Sign in to follow this  
Roanstang

Fried pork chops in "homemade batter"

Made my own corn starch & flour w/ 2 tsp baking powder, wash with egg and whole milk. Real flaky batter, you guys mix your own batter?post-929-0-64027700-1441794150_thumb.jpg

post-929-0-98418400-1441794160_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

damn looks good, i actually just bought a small deep fryer really small lol its a 1liter but i could probably do this with it maybe.... we made deep fried candy bars with it this weekend

at least you would die happy

People I see die of heart disease don't seem all that happy. Gotta make sure you excersise enough to offset that stuff. Have you made it back to the gym yet?

That's why I built the home gym. No excuses even after a hard day at work. Wish I had more room for olympic movements but I'm happy so far.

• Like 1

That's why I built the home gym. No excuses even after a hard day at work. Wish I had more room for olympic movements but I'm happy so far.

it's not much but i started walking zoey 1 mile a day but thats about all the exercise i've been getting lately, my wife just recently got a second job so on the days she works  i may start going to the gym

Thanks for the compliments, I am still recovering from throat cancer and study health & fitness. I actually trained bodybuilder's in Venice,Ca. in the late 70's early 80's.When I get the "Mediport" out of my chest I will resume weight training myself, cardio is important as well, I walk my heeler Charlie for now. I hate to hear; husband works & wife has 2 jobs? What a 

"New World Order", oh well?

• Like 1

Man gotta buy a fryer now.  I want to make some homemade croquettas with different meats and fillings.

Use a deep cask iron skillet. That's what I use to fry foods in.

• Like 1

I've got several iron skillets for frying myself, here's my walking buddy Charlie Thomas Longfellow. You can see my home made two door grill in the background.

post-929-0-42142000-1445763693_thumb.jpg