Sign in to follow this  
JimC

Who is running nitrous?

Now that the turbo is off, and new engine in place, I have been enjoying driving the car with the MPT tune.

But........maybe a shot of nitrous at the track will be needed. I was thinking the Nitrous Express plate system. Maybe a 100 shot.

Who is running nitrous, and what size shot are you running? What kind of times are you running? I have an automatic with 3.55 gears that has never run NA at the track.

What ever happened to RB Phillips?  I know there are quite a few guys running nitrous on the Facebook group but I don't really read the posts there to know the details.

I know captain slow and gay ran it for a long time too, I'm sure he will pop in with some thoughts.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've been talking with MPT, they recommend no more than a 100 shot on stock exhaust manifold - or if I go to long tubes than 125.

I don't see going to long tubes though. I wonder if a 100 shot would be enough to beat my friend with the 2008 turbo 4.0 (Popeye knows who I'm talking about). The plan would be to show up for the MustangCollective.com Buckeye Brawl X with the nitrous without Bob knowing about it until we line up. I'd run it NA until that point that weekend unless someone is there to distract him from "Project Sneak Attack II"

I've been talking with MPT, they recommend no more than a 100 shot on stock exhaust manifold - or if I go to long tubes than 125.

I don't see going to long tubes though. I wonder if a 100 shot would be enough to beat my friend with the 2008 turbo 4.0 (Popeye knows who I'm talking about). The plan would be to show up for the MustangCollective.com Buckeye Brawl X with the nitrous without Bob knowing about it until we line up. I'd run it NA until that point that weekend unless someone is there to distract him from "Project Sneak Attack II"

Jim I think if you have a very detailed suspension setup you might have a chance.. you gotta try it. What are the Brawl dates this year?

May 19 this year. The thread was posted on the Collective last week. This is the tenth year for it.

Terrynamanda on the FB page is running nitrous and has done a bunch of installs on members cars. Seems very knowledgeable and willing to share. Spends alot of time at the track as well

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Willing to share how 87 octane will clog your injectors and blow your cats out and make your motor run hotter and less efficient.

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

Willing to share how 87 octane will clog your injectors and blow your cats out and make your motor run hotter and less efficient.

Were you running nitrous on 87 octane?

Were you running nitrous on 87 octane?

He was talking about members of the Cyclone facebook page making wild assumptions about 87 octane fuel.

• Like 1

Yea. Sorry. I should have mad that more clear. I'm not knocking nitrous, and don't run it on 87 lol. I was just saying, because it still bugs me, that Terry n Amanda was convinced 87 leads to all sorts of issues that isn't true, and runs hotter and less efficient than 91. Basically, I have not met him/her, but from what I have seen online, I wouldn't let my car go anywhere near that shop. If you can't understand the science of octane, and are convinced to the point where people who question you are for sure wrong since your experience makes you infallible, I can't take anything you say seriously.

That is all I was saying. I have 0 knowledge of nitrous, except I know it makes you go faster, or makes your floor boards fall off like in fast and furious haha.

• Like 2

That is all I was saying. I have 0 knowledge of nitrous, except I know it makes you go faster, or makes your floor boards fall off like in fast and furious haha.

It has been said, so this must be posted

IT6Kfeq.gif

• Like 1

Yea. Sorry. I should have mad that more clear. I'm not knocking nitrous, and don't run it on 87 lol. I was just saying, because it still bugs me, that Terry n Amanda was convinced 87 leads to all sorts of issues that isn't true, and runs hotter and less efficient than 91. Basically, I have not met him/her, but from what I have seen online, I wouldn't let my car go anywhere near that shop. If you can't understand the science of octane, and are convinced to the point where people who question you are for sure wrong since your experience makes you infallible, I can't take anything you say seriously.

It has been said, so this must be posted

IT6Kfeq.gif

Well, I wouldn't want to blow the welds on my intake!

And of course "nawzzzzzz!" and the big explosion caused by fire and an inert gas that isn't flammable

• Like 2

Ran nitrous it was fun cost a lot of money though.... never looked back after i went with the procharger

Never looked back cuz the people you were racing were always in front! :trololol-1:

• Like 1