Sign in to follow this  
2011fastford

is it impressive?

I am associated with Cantu Racing who drives a turbo GTR running 9 second 1/4 passes on stock suspension & sticky tires, 12 lbs. of boost! I prefer my mustang for corner carving, I don't drag my 3.7 I believe it a Borg turbo. So sticky tires they squish when you touch them M/T's if I remember correctly, I am 56 years young.

Hmmm... Does a 700 HP V6 Mustang really exist?  And if it does, you'd better bet the fact that it beat a "supercar" is impressive! 

Of course, you can throw money at anything!  Doesn't mean it will work for its intended purpose.  I watched a video of a motorcycle with a sideways-sitting V8 engine and a huge roots supercharger on top burn its rear tire all the way down the 1/4 in... get this... 10.5 (ish) seconds!  WHAT???  Only 10.5 seconds???  No less?  Nope.  Thing wouldn't hook.  The rider crossed lanes a time or two as well, because he couldn't keep it in a straight line.  Prime example of throwing money at something that doesn't fulfill its purpose.

A mere Pony knocking out a GTR?  Yep!  It has my vote for money well spent!

• Like 4

The guy posting in FB is talking about the wonderfully amazing best everything for cheap turbo setup alrefire will tell you all about. Basically, most people don't believe the video. It got on 1320's YouTube channel, got millions of views and I still don't believe it. The GTR was "e85, time, sticky tires" and I don't remember what else. The mustang had 3 or 4 people in it and out pulled the GTR on a freeway pull. And the mustang "had a 100% stock block". I don't believe it. I have never been in a 700 hp GTR, but I have been in a few super cars. That are slower than a GTR. And I have been in a few "fast" american cars, like Z06's and big mustangs. To beat a GTR on e85 and a tune would take some very very serious doing. Forget horsepower at that point. The 6R80 isn't geared for that, and being in 3rd or 4th gear you would have to seriously our power the GTR to pull on it because the GTR has silly gearing. It's just not a normal car.

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy posting in FB is talking about the wonderfully amazing best everything for cheap turbo setup alrefire will tell you all about. Basically, most people don't believe the video. It got on 1320's YouTube channel, got millions of views and I still don't believe it. The GTR was "e85, time, sticky tires" and I don't remember what else. The mustang had 3 or 4 people in it and out pulled the GTR on a freeway pull. And the mustang "had a 100% stock block". I don't believe it. I have never been in a 700 hp GTR, but I have been in a few super cars. That are slower than a GTR. And I have been in a few "fast" american cars, like Z06's and big mustangs. To beat a GTR on e85 and a tune would take some very very serious doing. Forget horsepower at that point. The 6R80 isn't geared for that, and being in 3rd or 4th gear you would have to seriously our power the GTR to pull on it because the GTR has silly gearing. It's just not a normal car.

the video didnt get on 1320, 1320 actually filmed that video.. i dont think there's anything fake about it... maybe the stang wasnt stock motor but the vid is legit

I find it hard to believe. "Stock" motor, single turbo, no nos, 3 people in the car cyclone beat a e85, 20psi 700+ hp gtr. I don't see how "an equal power" mustang first held together, second, had the gearing to keep up. Pretty sure they ran 3.31's in their car, so they had to be in third gear. And then probably switched into 4th. Even with all the psi in the world 4th gear is still just above 1:1. I don't know man. Think of how hard a stock early GTR would walk a 5.0, the gtr is only up like 50 hp and it would walk so far away and laugh as it put bus lengths on it.

I find it hard to believe. "Stock" motor, single turbo, no nos, 3 people in the car cyclone beat a e85, 20psi 700+ hp gtr. I don't see how "an equal power" mustang first held together, second, had the gearing to keep up. Pretty sure they ran 3.31's in their car, so they had to be in third gear. And then probably switched into 4th. Even with all the psi in the world 4th gear is still just above 1:1. I don't know man. Think of how hard a stock early GTR would walk a 5.0, the gtr is only up like 50 hp and it would walk so far away and laugh as it put bus lengths on it.

I'm pretty sure it was using nitrous wasnt it? I thought I recalled the kid sitting in the backseat actually pressing the button.

• Like 1

What's the argument though?  A street win is a street win.  I don't like street racing myself but there's no "cleaner" place to test "run what you brung and hope you brung enough."

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure it was using nitrous wasnt it? I thought I recalled the kid sitting in the backseat actually pressing the button.

Hmm. Maybe you are right. I remember that now that you say it.

I've followed the LPF vids and here's my take away.  I think that most of the vids are legit, unless they're paying some folks to take a dive. But, I don't think most people would want the whole world knowing that some skanky sounding V6 Mustang whup'd their ass. But it's really curious that the results can't be replicated on someone else's V6 Mustang.There's something in their recipe that is getting left out when others are trying to produce the same outcome. I call BS on the "stock" internals. However, if the buying public can be convinced that they can get near the same results without having to invest in high-dollar upgrades to block/crank/pistons, they'll happily turn over their cash for a chance to run with GTRs, Corvettes, etc.

• Like 1

I've followed the LPF vids and here's my take away.  I think that most of the vids are legit, unless they're paying some folks to take a dive. But, I don't think most people would want the whole world knowing that some skanky sounding V6 Mustang whup'd their ass. But it's really curious that the results can't be replicated on someone else's V6 Mustang.There's something in their recipe that is getting left out when others are trying to produce the same outcome. I call BS on the "stock" internals. However, if the buying public can be convinced that they can get near the same results without having to invest in high-dollar upgrades to block/crank/pistons, they'll happily turn over their cash for a chance to run with GTRs, Corvettes, etc.

landtosea did what they did with his kit running low 10's and you also have cfm doing about the same thing with theres

landtosea did what they did with his kit running low 10's and you also have cfm doing about the same thing with theres

CFM developed their own setup, is landtosea running LFM's setup?