• Announcements

• Unclenard

Site Upgrade   11/08/2017

The site will be continuing to get the look and feel adjusted since the upgrade.  If you have any suggestions please let me know.  In the top right is the link for "Unread Content".  Initially everything may be showing up and you will have to click the link for "Mark site read".
Sign in to follow this  
Cindy'sRed3.7

Vegan pleather driver's seat tearing

So I guess I need to get the razor blades out of my butt, or Ford needs better fake leather trim for their "leather seats".  Six and a half years of hopping in and out of this car made some major tears in the pleather on the drivers seat. Yesterday I put a band aid on the seat, an 8" x 4" Mastaplasta repair patch, pretty good for a $17 cheap band aid on a curved seat bolster. But as I'm putting the patch on and pressing it in place I discovered more small tears in the bolster area around the patch. So I ordered some leatherette seat covers from Autoanything, 10% off made the Coverking front seat covers $233.99. I ordered them in red and black, the all black looks dull to me, especially without the white stitching. We'll see if that was a good choice in a couple of weeks when it gets here. I will update then.

post-720-0-35219000-1494962380_thumb.jpg

Example of what they look like for a different vehicle, obviously.

post-720-0-23318500-1494962409_thumb.jpg

Vegan seats tearing? Sounds like you need more protein.  :Big Grin:

Haha! I get it. But the Mustang was ordered with leather seats. They're mostly Vegan Pleather though... Thanks for your useful input Grimace!!

• Like 1

The 2014 Katzkin factory leather looks a bit better than the 2011 edition I had, but I figure it'll wear out too. I'll probably pony up for real Katzkin leather when that happens. Good luck Cindy.

Other than being dirty my saddle leather seats look brand new. Front passenger seat is pristine and the rear seat looks like it is off the showroom.

Using conditioner will help keep the seats from drying out. A good cleaning before will eliminate dirt from being stuck onto the seats. Unfortunately the life of vinyl isn't that of leather.

The 2014 Katzkin factory leather looks a bit better than the 2011 edition I had, but I figure it'll wear out too. I'll probably pony up for real Katzkin leather when that happens. Good luck Cindy.

I looked at Katzkin and it's a great product. Just it starts at $1,700 and goes up from there... I would replace my front seats totally if I was going to spend that kind of money.

Somehow mine has managed to weather 7 years in the Arizona desert (knock on wood).  Its sole blemish, sadly, is a self-induced, though accidental, gouge in the front passenger's seat.