Onmy6

Finally got back to the strip after a 2 yr hiatus

Driver: 20yrs old, had the car for 3.5yrs, consider myself to be a decent driver.

car: 2012 v6 mustang

-M6

-diablosport 93 tune

-LCA

-235/50-17 michelin pilot sport AS3

-airraid intake

-ford racing mufflers

The conditions

-Tulsa drag strip test and tune

-72F

-rain was lurking all day (high humidity)

Timeslip

RT- .563

60Ft- 2.096

330Ft- 5.939

1/8- 9.066

MPH- 79.22

1/4- 13.976

MPH- 100.37

what do you guys think there is another test and tune friday... but i think i got just about all i can out of her...

Bone stock MT 3.7's put up those numbers, something seems off considering you have gears/lca/tune/intake.  Is that a canned tune? What was the DA at the time of running?

Bone stock MT 3.7's put up those numbers, something seems off considering you have gears/lca/tune/intake.  Is that a canned tune? What was the DA at the time of running?

1566ft DA

yes canned diablosport tune... im thinking about un marrying it and selling it and getting an sct with mpt tunes

also thats what i could not understand but i cant improve much more on ATLEAST the 60ft 

41k miles 2500 miles on oil still full and looks perfect color... so i think the engine is runnin pretty damn good

• Like 1

Got to get the 60fts down a bit. But still i think you're probably right on getting rid of the diablosport and going with mpt. Should definitely see a big difference there. Other then that hope for a better day to hit the track with a little less humidity and maybe a little cooler air out and the car should run a little better. 

Got to get the 60fts down a bit. But still i think you're probably right on getting rid of the diablosport and going with mpt. Should definitely see a big difference there. Other then that hope for a better day to hit the track with a little less humidity and maybe a little cooler air out and the car should run a little better. 

how much more can i get it down on 235 wide all seasons?

72F but humidity had to be like 80%+

problem is mpt will be an expensive switch

My son (Fooln Ya) ran a 13.78 @ 101 MPH with his '12 3.7 M6 car with 2.73 gears.  It was bone stock down to the paper filter and he ran those times on the 235/50/18 Pirelli's on stock 18x8" wheels.

IIRC his 60' time was down in the 1.9 range.

You need to get yourself a tune and a little better tire for track use and get your times down well into the lower 13's.

Yes to "Have a good time", and I know about money being an issue. I got American Racing razor rims 18x9 for less than $500.00 so the rim weight was less. 24lbs vs 28 lbs. also I can run bigger brakes & 275/40/18 tires to help my 2.73:1 gear. MPT tune can help you so go for that for sure.

thank you guys for the help... headin back this saturday for some  more practice... 
Im giving MPT a call today and seeing if they can make a diablosport tune (it says on their website they can, but nothing on the 3.7 specifically)
and so I have another .1 in the 60ft. My axle is hopping like no tomorrow everyone says they can see my exhaust and axle moving.
how about the 8th? Should I powershift second? 
Thank you all for the help!

thank you guys for the help... headin back this saturday for some  more practice... 

Im giving MPT a call today and seeing if they can make a diablosport tune (it says on their website they can, but nothing on the 3.7 specifically)

and so I have another .1 in the 60ft. My axle is hopping like no tomorrow everyone says they can see my exhaust and axle moving.

how about the 8th? Should I powershift second? 

Thank you all for the help!

What lower control arms?

What lower control arms?

J & M

I would play with shift points first.....like what are you shifting at 1- 3?

6800 to 7000 or so... slipping the clutch at like 2k

As long as you aren't getting excessive tire spin on the 1-2 shift then powershifting will net you better times.