Sign in to follow this  
JimC

Took my granddaughter to the gun range

They have a young person night so I took my 14 year old granddaughter to Top Gun Shooting Sports. Great people there. They have an instructor give them some time to get ready; if they are less than 12 years old they spend a lot more time with them so that they can qualify to shoot there. For my granddaughter at 14 the instructor came in and worked with her for a while - gave her some basic safety instruction first of course and then some instruction on how to shoot.

There is a small target in the upper left of one of the targets we were using and he told her "try to aim for the #5 on that small one there". She nailed the 5 and he turned and looked at me and said "that was pretty good!"

She was pretty excited about going to the range - even though it was with her grandpa! I rented a Ruger .22 Mark IV for her since it was her first time. The instructor let her try his Glock and then she tried my M&P Shield. So discovered that the 9mm has a little more kick to it.

We went through 150 rounds - she probably shot 95 of those.

20171220_185528.jpg

20171220_190444_1513816489149.jpg

20171220_190502.jpg

20171220_190526.jpg

20171220_190934.jpg

20171220_190938.jpg

20171220_191631_1513816488789.jpg

• Like 2

Damn Jim,, she did pretty well. My gilra love going to the range.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Fantastic!! When you said Top Gun shooting sports, was that in Indiana? There is a Top Guns store and range out there with a YouTube channel that I subscribe to and they are a very fun bunch.

Fantastic!! When you said Top Gun shooting sports, was that in Indiana? There is a Top Guns store and range out there with a YouTube channel that I subscribe to and they are a very fun bunch.
Top Gun Shooting Sports is in Taylor, Michigan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Trying to attach video.

Doesn't want to load.

Took my 11 year old grandson to the range today. He said it was a great time.

I'm thinking of selling my Bodyguard. I am the only one who can shoot it - long heavy trigger pull. My wife can't fire it and if that is the only gun she can get to if something happens and I'm not home it would not be good. The new Springfield 911 is a very nice shooting .380 gun.

20190302_122639.jpg

20190302_122726.jpg

20190302_123432.jpg

20190302_124011.jpg

20190302_124019.jpg

20190302_130050.jpg

• Like 1

Teaching our children and spouse's should be required in "The school of Life". Thank's for the post.

• Thanks 1

Agreed, not enough understanding of firearms, firearm safety, and self protection.

My buddy texted me a few days ago asking me to check my range pass, apparently they switched ours last time we shot. Almost made plans to take people to the range over the weekend, would have been embarrassing haha! 

Still haven't taken my Springfield Armory 1911 9mm to the range yet, just need to finish off the rest of my crappy reman 9mm ammo that fails to cycle any of my guns.