Jackie comes back

Gets warm welcomes

Gets thread jacked

:trololol-1:

Welcome back Jackie!

Is this strange?

LOL!  lets se how long she stays i feel like she "comes back" every 1 or 2 months :whistle:

Seriously Jackie! Stick around! :cheers:

So, I do have one question.  I'm curious how you do your layers.

Do you use a sealer, wax, then a polish?  And I'm not even sure where a glaze goes in all of that... I want to try that Jetseal that you mentioned lol. But I want to make sure it's protected with some wax too.  I think a sealer just coats the paint, then you put a protective layer of wax on it, then polish.  

Wrong directly.  Polishes are for correcting imperfections.  Waxes and sealers are to protect your hard work.

So your order should be:

1. Wet

2. Treatments (bug & tar remover etc)

3. Let treatments settle

4. Soap

5. Clay bar

6. Rinse

7. Dry

8. Polish (only if needed, polishes are abrasive and varying level of abrasion)

10. Remove residue

11. Swirl remover

12. Remove residue

13. Wax/sealants

14. Beer

15. Shower

16. Nap

• Like 1

she's alive!!!!!!!! whats up Jackie??? you dont FFM or Instagram anymore... was starting to think that you traded your BF for his camaro and you were so ashamed you became a hermit.

Yep yep lol.  I will do instagram again once I start cleaning my car.  It's been dirty since I haven't had time to wash it.  Devastating.  And no, he sold that Camaro years ago.  He has a Rubicon now.

Hahahaha. Don't worry. Only fastford would rink you traded in for a camaro. People with fast cars would never consider such a thing.

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

^ lol

Jackie comes back

Gets warm welcomes

Gets thread jacked

:trololol-1:

Welcome back Jackie!

Haha, never change, FFM! :)  Thank you.

LOL!  lets se how long she stays i feel like she "comes back" every 1 or 2 months :whistle:

*sigh* It's summertime, so I'll definitely stick around.  And I make more money now, so hopefully I'll have some mods coming up. lol

Is this strange?

Seriously Jackie! Stick around! :cheers:

I plan on it.  Til around August then I'll probably disappear again. :S

Wrong directly.  Polishes are for correcting imperfections.  Waxes and sealers are to protect your hard work.

So your order should be:

1. Wet

2. Treatments (bug & tar remover etc)

3. Let treatments settle

4. Soap

5. Clay bar

6. Rinse

7. Dry

8. Polish (only if needed, polishes are abrasive and varying level of abrasion)

10. Remove residue

11. Swirl remover

12. Remove residue

13. Wax/sealants

14. Beer

15. Shower

16. Nap

Sub the beer for wine and that'll be perfect. :trololol-1:  Then:

17: Play on computer til the wee hours of morning.

^.^ Thank you for the steps!  Noted.

• Like 1

I would trust nastang, seeing as we really don't have a method. Lol. But that is basically what we do, just not all of those things.

Look i'll be honest, when I first got the car I literally spent a week straight making the paint immaculate, then I got lazy and it got a scratch or two, so I only waxed it, no polish, now i'm staring at a massive gouge missing from the side of the front bumper from clipping a cone last year at ORP at about 200kmh... 

When it happened: "Should I fix that? Meh, next year."

Winter: "Meh, there's cone rash EVERYWHERE now, so maybe later"

Now: "Fuck it it's going to be a track car soon  enough, what's the point"

• Like 3

I'm starting to be there too. I still make it looks the best it can, but yea my bumper is messed up in more ways than one now, someone backed into me somewhere while I was parked, the clear coat from my crash last year is chipping off my front bumper (guess they didn't paint it right... I don't know), pretty serious come rash down my right rocker panel, but I mean I still make it look as good as I can.

• Like 1

I take my car to be hand washed, then take it home & detail it from there. The water out here has a ton of minerals in it and easily spots. It saves me some time since I like my car to look new.  I use these micro fiber towels for buffing out spray wax or detail spray. They are thick and don't scratch the paint. I have 40-50 micro fiber towels of varying sizes/types. I also picked up their microfiber wash to keep the towels clean & like new, an important aspect to minimize swirl marks over time.

