Stevethe11th

WTB literally any wheel bigger than 17"

I have 18" wheels from a 2012, with Blizzak snow tires mounted on them.

1 hour ago, JimC said:

I have 18" wheels from a 2012, with Blizzak snow tires mounted on them.

Do you know how wide they are? I think stocks are 8 inches.

I think that you are correct - stock typically is 8" wide or less (I think a 17" wheel is narrower).

24 minutes ago, JimC said:

I think that you are correct - stock typically is 8" wide or less (I think a 17" wheel is narrower).

Yeah I think 17s are 7.5" wide. I was preferably looking for 9" wide black wheels but for the right price I might be open.

I would check what your offsets are and check if the S550s match or are close to the same (should be) because I see lots of stock wheels in other forums off the current gens that are not too bad in price.

2 hours ago, Bananana said:

I would check what your offsets are and check if the S550s match or are close to the same (should be) because I see lots of stock wheels in other forums off the current gens that are not too bad in price.

I am sure the S550 wheels fit, but what would be more interesting is if the rears fit on the fronts as well. S550's run larger rears, at least my dads track pack did. I think it has 19x9.5's out back, maybe either 8.5 or 9's up front, i don't remember but I am sure it would be an easy google.... May be able to get 4 rears for cheapness, or if nothing else, run stock S550 wheels with whatever non-square stance they are. If the price is right, not a horrible option. 

5mm spacers are your friend for running rears on the fronts 😃  At least specifically on my car, I run square stance to rotate but the rears even though they are .5" wider rims, the offset is different too, but spacers fix it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah that doesn't sound like a bad idea. And Ligistix, your dad's wheels look pretty nice, if he's looking to sell those I might be interested 👀

On 3/4/2019 at 7:18 PM, Stevethe11th said:

I can't find it again but I know you have a picture of them on here somewhere.

My dads stock wheels? Or his forgestars CF5's?

On 3/6/2019 at 10:56 PM, LIGISTX said:

I thought they were stock but I’m not sure. I can’t find the photo again.

On 3/6/2019 at 10:56 PM, LIGISTX said:

I just looked up the cf5’s and those definitely weren’t it so I assume stock.

I just looked up the cf5’s and those definitely weren’t it so I assume stock.

I’m sure he would sell his stock wheels, but shipping to you would completely destroy the deal for you I would think. His rears even have a barely driven on set of BFG sport comp 2’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, LIGISTX said:

I’m sure he would sell his stock wheels, but shipping to you would completely destroy the deal for you I would think. His rears even have a barely driven on set of BFG sport comp 2’s.

Yeah tempting but I think you're right.

• Like 1

Found a set of PP wheels on craigslist with Michelin Pilot Sports on them for 1300. Says it has less than 40 miles on them. It's three hours away from me but it sounds super tempting. Looks like it's some kind of wheel dealer, not a private party.

Found a set of PP wheels on craigslist with Michelin Pilot Sports on them for 1300. Says it has less than 40 miles on them. It's three hours away from me but it sounds super tempting. Looks like it's some kind of wheel dealer, not a private party.

That ain’t a bad price at all. My 275/40r19 PSS’s alone cost me about that much, just for the tires lol.

4 hours ago, LIGISTX said:

That ain’t a bad price at all. My 275/40r19 PSS’s alone cost me about that much, just for the tires lol.

It would be the staggered set up but it sounds like it’s worth it to me.

And how does a square set up make tires last longer? They’re all wearing at the same rate so yeah you’ll replace the rears sooner but the fronts will last longer too.

And how does a square set up make tires last longer? They’re all wearing at the same rate so yeah you’ll replace the rears sooner but the fronts will last longer too.

Camber and toe differences. At the track my fronts get hammered because of the cornering and braking loads which is almost entirely handled by the fronts, the rears are sorta just along for the ride. I run a good bit of front camber to A) add grip and B) reduce wear from hard cornering, but they still get hammered.

The chunkies are just other people’s buildup stuck to my tires mostly lol. But you can see the wear, sorta. I have better pix somewhere... d885182e6be1cf472edbbac51d086c1e.jpg

20 hours ago, LIGISTX said:

Camber and toe differences. At the track my fronts get hammered because of the cornering and braking loads which is almost entirely handled by the fronts, the rears are sorta just along for the ride. I run a good bit of front camber to A) add grip and B) reduce wear from hard cornering, but they still get hammered.

The chunkies are just other people’s buildup stuck to my tires mostly lol. But you can see the wear, sorta. I have better pix somewhere... d885182e6be1cf472edbbac51d086c1e.jpg

Yeah but how does that increase tire life? Lol

Yeah but how does that increase tire life? Lol

Being able to rotate the fronts to the rear... just share to love basically. Instead of destroying fronts, being able to rotate them allows them to wear out more evenly.

29 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

Being able to rotate the fronts to the rear... just share to love basically. Instead of destroying fronts, being able to rotate them allows them to wear out more evenly.

Ok

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.