nastang87xx

Lethal Gen 2 Over Axles and Kooks axle back

So I received everything finally.  Install is Thursday.  Everything looks very nice and these Kooks mufflers SCREAM quality.  However, I have once again run into a familiar problem: quality assurance.  It's the Lethal over axles.  Taking a look at this pic, you can see that the secondary slip joint here is not quite round.  I'll have to address that because it won't slip over the pipes like it should.  Now it's not the end of the world but it still continues my streak of drama filled exhaust experiences with no directions with my Kooks headers (weren't online, had to get them emailed), gone through two Magnaflow Comp systems, a poorly mandrel bent FRPP clamp on X pipe, a VERY poorly bent Magnaflow TruX clamp on X pipe, and now this.  I just want everything to slip on nicely!  I don't blame Lethal here, really.  These pipes are not made by them directly.  But moving along...

IMAG0240_zpsc8f22490.jpg

IMAG0241_zps61d6a26c.jpg

IMAG0242_zpsd635dd8a.jpg

• Like 1

...I hear ya! I had to remove my Magnaflow trueX earlier this year for the clutch install and the bolts to the headers were rusted out and seized when I tried to remove the nuts! and the freaking thing was only a year and a half old... made in china...oh well and I paid around $475 like every other moron on the web...

...and I don't want to start bitchin' and whinin' about the Flowmasters Hushpowers condition...

...I hear ya! I had to remove my Magnaflow trueX earlier this year for the clutch install and the bolts to the headers were rusted out and seized when I tried to remove the nuts! and the freaking thing was only a year and a half old... made in china...oh well and I paid around $475 like every other moron on the web...

...and I don't want to start bitchin' and whinin' about the Flowmasters Hushpowers condition...

If there is one company I am done with, it is Magnaflow. I normally don't spout like this but they need to start working on quality products instead of hunting for the the next Miss Magnaflow. I don't care how boner inspiring she is. I want my exhaust parts done correctly.

My TruX was seized as well. I had to take my 1/2" rachet to the nuts in order to remove it. T436 is a very odd metal as you and I have figured out.

If there is one company I am done with, it is Magnaflow. I normally don't spout like this but they need to start working on quality products instead of hunting for the the next Miss Magnaflow. I don't care how boner inspiring she is. I want my exhaust parts done correctly.

My TruX was seized as well. I had to take my 1/2" rachet to the nuts in order to remove it. T436 is a very odd metal as you and I have figured out.

those look nice! I'm looking into axle backs soon thanks to the FFM Raffle win!  :Big Grin:  Don't know yet what I'm getting though

I'll let you know how these sound, granted i have long tubes and high flow cats.  I'm genuinely excited about this.  I hear that the full Kooks system sounds very similar to the Stainless Works full system.  HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLO!

• Like 1

I had the same problem with the jpc gen 2 pipes , they didn't mate up correctly either and actually left a small gap so I just spun the clamp to the side where the gap was and tightened the shit out of them and ive had no issues and no leaks. Kinda used the clamp as a band-aid

and what do you have installed right now?

Magnaflow Competition catback.  The reason why I'm replacing it is because I'm 99% sure the resonators are damaged.  After a few WOT pulls, my exhaust got tinny, raspy, and ricer sounding.  Checked my cats and were fine.  No loss of power, performance, or drivability.  My car sounds like shit right now.  Install is tonight!

I had the same problem with the jpc gen 2 pipes , they didn't mate up correctly either and actually left a small gap so I just spun the clamp to the side where the gap was and tightened the shit out of them and ive had no issues and no leaks. Kinda used the clamp as a band-aid

The shop I go to has a rounder.  They'll have it fixed in 5 seconds.  Can't wait for 530PM!

Magnaflow Competition catback.  The reason why I'm replacing it is because I'm 99% sure the resonators are damaged.  After a few WOT pulls, my exhaust got tinny, raspy, and ricer sounding.  Checked my cats and were fine.  No loss of power, performance, or drivability.  My car sounds like shit right now.  Install is tonight!

could you do a video comparison of the two? I don't care if its a phone vid, just want to hear the difference. 

could you do a video comparison of the two? I don't care if its a phone vid, just want to hear the difference. 

You bet your ass I'll make a vid! :thumbsup:  I love exhaust vids and talking about exhaust.

Here's my setup right now when it was healthy and working:

Wish my Axlebacks were that clean!

Looks sweet tho!

Thanks!  Looking forward to it.  This day can't move any slower!

The shop I go to has a rounder.  They'll have it fixed in 5 seconds.  Can't wait for 530PM!

I cant wait for 530 too!!!!

You bet your ass I'll make a vid! :thumbsup:  I love exhaust vids and talking about exhaust.

Here's my setup right now when it was healthy and working:

:unworthy:

Yeah but i promise you are gonna like your new setup, it will be interesting to hear it with the LT's

It better be like Zeus talking!  Otherwise...I have a problem I haven't identified. :banghead:

It better be like Zeus talking!  Otherwise...I have a problem I haven't identified. :banghead:

we all have issues , thats why i've been through 5 different axelbacks and probably should have just kept the first set i had. I promise i will end back up with FRPP or Borla Tourings instead of the sports im just waiting on some poor innocent soul that cant make his mind up like me and get a set for half price  :sarcastic:

we all have issues , thats why i've been through 5 different axelbacks and probably should have just kept the first set i had. I promise i will end back up with FRPP or Borla Tourings instead of the sports im just waiting on some poor innocent soul that cant make his mind up like me and get a set for half price  :sarcastic:

Those Sports sounded SOOOOOOOOOOOO good though with an off road midpipe.  Would have sounded epic with a Boss off road H pipe.

Those Sports sounded SOOOOOOOOOOOO good though with an off road midpipe.  Would have sounded epic with a Boss off road H pipe.

I know it makes me  :sick: