• Announcements

• Unclenard

Site Upgrade   11/08/2017

The site will be continuing to get the look and feel adjusted since the upgrade.  If you have any suggestions please let me know.  In the top right is the link for "Unread Content".  Initially everything may be showing up and you will have to click the link for "Mark site read".
Sign in to follow this  
nastang87xx

Direct trade offer in the air

So I've been offered by a dealership that's struggling to move Corvettes a direct trade no questions asked if they can find my perfectly spec'ed Corvette or close to it.

Non negotiable requirements for me, Grand Sport, Z07 Pack, Competition seats, manual trans.  They said if they can find one like that in a 1LT trim they'd give me a buzz.  I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this yet...

I mean. While the voodoo is a very special motor, way more special then an LS, dude, wut. A Z07 car would kick all the ass. Like, all of it. Every ass.

∑ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Young dude driving a brand new corvette, all you'd need is a popped collar and Gucci shades, you'll have all the douchebags in your area worshipping your holiness.  :sarcastic:  :trololol-1:  :hrhr:

• Like 1

Young dude driving a brand new corvette, all you'd need is a popped collar and Gucci shades, you'll have all the douchebags in your area worshipping your holiness. :sarcastic::trololol-1::hrhr:

Much different than young dude driving a 350..? Lol

Much different than young dude driving a 350..? Lol

The GT350 is a recent vehicle without the heritage of being owned by douches, plus it is still at least a Mustang with decent practicality. The corvette is built solely to stroke the ego of its owner.

He probably already wears those haha.

Haha actually I have a pair of Ray Ban RB3183, Oakley Flak 2.0, Oakley Flak Jacket, Oakley Gascan, and two pairs of knock of Wayfares from my Corsa sponsor packet.

Going out I usually wear my Ray Bans.  For running I wear my Flak jackets.  Casual, driving/racing, and every day use, I wear my Flak 2.0's.  I rarely wear the Gascans though.  They just don't fit my face well.

Aviators don't fit my face well.  I have a relatively small nose bridge.

Well that's a relief.

#Oakleyfolife

• Hatchet(x2)
  • Half-Jacket
  • Minute 2.0(RIP)
  • a couple others I got for spare parts

I thought about getting Ray Ban Scuderias but two problems: A. I'm not a Ferrari owner and B. I'm not a douche.

I'm probably looking at Straight Jackets to replace my worn half-jackets.

The GT350 is a recent vehicle without the heritage of being owned by douches, plus it is still at least a Mustang with decent practicality. The corvette is built solely to stroke the ego of its owner.

I mean.... I guess?

I kinda disagree, especially because the heritage of mustang owners is for sure worse than that of Vette owners. We like to do crazy burnouts at stop lights, run people over, just be general douche canoes.

But the point here is Nick is an autoX guy, for that purpose who cares what people think of your car, you want the best weapon for the task. I am not sure which is better in that realm, but I want to say a Z07 stingray would be hands down. The Grand Sport is kinda amazing.

But.... The voodoo is special sauce, its a Shelby, not just a Ford, it has some serious heritage that is more special then "just the new corvette that happens to kick ass". If I had the choice between both, that would be a seriously difficult first would problem to solve.

• Like 1

Having the best weapon puts you in the class where your competitors also have the best weapon. Now your margin for error has shrunk to infinitesimal levels. 

The GS Z07 is a better track car, let's not kid ourselves.  But there's more to it than that as well.  Thankfully for me, SS class is loaded with a bunch of geezers who are afraid of the gas pedal ha.

On that note, if it weren't for my surgery I need, I could hvae been on pace to win CAM-C this year in my region. :(

Oh I got passed by a Vert Stingray this morning.  He was probably late 30's.  Completely ignored me like you wouldn't believe.  The FEAR is real! lol

I ignore pretty much everyone on the road too. Way too much road rage and similar bullshit on the roads.

• Like 1

Yea having the best weapon puts you in that class, but that's what you want! Who cares if you win when you know your car is better. Go up against the best, with the best, and see what happens! It's not about winning, it's about the fun and the experience. Winning is just s bonus.

Sux you can't get Cam-C. This is why I don't even bother autoXing. I would be in Cam-C Lolololol.

Yea having the best weapon puts you in that class, but that's what you want! Who cares if you win when you know your car is better. Go up against the best, with the best, and see what happens! It's not about winning, it's about the fun and the experience. Winning is just s bonus.

I would much rather win with a lesser car than lose with the 'best' car. 

I would much rather win with a lesser car than lose with the 'best' car.

I'm confused. I thought you said you think with the Z07 he would be up against a lot of other top notch cars where his car wouldn't have an advantage anymore. Vs his 350 where is was the top dawg in the class.

Either way, I agree with what you said here completely lol.

I'm confused. I thought you said you think with the Z07 he would be up against a lot of other top notch cars where his car wouldn't have an advantage anymore. Vs his 350 where is was the top dawg in the class.

Either way, I agree with what you said here completely lol.

GT350 vs Vette, I'd take the GT350.

Going for the fastest car you can possibly afford will put you in a class of other incredibly fast cars(and drivers I'd imagine) which means fewer mistakes can be afforded.

For autocross, anyway, the 350 is definitely not top dog in A Street.  Right now it's the C5 Z06 all day.  They're murdering AS.  The probably the C6 Grand Sport and then the S2000 CR.  This last SCCA Solo nationals at Lincoln a GT350 came in about upper end of the middle pack out of 25 or so cars if I remember right.  In CAM C, anything can be top dog because there's really nothing you CAN'T do except have a wing (in its actual real form but spoilers are about unrestricted so long as they're under the height of the roof deck) or be under 3300 lbs.  Gutting, FI, engine swaps, trans swaps, all suspension, all tires, all wheels...it's all out on the table.

As a die-hard mustang guy my insides tell me no but,,,, those new Corvettes are calling name in a way that's making me very uncomfortable. I say go for it. You can always sell the corvette down the road and get another Gt350. If I could afford it right now I would probably do it too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Well to make dollars and sense (pun intended), the GS that I configured was basically an $80,000 car.  My 350 is NOT worth 80 stacks...

But I do feel like I would miss it if I got rid of it.  Corvettes don't get you much of a second look anymore.  Kind of like a Bentley in Miami.  Big friggin' whoop.

But I do feel like I would miss it if I got rid of it.  Corvettes don't get you much of a second look anymore.  Kind of like a Bentley in Miami.  Big friggin' whoop.

Missing it I fully understand. And yea, its just a vette. Dime a dozen. BUT, do you want the weapon of weapons? Do it man. You will regret it right up until you get that LS broken in and start rippin up the tracks.

The only thing the 350 has over it is the special sauce factor. It is and will be an iconic mustang. Its a Shelby, but after the heart of shelby himself, not some stupid 500 hp thing that doesn't really know what its doing in its own shoes. Its a special motor with attention to all the right things for people like us. But then you go get in a GS Z07 and have just a better weapon. So are you in it for the weapon, or the memorable and special nature of the 350? Thats really all there is to it.

• Like 1