Sign in to follow this  
6Bolt

Sport paddles are great! But…

I am certified to diagnose and repair dual clutch transmissions in addition to regular automatic transmissions, just an FYI.

• Like 2

I am certified to diagnose and repair dual clutch transmissions in addition to regular automatic transmissions, just an FYI.

post-472-143985448471_thumb.jpg
  • Like 7

Just for clarity I too was a Michigan State Certified Master Mechanic for 15+ years before my mechanical career was ended due to neck injuries sustained (large left sided herniation of c3 and c5 vertebra) while driving home after work (at a transmission shop by the way) in my 1985 Ford Festiva (1700 pounds) in a collision with a Michigan deer (210 pounds) while traveling at about 55 miles per hour.

I specifically say Michigan deer as the deer where I now live here in Texas are closer to large dogs in comparison.

Oddly enough in Michigan all mechanics are required to be state certified:

All persons who repair motor vehicles for compensation (including the reconditioning, replacement, diagnosis, adjustment or alteration of the operating condition of the vehicle or any component or sub-assembly) in any category of major repair, must be certified by the State of Michigan.

Individuals who are currently certified or have passed tests administered by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE), may be eligible to apply for state certification in certain categories in lieu of taking the state exams. ASE certification and licensure does NOT qualify you as a state certified mechanic.

I am just saying that we both had to pass specific tests in order to prove our mechanical knowledge and abilities.

• Like 2

Refreshing to have this kind of discussion with someone who knows a thing or two about cars. I'm so used to the DCT/Auto debate with people who's entire automotive knowledge came from a magazine.

6Bolt sorry to hear about your injury!

• Like 2

Refreshing to have this kind of discussion with someone who knows a thing or two about cars. I'm so used to the DCT/Auto debate with people who's entire automotive knowledge came from a magazine.

meme-guy-about-to-say-something-1.jpg

• Like 1

Haha was referring to conversations on other forums Mariusvt!

lol, it just seemed like an appropriate response to the comment!

• Like 1

Well I guess McCarthy (or perhaps some one-legged man (or maybe a cheerleader)) will be the first to find out! ;-P

As I sit here and watch all these people hard park the shit out of their done up MANUAL transmission Mustang's. Match. Set. Boom.

As I sit here and watch all these people hard park the shit out of their done up MANUAL transmission Mustang's. Match. Set. Boom.

What does that even mean? lol

• Like 1

What does that even mean? lol

Bob made the comment's that a one legged man, or a cheerleader will drive an automatic,

so I fired back with look at all the people with their heavily modified mustang's hard parking (<--- that means track ready parts galore, and they drive it on the street only).

• Like 1

Bob made the comment's that a one legged man, or a cheerleader will drive an automatic,

so I fired back with look at all the people with their heavily modified mustang's hard parking (<--- that means track ready parts galore, and they drive it on the street only).

Ah, didn't know what hard parking meant. Well, I am glad I at least push my stang more than some people lol.

• Like 1

I never said ONLY a one-legged man or valley-girl would drive an automatic.

Those are just the only categories that come to mind..... ;)

Whoops I'm wrong, actually my 75yo dad drives an automatic 2002 GT Mustang! Blech!!!

• Like 1

This is why the forum here is so valuable, the people here have "Knowledge", which is power. I use it to expand my R&D for my business. You can use it however you wish.I have driven manual tranny, but never yet on a dragstrip. I enjoy my 6R80 auto, especially in sport mode with the "Rev Matching". Can anyone expound on rev matching?