Sign in to follow this  
JasinEdward

JasinEdward's 2015

Yea. The 275 pirellis on the performance pack are garbage. I was impressed with them on track, they felt much better there than on the street, maybe they just need a lot of heat in them until they do anything, although I am more than sure the PSS's we will be getting will be a vast improvement.

The issue to me is, Pirelli can make a good tire, our Audi has some "p zero's" and that thing sticks like glue. Lots of high performance cars have "p zero's" so I am very confident they are not all the same compound at all. P zero is just a catch all for "not an all season Pirelli, and also not a Corsa". There is no way in hell a multi hundred thousand dollar super car has the same front tire our mustang does, they may be same name, look similar, and be the same size, but they are not the same thing. And if by some chance they are the same, omg, suspension geometry and parts make the biggest difference ever, AND Ferrari and Audi need to start using super sports, cut a few seconds off their ring times for sure.

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford cuts cost "out the door" with 17x7" rims and tires, 1st mod I did was lighter & larger rims and tires, just for "Safety on the twisty's"! Now Koni sports & J&M cc plates to take it a step further.

Yea. The 275 pirellis on the performance pack are garbage. I was impressed with them on track, they felt much better there than on the street, maybe they just need a lot of heat in them until they do anything, although I am more than sure the PSS's we will be getting will be a vast improvement.

The issue to me is, Pirelli can make a good tire, our Audi has some "p zero's" and that thing sticks like glue. Lots of high performance cars have "p zero's" so I am very confident they are not all the same compound at all. P zero is just a catch all for "not an all season Pirelli, and also not a Corsa". There is no way in hell a multi hundred thousand dollar super car has the same front tire our mustang does, they may be same name, look similar, and be the same size, but they are not the same thing. And if by some chance they are the same, omg, suspension geometry and parts make the biggest difference ever, AND Ferrari and Audi need to start using super sports, cut a few seconds off their ring times for sure.

You are pretty close there are different models of the same tire you can tell by the tread ratings, higher numbers end up being street variants over lower ones which are more sticky, but add to that these are not really High performance supercars although with the new suspension they are better.  Otherwise we would have magride in all of em hehe.  I had better experience with the Nitto NT555s than the pzeros.  Hell my continentals were better and those were high performance all seasons but with that said they are different tires, I am sure like you stated under heated conditions the Pirelli's shine as that is what they are meant for.  Not new England driving in 50 degree weather =)

• Like 1

Yea. I wouldn't say the shined once at temperature, but they did better then expected when compared to their cold performance on LA streets.

But to be fair, my dad was telling me he was burning rubber all over on the 5.0, just went for a drive yesterday, him in the Audi me in my v6, I got the rear to spin like never before. The cooler ground temps for sure play a huge role in traction. I felt like I was in a 5.0 lol.

• Like 1

Yup thats why I have tossed the last three sets of Pzeros for other brands they are hot weather only performance tires as far as I am concerned, even my near stock 11 V6 was tail happy with them on those 19" GT premium wheels I bought.

Here is a video of a 40mph pull of my Roush compared to the whipple putting out over 100 more rwhp.... I have to pedal a little bit into it or I just spin

My Roush 2.3

Whipple 2.9

• Like 2

Man that extra power seems like it's another level of brutal lol.

• Like 1

I think that's the difference between the auto and the manual trans... he also had to shift well before me, so I'm thinkin he might have had 3.73's

Yea. I can see his being 3.73's. It pulled RPM noticeably quicker.

Here is a video of a 40mph pull of my Roush compared to the whipple putting out over 100 more rwhp.... I have to pedal a little bit into it or I just spin

My Roush 2.3

Whipple 2.9

That is kind of what my car is now with the big turbo and meth compared to the stock setup with a tune.

Be happy you have the roush. Pretty sure my dads car has been broken longer than it hasn't........................

Whipple will be coming down here to LA at some point to fix what ford messed up replacing our exploded AC clutch, I guess they couldn't get the harmonic balanced off, or back on correctly.

