Sign in to follow this  
buildingsleeper2

welcome to lonewolf performance

Hi guys My name is Tom and I am the owner of Lone Wolf Performance.I specialize in porting of the upper and lower intake manifolds of the 3.7 engines. I have been on the porting scene for numerous years with getting my jump start in doing porting and head mods on 2 stroke motocross bikes.While I was in the automotive field I was a certified master technician. My specialties were engines, transmissions, differentials,electrical,fuel systems,diagnostics,heating and cooling systems,suspension and steering, brake systems,exhaust systems.I transferred over to being a parts pro for trak auto and autozone.I have many years in the automotive industry and now I'm taking my knowledge and using it to help get the most out of our engines.

My services include taking the lower intake manifold and removing the casting imperfections and making the ports into a smooth transition from the smaller upper port to the head port.the upper gets port matched to the lower along with removal of the silencer fingers and smoothing the radiuses in the runners to improve airflow.I am also now delving into the stock throttle bodies by taking the stock part and venturing  the area around the throttle valve to help increase the speed the air comes into the manifold.Along with modifying E3 plugs to provide more open area to ignite the air fuel charge.As a complete package from the throttle body to the plugs you can expect at least a 3/10's of a second drop in your E.T's and at 7100 rpm's 9rwhp and 7 ft/lbs of torque.I do recommend buying new parts because they are the latest design and you can expect the best performance increase.I can work on your present parts but the increase may not be as much.

I charge $365.00 for the complete job and that's from my door to your door.The job takes from when I receive the parts 4 days of initial work and 3 days for shipping.

you can contact me here on the forum or to my e mail  mxracer01941@yahoo.com

• Like 1

Whew, glad I got the new manifolds ported then. I noticed an immediate difference kind of like the MPT tune.

You did all the work, you deserve the credit! While you two are perfecting your ported intakes maybe you can match the heat shield products with other ideas to lower IAT's and gain even more performance? Shielding the intake pipe, sealing off air boxes, opening the grille area for better induction, stuff along those lines.

You did all the work, you deserve the credit! While you two are perfecting your ported intakes maybe you can match the heat shield products with other ideas to lower IAT's and gain even more performance? Shielding the intake pipe, sealing off air boxes, opening the grille area for better induction, stuff along those lines.

I do have quite a few more ideas in the works. if my cold air intake works out then I can  also give dimensions on how to build it.at the moment I am working on building an intake out of 3 inch pvc pipe.the only real bend it has is a 90 degree otherwise it's almost completely straight.

but that's also with the new parts. the older parts don't seem to work as well and the power curve is different with the older parts.

Tom, I started thinking more about your comment. How did you determine this? Owner dyno charts? Just observation of the difference in design?
  • Like 1

Tom, I started thinking more about your comment. How did you determine this? Owner dyno charts? Just observation of the difference in design?

they redesigned the lower later on in the production run because they were using the lower for the edge and the explorer with the same engine.the ports were canted left bank towards the rear of the engine and the right bank towards the front. the new one is a more straight path with the right smaller ports have a slight cant still towards the front of the engine.

That's interesting to me. Why wouldn't Ford mention a slight bump in the HP/TQ numbers since I'm sure that if they went through the trouble to change it, there would have to be some benefit. Or do you think it was done more to improve air flow to equalize air getting to the cylinders more for safety or longevity?

• Like 1

because ford would then have to alter the tune to get the benefits of more airflow.their thinking is a slight redesign and basically not much more testing.the main restrictions are in the upper manifold.I think the work that John is doing on the sheet metal upper is great. this works out we can ditch the lower and upper combined and really make this engine breathe.

when they revamped the lower they kept the same port dimensions so not much was done to help. it was basically designed for safety and longevity.

I am also leaning towards mid atlantic performance for additional tunes.they have a very good reputation and numerous years with tuning mustangs.I bet they could come up with a track ripping tune too.

OK guys, I am doing this now. I'll have a full length exhaust, and this will finish the intake side of the engine along with the JLT CAI, and 73mm throttle body.

So, question. What vendor to buy the Ford Intake from and do I have it shipped directly to Lone Wolf? I emailed mxracer01941/buildingsleeper2  a couple of days ago. Hoping to hear from them tomorrow.