Sign in to follow this  
V6 Cannonballer

? Highest Known Output of "Built" 3.7?

The title of the thread pretty much says it. 

Of an engine that has managed to stay together for thousands of miles, not one that's made a few gnarly runs then died.

I've yet to see or hear of a fully built 3.7 hanging tough with more than 500-ish RWHP.

I'm not arguing that it's a respectable number.  Even 400 RWHP is nothing to sneeze at. 

Maybe I'm just stuck in the past, but the Buick 331 c.i. (3.8 ?) set the bar awfully high, and the Toyota 2JZ (is that what it's called ?) has kept it there.  3.7 just can't seem to get with it, even on full custom builds.

I'm not aware of any crate iron blocks existing.  Don't know if an iron block would help any. 

Has one managed to tip the 600 RWHP mark or beyond and stay together?

I think you meant to type 231 on that Buick.  Dunno, on a 50 shot our 227s will make a lazy 400, and the only Buicks, to name one, that made more than 400 HP for more than a single pass were the Indianapolis versions.    Ask me in several dozen more passes how mine sounds.

Yeah, I meant 231. 

Stock is not "built." 

8 second passes were frequent in the built 231 Buicks during their hey-days of the late 80's and 90's.  There were even a few street-driven "door slammers" running 8's.

I don't recall any built 231's running 7's, but there might have been a few.

Anyway, it looks like the 3.7 Ford Mustang might be forever stuck at high 10's, unless I've missed some recent developments/builds? 

I think cfm is in the mid 10s with the stock block. lpf is mid 10s with a built motor. Chris, landtosea, is in the 10s I think, built motor. I'd wager all could sniff the high 9s with the right setup and good air.

• Like 1

Good to see the numbers getting up there.  I've been out of the picture for a while.  Looks like I've missed out on some things.  Happy to see progress on the 3.7.  I hope those cars stay together with those numbers.  Would be great news if they do.  Will finally have some of the kinks worked out of this picky platform.

What Connor told me, "Turbo only 746/805 then with spray it's a 300 shot never dynod it on spray".

So he should be close to if not more then 1000rhwp????

• Like 1

So he should be close to if not more then 1000rhwp????

I was looking at that and scratching my head.  Would love to see something like that stay in one piece!  If so, the 3.7 would finally be on the old Buick V6 GN's playground!