• Announcements

• Unclenard

Site Upgrade   11/08/2017

The site will be continuing to get the look and feel adjusted since the upgrade.  If you have any suggestions please let me know.  In the top right is the link for "Unread Content".  Initially everything may be showing up and you will have to click the link for "Mark site read".
Sign in to follow this  
mariusvt

Hurricane Harvey

Jackie aka MiaTheMustang is in southern Houston and has been posting on FB about getting prepared. Also my parents just moved to San Antonio to be closer to our family in Austin. This will be the second time they have moved into a new home only to get hit by a hurricane almost immediately.

I am grateful for the Dawghouse Saloon putting myself and my "Charge"as well as my dog in the "Bunker" / Office till it subsided. The trip back from Goliad,Tx. to Port Lavaca,Tx. was harrowing & I thought it ruined 2 tires. Thanks for thinking about us Texans!

Texas: We just had the worst hurricane in recorded history

Florida: Hold my beer

No joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas: We just had the worst hurricane in recorded history

Florida: Hold my beer

Turns out Texas still had the worst hurricane at least this year.

Well we feel lucky down here for the most part.  It could have been much worse.  Some parts did get serious wind damage but it was not a bad rain hurricane.  The storm surge on the east coast did some damage.  One of the really bad parts is so much widespread power outages.  The county I live in had 70-80% without power initially after the storm and it could take a couple weeks to restore it all.  I personally do not have power at home and there is a line down in my backyard.  Both my parents and girlfriend have power.  I am staying at my girlfriend's place for now.

Glad to see you are ok 'Nard. I was hearing parts of Houston will be without power for weeks as well.

I heard this morning that all Broward and Miami-dade schools are closed with no idea when they might reopen.

A sales rep for one of our vendors lives in ft Myers Beach, haven't heard anything from him yet.

My girlfriend's power flickered 5-6 times during the storm but never went out.  She only lives a block from me.  The latest updates says that the county will be fully restored by Friday evening.  My neighbor behind me had a tree that took our line down.

• Like 1