I have since gone with the Lund tune.  Car is a completely different animal now. It was really tame before.  Now it barks every gear change. Going to go with a 79mm pulley, BAP, 52lb injectors, and a revision shortly.  I'll post some numbers when I get some, but another user at Mustang6g has the same current setup tuned by Lund ran a 10.7 at 130.  That's with the 85mm pulley. 

• Like 1

I have since gone with the Lund tune. Car is a completely different animal now. It was really tame before. Now it barks every gear change. Going to go with a 79mm pulley, BAP, 52lb injectors, and a revision shortly. I'll post some numbers when I get some, but another user at Mustang6g has the same current setup tuned by Lund ran a 10.7 at 130. That's with the 85mm pulley.

Lund always had increadible results with the posi blowers even way back when.

Alright! So I haven't been around much due to a new job, but I have still been lurking here and there!  These were a Christmas present....  They are staggered 20" satin GT350 replicas..... Snagged a set of 4 on Black Friday for $479 shipped.  There are 255 Nitto 555 G2's up front and 305 35 20 555r's in the back.  Once heated, these thing hook great!  Between the stage 1 blower, Lund tune, and these tires not much on the street stands a chance....  Confirmed kills so far include a neighbor's Hellcat (stock) and GT-R.... 

1231161759_HDR_zpsgkltytzk.jpg

• Like 5

$479, holy crap was that cheap. Car looks amazing. I have really grown to live the look of the S550. A lot!!

• Like 2

They were a 1 weekend only special to get rid of some of their matte black stock.... wheelreplicas.com ..... I was on the fence at first because I really wanted hyper black, but these are more of a satin finish. I'm really happy with the results! Here is a shot of the back.... The offset on these is perfect....

1231161525a_HDR_zpsykjwcsgn.jpg

• Like 4

$479, holy crap was that cheap. Car looks amazing. I have really grown to live the look of the S550. A lot!!

Slowly but surely warming up to the look also. Of course the 2018 refresh is just about here now too. I'll probably keep the 2014 for good, maybe even get buried in it, lol.
  • Like 1

Are they over 27" tall? I use 18's to help my gear, twenty's seem too tall and I want to fit a 40 series tire. The "murdered out " look is nice, congrats on the "kills" did the GT-R give you a better run than the Hellkitty?I recently fitted 5/16" spacers all around.post-929-0-40865300-1487674230_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like they are 28.5"..... The GT-R put up a better fight by far..... The Hellcat didn't hook very well.  I was able to get to a street night at Bradenton.  I need to get a better 60'.  It'll take some practice with this power level.  I am averaging 10.8 @ 128.....  The C7 Zo6's that were there that night were running 11.4-11.5@ 124..... once I knock my 1.8 60' to a 1.5 or 1.6 I should be averaging a 10.6- 10.7......  If I don't pulley down first.....  Which I might.  I'm gonna do a 79mm with 56 lb ford racing injectors and a VMP BAP......

post-929-0-68568200-1487937300_thumb.jpgCoastal weather is really nice these last couple weeks, Wilbro makes a nice fuel pump you might consider instead of a Boost a punk, ha. Anyway I like the offset your 305's have, I am just "old school" and won't run any tire & wheel over 18", unless I go supercharger with you and a smaller pulley is a good idea. Hows your intercooler setup? Here's my offset with the 5/16" spacers now. 235/50/18's currently.

attachicon.gifDSCN1283.JPGCoastal weather is really nice these last couple weeks, Wilbro makes a nice fuel pump you might consider instead of a Boost a punk, ha. Anyway I like the offset your 305's have, I am just "old school" and won't run any tire & wheel over 18", unless I go supercharger with you and a smaller pulley is a good idea. Hows your intercooler setup? Here's my offset with the 5/16" spacers now. 235/50/18's currently.

I was considering the vmp triple pass heat exchanger along with their throttlebody, but those are some bigger ticket items that are further down on my to-do list.