Sign in to follow this  
LIGISTX

3.7 oil amount

So I have confused myself, and need some help.

I thought the 3.7 required 5 quarts, before I went to fill er up today I read people saying 6. And then I saw real fast that LMR has a call out for 6 for the '15-16 3.7. I have seen a bunch of reports both ways, I put 6 in... And I know too much can be bad, but an extra quart won't kill anything either way, just wondering what the actual number is...

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea. I know it's fine, I was just wondering who was right and who was wrong. But I put 6 in so we should be all good.

Also my car is pretty funny lookin with the stock wheels and 235 tires. It looks so... Normal? Slow? It just doesn't look like it means business lol.

Yea. I know it's fine, I was just wondering who was right and who was wrong. But I put 6 in so we should be all good.

Also my car is pretty funny lookin with the stock wheels and 235 tires. It looks so... Normal? Slow? It just doesn't look like it means business lol.

Its a v6 of course it doesnt mean business  :trololol-1:

and  quarts is correct, unless iv been doing it wrong this whole time. but i doubt it

I've used Lucas for 30 years, if I remember correctly the bottle states to use the full qt. I'll check it again, sometimes I do use 6 qts. oil only. No one else uses Lucas?

I've used Lucas for 30 years, if I remember correctly the bottle states to use the full qt. I'll check it again, sometimes I do use 6 qts. oil only. No one else uses Lucas?

Over the years I've heard and read good things about Lucas products, it looks like a good time to give them a try when I winterize my car  this weekend.

If I were going to store the car for 6+ months I'd consider using an oil stabilizer along with fuel stabilizer, but when driving the car daily I'd much rather have just the proper amount of oil.

• Like 1