Sign in to follow this  
Cise

Custom Lower Grille

I am probably going to be picking up a oem lower grille to chop up and make a lower delete. Has anyone done this? I figure I can chop it up how I like, sand it down, and then plasti dip it if it needs it. I am not about to pay for a roush lower delete. I figured this would make a great first post. I'll try and update with pictures when I find someone who is willing to give me their old lower grille.

• Like 4

I am probably going to be picking up a oem lower grille to chop up and make a lower delete. Has anyone done this? I figure I can chop it up how I like, sand it down, and then plasti dip it if it needs it. I am not about to pay for a roush lower delete. I figured this would make a great first post. I'll try and update with pictures when I find someone who is willing to give me their old lower grille.

Welcome to the forum!

And this could be pretty cool, first mod I did was the billet grille, costs way too much money... That was also 4 years ago now so I try not to think about it ;)

Thanks for the welcome. I'm actually coming over from ME since the cyclone group prefers this forum.

• Like 2

Thanks for the welcome. I'm actually coming over from ME since the cyclone group prefers this forum.

For sure. I was on ME at one point, like 2+ years ago. Came over here and have not looked back! People know wtf they are talking about on here, and LOTS of cyclone knowledge to be had. Hope we can help you out :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to your project. Is this purely for cosmetic reasons or are you going for extra airflow to the radiator?

I one day plan on getting some sort of forced induction, so that thought is in the back of my head. At the moment though it is purely cosmetic.

• Like 1

Found a lower grille for 35$ from a local guy. I'll be picking it up tonight  :Big Grin:

• Like 2

I think I've seen someone do this before, can't recall who though..

Welcome to the forum  :cheers:

I haven't got one sadly. I plan on using an air saw to cut out the middle and then spending a very long time sanding down the honey comb sections on either side of the opening as well as the opening it self. I imagine it's going to look a lot like the cervinis lower.

First thing you need to buy next, is a Dremel. Literally best tool in the world.

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

First thing you need to buy next, is a Dremel. Literally best tool in the world.

The best tool in the world is a pocket screwdriver. A million uses, one of which is actually driving in screws.

• Like 1

A dremel would make short work of this, however, I don't have one and I am trying to do this on the cheap.

Alright. So i've got the entire middle section out and sanded. I was originally going to sand down the rest of the honeycomb on the sides, however, I think I am going to try filling it all up with bondo, sanding it down even and then dipping the entire grille black.

Edit: Yes I know the hot pads are awesome. My significant other gets mad every time I actually use them for something lol.

IMG_20150808_194129_zpssfbtaltw.jpg