Sign in to follow this  
v6lol

Header opinion

Now I'm not one to put cheap parts on my car, but I'm always looking for the best bang for the buck. I've googled this subject and didn't come up with much in terms of actual evidence. OBX headers. From ebay. Seen a set of long tubes + catted x pipe or h pipe for a little of 600 shipped. I snooped around on some ls forums and seen a decent amount of people running them on their Camaros and g8's. Some were 100% satisfied and said fitment was on point, others had complaints. Couldn't find any mustang owner running them so far. Thoughts on this? Is it worth the risk? I know the common saying of you get what you pay for but many people say these are basically identical to another big brand header just under a different name and a shady Chinese company.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Stainless-Exhaust-Header-plus-X-Pipe-11-12-13-14-Mustang-GT-5-0L-V8-DOHC-/121452126560?fits=Year%3A2014%7CModel%3AMustang%7CSubmodel%3AGT&hash=item1c471c6160&vxp=mtr

Now I'm not one to put cheap parts on my car, but I'm always looking for the best bang for the buck. I've googled this subject and didn't come up with much in terms of actual evidence. OBX headers. From ebay. Seen a set of long tubes + catted x pipe or h pipe for a little of 600 shipped. I snooped around on some ls forums and seen a decent amount of people running them on their Camaros and g8's. Some were 100% satisfied and said fitment was on point, others had complaints. Couldn't find any mustang owner running them so far. Thoughts on this? Is it worth the risk? I know the common saying of you get what you pay for but many people say these are basically identical to another big brand header just under a different name and a shady Chinese company.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Stainless-Exhaust-Header-plus-X-Pipe-11-12-13-14-Mustang-GT-5-0L-V8-DOHC-/121452126560?fits=Year%3A2014%7CModel%3AMustang%7CSubmodel%3AGT&hash=item1c471c6160&vxp=mtr

So i'm curious, what exactly does your username mean?

If I'm going through the pain of installing headers they will be long tubes even with the price being a few hundred more.

For a coyote, pony up and get stainless LT's from a reputable manufacturer. 

In the case of OBX, the old addage applies.... Fast, Cheap, Reliable.... Pick 2.

I've seen them in the Mazda world... the flanges are shit, the welds are shit, most guys that bought them ended up ponying up for MSDS (only other vendor for headers on that car) down the line.

For 2015 Coyotes, it's either Kooks, Stainless Works, Stainless Power(cheaper variant of SW, sold by Beefcake), or ARH. Borla will have theirs out soon hopefully.

• Like 1

I could always go bbk 550 for chrome or 650 for ceramics, I might just wait and save for a higher end set like kooks or sw etc. Had bbk's on my v6 but the extensions or the 02 sensors kept giving me codes so idk if I wana go back to them.

I believe he has had nearly every combination of exhaust.  Including the taco special exhaust, man what happened to that thread?

O wait you have a coyote? I thought you had a cyclone based on user name lol.

My b. Yea don't get shorties.

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to logistx haha. Was gona have a custom license plate on my procharged 3.7 that said v6lol but never did

• Like 1

Hmm you say SW but you have kooks? Why is this>>

For the amount of money, Stainless Works is a fantastic option.  I got my headers for a screamin' deal.  Otherwise I would have ended up with SW's offering.

I believe he has had nearly every combination of exhaust.  Including the taco special exhaust, man what happened to that thread?

Hopefully fallen into the abyss!

It exploded. Took out most of Milwaukee with it.

You are not wrong...

Can someone pm me the discount codes for the sites vendors? Gona get an mbrp catback and an mpt tune for now then long tubes and an intake around Christmas time in hopes of a good deal.