Sign in to follow this  
Roanstang

S550 front camber adjustment

I recently installed Steeda subframe bushings, and took my pony to Firestone for alignment to -1.5 camber for the front, the rear I wanted less camber for launch traction.

The shop got my rear adjusted, not exactly where I wanted but the front wasn't adjusted much if any. I just read these S550 mustangs are hard to adjust? Any ideas?

IMG_20180325_121652_321.jpg

There is no factory camber adjustment for the front, you will need caster/camber plates or camber bolts. Regardless, camber is not a very important adjustment for a street driven car. You are probably well within spec anyway.

• Thanks 1

Unless you REALLY want to hoon some back country trwisties, grimace is correct, no real need for front camber. But if you do want to go ham on some curves, you will really want some rear camber as well, not a bunch or anything, but if you had them align it to basically 0, you will want to get that dialed back in to some negative amount.

For reference on my s197, I run -1.9 up front and it’s not enough, I just don’t need more enough to bother with an alignment, but -2.5 would likely be better. That said this is more track oriented, for the street there is no need for that much. A better tire will suit you better then a bit of camber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Thank's guys, and I do drive thru the twisty's up above my area on the coastal bend in the Hill country of central Texas. Here I have chicanes and S curves to play with as well. Tires do matter as I have learned that much. Here are the alignment specs for the diffrent models of mustangs. I installed the BMR camber bolts.

2016 Mustang Alignment Specs (1).pdf

Edited by Roanstang
add to message