Weekly:

Detail spray w/ UV protection: I use this on the paint and head/tail lights to minimize sun oxidation.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/P40_Detailer_Spray_1_Gal_p/wac_114.htm

Tire/Trim Shine (Matte Black), tires weekly, trim when needed, usually monthly.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TVD_201

Finally Nevrdull the exhaust tips.

Done!

About 3 times a year I use Carnauba spray wax w/ applicator shown:

http://www.chemicalguys.com/InstaWax_Liquid_Protection_Spray_16_oz_p/wac_101_16.htm

I also added a clear bra on my bumper to minimize chipping, and clay bar my car about once a year to remove debris embedded in the paint.

Everyone has a process they like to do, but I found the above didn't take much time, and am able to keep the car up on a weekly basis.

Have fun & enjoy your car!

20130610_143000_zps3d61a920.jpg

• Like 3

My dad just picked up some Chem guys After Wash. I think you use it as you are drying it or something. I'll let yall know how it does.

So, just got back from chemical guys. I got a bit tired of my dad just going and being that "I want the best sell me things ok cool" and then have no idea wtf to do. Lol. We have so many products we have never used nor knew how to use properly. So now that I am in LA, and will be here often enough to have an influence on things car related, I had the guys there to threw all their products and applicator pads for our buffing machine which we have never used.

So, what I plan to do to my car in the next few days is basically strip all of what's on it off. Got their heavy duty wash that will remove all waxes and jet seal that's on it. Then I will clay bar it with their OG clay bar, then use our porter cable machine to polish (swirl remover), finish polish, glaze, jet seal, and finally wax. All of this just in time for me to hit up Autox next weekend hahahah. But wtf else am I going to do. All I have to do before I start work is buy cloths, and a kitchen table. I figure I may as well use some of the free time to learn how and then actually clean our cars. Let's hope I don't totally fuck up my car with the abrasive pad.

I plan to start on my hood which is trash in my mind anyways. Paint is starting to peel at the leading edge, my Plastidip stripes are actually hold most of the paint on, I got lucky and am having most of the issue under where I have dip. Anyways. Hood is either being replaced by Ford soon, or I'll buy a CF one. I will know I'm a few days since I am going to get an oil change where we purchased all 3 of our stangs. If that dealer doesn't go to bat for me with ford, well I will be out of options and CF hoods will start to look appealing.

• Like 2

Photo update. Like I said, I was annoyed at my dad for buying all sorts of stuff, miss placing it, forgetting he had it, all of that. He is good at buying stuff, not good at organization tho. So I decided to go through all of our stuff, organize it by type as well as how much he uses it. The top row in our pullout cabinet is all highly used stuff, so it's only one deep. Makes it real easy to use a product and put it right back. Then as you go down the shelves get more in then, with most used stuff in front, less used in back. I feel like it's easy to see everything in one quick glance, and easy to put stuff back which is important, even with it being so easy I guarantee within 2 weeks it will be total chaos again (he doesn't have any type of organizational skills, at all.)

1d45308dafd2ff132c0db6c8283cd9f2.jpg

8df3b2801d211d588b1661134fee13e2.jpg

7668b90eadcfe631367ad12de3f7f384.jpg

5b324790c49d087b5e2660cfa7bc943c.jpg

44b51c9cb82c3c72458aedd294923b22.jpg

774932857eeb1c151a19429c33c8ccea.jpg

60b8011e1a598054f550519d73d4db88.jpg

5a9fe2050d134b6b47be5f92c9200a66.jpg

I am a fan of Chem guys. but at the same time, it could all be BS. Lol. They have SOOO many products. Probably all the same thing with different food coloring added hahahah

Honestly there's so much stuff out there that it's overwhelming.  All you really need in your detail cabinet for the everyday guy who isn't trying for a mirror finish is a clay bar, quick detailer spray, your favorite wax and something like meguiars scratchx for if you need to work on a scuff or light scratch.  Unless you're Grim... then all you need is the rain.

• Like 2

Unless you're Grim... then all you need is the rain.

I work at a Benz dealer. I got peoples. :smiling:

I work at a Benz dealer. I got peoples. :smiling:

So if your weather is anything like it is up here.... today's a car wash day?