Stevethe11th

WTB literally any wheel bigger than 17"

Also what version of the pilot sport line up do you have? The wheels I was looking at have pilot sport 4s’s on them

My dad and my stang shave super sports. Fathers Porsche has the 4s’s. The 4s’s are the new version, they mo betta. But how much, hard to say. But it is newer and better so that is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

So will any 19 inch wheel clear brembos? I'm looking at some stock 19 inch gt wheels that I like the look of. They have to clear brembos because the gt comes with brembos right?

I'm thinking once I need new tires I'll grab those wheels and some lower control arms and do those at the same time.

So will any 19 inch wheel clear brembos? I'm looking at some stock 19 inch gt wheels that I like the look of. They have to clear brembos because the gt comes with brembos right?
I'm thinking once I need new tires I'll grab those wheels and some lower control arms and do those at the same time.

I want to say yes, but I’ll defer to grimace or someone else as they likely will definitively know.

2 hours ago, Stevethe11th said:

No not any 19" wheel will clear brembos since caliper to spoke clearance isn't part of the regular measurements. Brembos are an option so not all GT's come with them.

50 minutes ago, Grimace427 said:

No not any 19" wheel will clear brembos since caliper to spoke clearance isn't part of the regular measurements. Brembos are an option so not all GT's come with them.

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/wto/d/miami-mustang-gt-original-19-wheels/6848419111.html

These are the wheels I was looking at. Don't know if that helps.

59 minutes ago, Stevethe11th said:

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/wto/d/miami-mustang-gt-original-19-wheels/6848419111.html

These are the wheels I was looking at. Don't know if that helps.

Those won't fit without a spacer IIRC. Are we talking about the S197 Brembo option from '11-14 or are we talking about 15+ 6-piston Brembos?

https://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t368087/

2 hours ago, Grimace427 said:

Those won't fit without a spacer IIRC. Are we talking about the S197 Brembo option from '11-14 or are we talking about 15+ 6-piston Brembos?

https://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t368087/

Well mines a s197 so I assume the former. Also it's not a huge deal, not sure if or when I'd do it. I just wanted to future proof a little.

You can run the S550 6 pots on S197, need a new master cylinder as well. Although, that is A LOT of brake, and its one of those things where unless your super serious, S197 brembo's are plenty sufficient.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LIGISTX said:

You can run the S550 6 pots on S197, need a new master cylinder as well. Although, that is A LOT of brake, and its one of those things where unless your super serious, S197 brembo's are plenty sufficient.

Yeah I'll take your word for it.

So what are your guys' opinion on wheel spacers? There's a lot of mixed reviews about them but if they can stand up to autocross it'll be a lot cheaper to get them.

So what are your guys' opinion on wheel spacers? There's a lot of mixed reviews about them but if they can stand up to autocross it'll be a lot cheaper to get them.

Personally I don’t like them. But. Plenty of people don’t share the same opinion.

I rotate my PP wheels but I use a 5MM spacer with the rears on the front to get the offset in line with the front wheels since I am running 275s on all 4s.

59 minutes ago, Bananana said:

I rotate my PP wheels but I use a 5MM spacer with the rears on the front to get the offset in line with the front wheels since I am running 275s on all 4s.

And you haven't had any problems? Do you ever drive it hard like track days or canyon driving?

2 hours ago, LIGISTX said:

Personally I don’t like them. But. Plenty of people don’t share the same opinion.

Really the only reason why is that those cs wheels are about half the price of pp wheels and it's the same tire size I believe. 

And upgrading to brembo's is just an if so is another 5-600 dollars worth being able to upgrade to brembo's at some point?

I would plan to upgrade to bembos, yes. So if that means running spacers, so be it. Plenty of folks do, I just don't know if I would. No real hard evidence against it, I just don't like the idea lol.

20 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

I would plan to upgrade to bembos, yes. So if that means running spacers, so be it. Plenty of folks do, I just don't know if I would. No real hard evidence against it, I just don't like the idea lol.

Yeah I get it.

Slip on wheel spacers are perfectly fine as long as you upgrade the wheel studs. ARP makes extended studs for the Mustang.

Slip on wheel spacers are perfectly fine as long as you upgrade the wheel studs. ARP makes extended studs for the Mustang.

Now you might as well just buy the “proper” wheel. New front hubs with ARP studs pre pressed are 350 iirc, or was it 250? Rear studs are 100 iirc.

1 hour ago, LIGISTX said:

Now you might as well just buy the “proper” wheel. New front hubs with ARP studs pre pressed are 350 iirc, or was it 250? Rear studs are 100 iirc.

There comes a point where a "proper" wheel will only fit on the front or rear and not both. At that point spec'ing the wheel for one then using a spacer for the other becomes a necessity. Front and rear max offsets are not the same. The rear has way more inboard clearance than the fronts.

There comes a point where a "proper" wheel will only fit on the front or rear and not both. At that point spec'ing the wheel for one then using a spacer for the other becomes a necessity. Front and rear max offsets are not the same. The rear has way more inboard clearance than the fronts.

I mean, yes, but, also super no.

You can run a 295 or 305 up front if you put enough camber in it, I do forget which size it is, no one needs more than that...... 305 square is a hell of a lot of tire lol. No one I know personally would need such a setup.

The real go fast ponies run 305/335. But my point is only if your going all the way to ARP studs, might as well have just got the “correct fitting” wheel in the first place. But meh. Whateva. The amount of grip a good 275 square setup yields is already extremely impressive, the point at which things don’t fit correctly anymore is much wider than that.

15 hours ago, Stevethe11th said:

And you haven't had any problems? Do you ever drive it hard like track days or canyon driving?

I do not do canyon driving as there are no canyons around Boston lol, I drive them relatively spirited though and they are super stable.  I do not notice any difference with the rears on the fronts with the spacers, the are only 1/2" wider and the offset is managed with the spacers so.

3 hours ago, LIGISTX said:

The amount of grip a good 275 square setup yields is already extremely impressive, the point at which things don’t fit correctly anymore is much wider than that.

Yeah for not all that wide a tire, and I am sure I am understating it, but for the fronts on a standard build with just a little suspension the added grip is very nice and the turn in is super responsive.  275s in the rear as far as grip is concerned only gets squirrely on my car over about 425hp with stock spooling over 1500RPMs.  Pzeros for instance do not hold up till a lot of heat are in them but I can spin them pretty freely but it takes a bit of torque with that tire size to do it.  265s takes little effort  so for my car it seems anything above 275s grip wise is where it starts to show how good that size is.  My original stock 20s with the 265/35s on them where more show, but decent cornering.  Too little tire for the stock EBM which is funny.  I do not know how the guys with 18s and 255s do it.

As far as wheel spacers are concerned 5mm is not much of a spacer, and does not affect the geometry enough to make you worry about your studs when you start doubling that or more then I would really consider studs but moreso the correct wheel at that point.  I mean 25mm+ is no bueno .... your in honda territory there lol

Yup, Honda for sure. I've used 8mm or 5/16" spacers on all four corners to help the looks of my 18x8" w/255's squared. I want to keep 18" wheels but finding the 10" wheels for my 16 GT ain't easy or cheap! Forgestar, forgeline, & Apex may be my only choice for 18x10" rim.

So after looking at every option it seems like I've returned to square one. I think I'm going to get the SVE drifts. They are currently on sale and only 75 bucks less than the cs wheels I was looking at so Ligistx you're right it'd be cheaper just to get them than to run spacers.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.