longtube header midpipe which also has O2 sensor bungs still intact as well as OEM midpipe exhaust clamps with new hardware.

I would like $50 for the resonators, $50 for the x-pipe and tubing with clamps, or $125 for everything with shipping included.

IMG_0681.jpg

What is the inside diameter of the piping on the resonator? I'm hoping to be able to cut and clamp this on instead of welding it. The wifey might veto me if this ends up being costly. :( I'll be putting it in the stock over-axle piping on my 3.7.

why was the x-pipe sawed off? I thought they were clamped on. I ask because i thought of buying one and installing in my garage but if welding is required then that changes things.

What is the inside diameter of the piping on the resonator? I'm hoping to be able to cut and clamp this on instead of welding it. The wifey might veto me if this ends up being costly. :( I'll be putting it in the stock over-axle piping on my 3.7.

Just before the inlet of the resonator it necks down to 2.5". I can't say it will clamp onto the stock V6 OTA pipes without some leaks. It's very common for the V6 guys to weld these on and they don't seem to have much trouble with it. I think $50-75 from an exhaust shop would cover welding them in. 

why was the x-pipe sawed off? I thought they were clamped on. I ask because i thought of buying one and installing in my garage but if welding is required then that changes things.

The x-pipe came from the Dynatech longtube-specific midpipe and I wanted to swap to an h-pipe that the company does not make. I had to go custom and I wanted to keep the cats so we cut just after them and welded in some custom pipes with an h-section from a Summit Racing universal kit.

The exhaust places in the area want $100+ to install these. I'm hoping their inside diameter would be just enough for it to fit snugly around the outside diameter of the piping so that I could clamp it. I'll let you know for sure shortly.

The x-pipe came from the Dynatech longtube-specific midpipe and I wanted to swap to an h-pipe that the company does not make. I had to go custom and I wanted to keep the cats so we cut just after them and welded in some custom pipes with an h-section from a Summit Racing universal kit.

Cool thanks for the response. Well GLWS! 

Grr. They're no fun!

Yeah, sorry man. I was all over it, too. I think it boiled down to the install cost putting me over what it would cost to just do it all locally with their supplied parts. :(

When it comes to her, money is kryptonite and she's got to get rid of it ASAP, but when it comes to me spending money, it's super taboo. Sigh.

• Like 1

Better to seek forgiveness than ask for permission.

thats what I always say...

Also, if all the monthly bills are paid...why not!

Northern VA, about 3 hours. I can meet somewhere in the middle. Next weekend would be better but tomorrow might work.

How long and what is the diameter of the gt resonators? I'm wondering if a shop would be able to fit them in the bbk x pipe right after the cats. That way I'll have the piping after the x pipe for m80's if she's still trying to wake the dead at 2k rpms lol.

How long and what is the diameter of the gt resonators? I'm wondering if a shop would be able to fit them in the bbk x pipe right after the cats. That way I'll have the piping after the x pipe for m80's if she's still trying to wake the dead at 2k rpms lol.

The resonators are 12" long with about another 15" of 2.75" pipe.

Hey Grim, quick question! Are the resonators $50 with, or without shipping? If it's w.out shipping, my zip is 21209 to calculate.

-Mike

Dude Mike you're in Baltimore! I'd just drive it up to you, only an hour away. So long as you aren't deep inside the city that wouldn't be any trouble. The pipes are pretty bulky and shipping would add up a bit.

Sweet! I'm right outside of the city. Right off of 695.

I'm overseas at the moment, would you mind meeting someone for me or possibly holding them for me until late Jan or early Feb?

We'll see how badly somebody wants them. I'll let you know if there is any other significant interest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.