• Announcements

• Unclenard

Site Upgrade   11/08/2017

The site will be continuing to get the look and feel adjusted since the upgrade.  If you have any suggestions please let me know.  In the top right is the link for "Unread Content".  Initially everything may be showing up and you will have to click the link for "Mark site read".
Unclenard

Garage floor coatings

Does anyone have any experience with the different garage coatings available?

I was thinking about the Rust-Oleum EpoxyShield unless there is something better that doesn't cost a lot more.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-EpoxyShield-2-gal-Gray-2-Part-High-Gloss-Epoxy-Garage-Floor-Coating-Kit-251870/100671422

Yes it is roll on.  It is all in the prep from what I've read so far.  The kit comes with a citrus based cleaner that might not be strong enough for some floors.  A few drops of water on various spots of the floor can test this.  If the concrete turns dark and immediately absorbs the water, then the concrete is profiled correctly.  If it sits there without absorbing right away, the pores are not exposed and the epoxy will not bond well.  If not, then muriatic acid should be used to prep the surface.  Also adding an additional layer of clear epoxy will help with wear.

Looks like you're on the right track.  The quality of the finish is entirely based on the prep.  However in some cases Ive see in addition to the acid sometimes it could take a light grinding of the surface to get proper adhesion. 

• Like 1

Ok, I have the "Cherry Bomb" red rustoelum "Rocksolid", and Behr "Wetlook" sealer. I bought some acid wash and will prep the floor by next weekend, photo's to come. Kitchen floor is 1st.post-929-0-80095800-1495360765_thumb.jpg

Damn laptop photo's! Upside down, right side up, Frick!

Wow that is good stuff! It holds your car to the ceiling!

And the carport was recently installed, ha. Still waiting to move freezer and paint walls & cabinets in Kitchen before rolling and cleaning floor for covering & Behr "wet look" sealer. The cat is "Sculptured Elegance" a Cornish Rex "Grand Champion".post-929-0-95124600-1495875213_thumb.jpg

When you take pictures with your phone are you holding it with the top of the phone to your left or to the right?  Should be to the left.  Probably why pictures are posting upside down.

• Like 1