Sign in to follow this  
Phillip@LRS

Our Twin Turbo S550 Gt Made How Much Hp?

Once we got the car put back together we were ready to put our turbo 2015 Mustang on the dyno! Running on pump gas and on 10psi we were able to make 711 horsepower and 625 ft/lbs of torque with a conservative tune. This custom tune was chosen for daily driving and reliability in mind. Yes, we could have turned it up and made plenty more, but for what we were looking for with this project, this amount of power will be perfect for everyday driving!

• Like 5

I wonder what the implications will be on the factory cooling system?

For the street or 1/4mi it's likely still fine.  If you were running laps around the track I'd think you'd want to look into some upgrades.

• Like 1

These motors seem to be CRAZY stout!  How comfy do you feel on that type of power?  Any indications on where an S550 GT would be on borrowed time?

In addition to the oil pump gears like all Coyotes, the timing chain sprocket also needs upgrading on 2015+ Coyotes. Beefcake said he broke 3 of them on his 2011 but the 2015's are even weaker.

In addition to the oil pump gears like all Coyotes, the timing chain sprocket also needs upgrading on 2015+ Coyotes. Beefcake said he broke 3 of them on his 2011 but the 2015's are even weaker.

Why are they weaker? I mean the design of the engine is the same, even though the internals for the 2015 are stronger. Why in that case would Ford engineers go with a weaker sprocket than what was on the pre 15 Coyote?

Why are they weaker? I mean the design of the engine is the same, even though the internals for the 2015 are stronger. Why in that case would Ford engineers go with a weaker sprocket than what was on the pre 15 Coyote?

They are thinner than before, don't know why. It's really only an issue when boosted it seems.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22332&highlight=SPROCKET

broken%20coyote%20gear.jpg

Can't take instant torque maybe but can handle being spun stupid fast?

No idea but I doubt it. Nobody has really tried revving the 2015 Coyote.

Here is what I read from that thread.....

"Unfortunately this problem is real, the 2015 has the weakest sprocket of them all! This is why we developed the Billet lower crank gear, by using a aerospace steel vs powdered metal and increasing the key way cross section we have been able to eliminate this problem."

So funny how he says "aerospace steel" LOL.  Why not just say it is 7071 aluminum or some sort of hardened tooled steel.

Meh, 7071 aluminum or some sort of harden tooled steel.

Oooo aerospace steel!! That sounds fancy, take my money!

700 hp in a daily driver,,,,it's amazing how far things have come.