Sign in to follow this  
McCarthy

Holy shit. Camaro offering V6 1LE.

Ford pretty much kicked the 3.7 to the curb with the '15 Mustang.  It isn't available as a 'Premium' model and it isn't available with any performance options.

Yup, the 15 Cyclone falls short and a dealer tried to get me to "trade-in" my modded 14 Cyclone that is minus "brakes & ss lines" "Track ready", 1st. the dealer tried to let me trade up to a 2015 "50th Anniversary" with 373's & brembos premium leather, then they could not get the payment down to $500.00 a month so, tried to "trade" for my modded 14, Tried to "trade" my Cyclone for a 15 "base" v6, No Way!

Watch that V6 Camaro be $40k+ though.

Most definitely will be and for that money it'd be stupid to not buy an ss.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It upsets me but doesn't surprise me Ford kicked the 6 to the curb. Ford is all about flexing their Ecoboost muscles.

I would've preferred to see them flex their V6 Ecoboost muscles for the Mustang.

• Like 1

I would've preferred to see them flex their V6 Ecoboost muscles for the Mustang.

If they could get the cooling/heat soak issues completely solved (I don't think that's possible but let's speculate :) ) I would buy a 2.7TT Mustang over the coyote every day of the week. 

If they could get the cooling/heat soak issues completely solved (I don't think that's possible but let's speculate :) ) I would buy a 2.7TT Mustang over the coyote every day of the week. 

'17 Fusion Sport.

That'll never happen because it's HP will be too close to the GT's.

The 2.7 EcoBoost is rated for 325 horsepower but 375 lb ft tq.  And it happens the second you start idling.  The Yote, as we all know, needs to get wound up a bit.  My guess is a 2.7 EB and a Yote powered Mustang would probably click off similar 0 - 60's although the Yote would take the 1320.  The EB's trip on their own feet really badly up top.

Its to bad Ford shoved the v6 in the corner,  I love the high revs during track days and the way it handles. If I could shed two hundred  pounds off her this $21,000 car would be perfect for me.

• Like 1

The 2.7 EcoBoost is rated for 325 horsepower but 375 lb ft tq.  And it happens the second you start idling.  The Yote, as we all know, needs to get wound up a bit.  My guess is a 2.7 EB and a Yote powered Mustang would probably click off similar 0 - 60's although the Yote would take the 1320.  The EB's trip on their own feet really badly up top.

It's been bumped to 335hp & 380 lb-ft for the '16+ MKX.  It's a little motor running crazy boost and they've mitigated the power drop-off with a low redline (below 6k).

Look at those brakes on the 1LE. See, that is what I am after! And.... my dad as well. He is still considering an upgrade because the rears are so wimp tastic looking. He would do the Brembo BBK but its like 2 grand a corner which is nuts. Why couldn't they just put a rear caliper on the performance pack that looked like something. Is Chevy going to start doing work on Ford? Should be interesting! The gtn 5 1LE was pretty beast, this thing would be killer!

I have a bad feeling the new 1LE (V8) is going to stomp the GT350 

Really? But, isn't the 1LE just a suspension and brake job on a camaro? You think that alone will bring it above and beyond "track focused" gt 350? Don't get me wrong, I think the 1LE is a beast, but I don't know if its 350 slaying... That is the job of the next Z28, unless, the Z28 is going to rise to Z06 status. 

Plus, just to toot my own really small and inexperienced horn, I did come within 2 seconds of a 1LE a few autox's ago, and he was on 285 square RS3's, imagine if I actually knew how to drive! lol.

The current Z28 is faster than the 350R...

Also, imagine if the 1LE driver actually new how to drive... 

Is the Z28 faster than the 350R? Well, thats not good. I thought the mustang was faster then it is I guess. Because don't get me wrong, the current Z28 is a serious machine no if and of buts, *but* that isn't good at all. Well, not for Ford. Great for GM. GM engineers are probably laughing at Ford who can't even ship the right parts to poor bananaman.

Or their dealership's service dept. charges $44.00 for a new tsb'd radiator hose with a "check valve". No discount??      I am hunting those 2016 camaro's to test!

• Like 1

I did see a video up on IG of the "lethal stangs" which is those crazy dudes me and my father drove with that a few months back. They like to street racing a bit tooooo much. Saw them race a '16 SS and both coyotes won.

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1