Hey guys! 

So my schedule is finally starting to lighten up.  The past two weekends I've been writing papers, PowerPoints, a report, studying for tests, a take home final, and reading chapters.  I literally read 172 pages (7 chapters) in one weekend...  Still have two finals to go but I am ready to be done.  Oh, and I work 45 hrs a week.  haha

Meanwhile, with my newfound free time, I've been thinking about starting to buy cleaning supplies from Chemical Guys. 

So far I want their diablo tire gel and a few different glazes.  And another bucket with a few interior/tire cleaning tools. 

I'm also gonna buy a palm buffer on Amazon to use with my Klass polish. 

Anyone ever use any of their stuff?  I really want a pressure washer to use with their foam cannon, but I'm gonna wait on that.

I probably should have put this in the Exterior thread, but the Girl's Garage needs more content lol.

• Like 4

Welcome back to our little slice of heaven! I'm the last guy to be giving detailing advice so I'm just gonna say hi. :bye:

• Like 2

We use exclusively chemical guys stuff and love it. I'll get on a computer later and type it all out, thems be a lot of words for a phone keyboard. Lol. But till I do, I'll post a pic of my dad chemical guys stash ;)

We also have a Costco DI water filter that we put in series with our pressure washer so we don't have to dry the cars, dI water through the foam cannon, then use the DI to rinse. Then because my dad is extra super anal he got the chemical guys basically industrial hair drier to dry his car off, doesn't have too, but does anyways just to make sure no water spots.

854c8a69faa86624bd18c85421170ba0.jpg

ad223c45bf5d29c99022f90dca0840e6.jpg

2113fb4c26b67eec59145ecff6e88748.jpg

a9a89bf35776a2c35bc9f2b8b33686ad.jpg

01bbef50baf759a3060654a7a0dc5e78.jpg

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ok, here we go!

My dad has a crapload of chemical guys stuff, but I personally have only used a few of them, partially I think he has a lot of it just to "have", partially because I am not home much so I can't really say what all he does and doesn't use.

First off, their green Ecosmart stuff is great in a pinch. It dilutes I think like 10:1 in water or something, and isn't bad. Gets dirt and crap off, but nothing really special. We originally got it to use with their electric pressure washer, well that was sort of a fail, their unit isn't very good, now it just collects dust next to our tool cabinet in the garage. You can see it a little in my second to last pic. It just doesn't have a lot of pressure...

Next, my favorite spray bottle stuff, their Hybrid V07. This stuff is like shooting holy water onto your car. It cleans amazingly well, and shines it right up! It really produces a great clean and shine on so far every car we have tried it on, red, grabber blue, and white. It also supposedly has a sealant, who knows. I take all of that with a grain of salt to be honest. I use their sealants which I will get to next, and even those I don't exactly trust to do what they claim...

Their Jetseal 109 (I would have linked the gallon, but I didn't want you to run away at $ticker $hock), stuff makes your car look like glass, really, really amazing finish. I did it once and my neighbor LEGIT asked me if I got a new car because it looked so clean. Like, I am not even joking, and neither was she... It makes it look like its wet almost, truly a great product. They say it seals the paint for up to a year or something, I mean, maybe...? I have only used it a few times, but my dad uses it like wax. Every other time he cleans his car he jet seals it. Stuff really is amazing. Not cheap tho, definitely pretty expensive normally. I think they make a short lasting sealant that is very similar and costs less as well, I am blanking on the name tho.

I have only used this on one panel of my car as I ran out of time last time I was at home, but he used it on his old (before he got the '15) '12 mustang what had some swirls going on (as do I :banghead: ) he said it helped, but wasn't as much as he would have liked. We also didn't use a machine, just by hand. We have a machine, so next time I am home and have time I will be trying that on my car. It is their Gloassworkz Glaze.

He also has their Black Light which I have never had time to use, and not even sure he has either... lol I plan to use some at some point, I am sure it works well!

I have used their V.R.P. a few times, its all he uses, but I have some left over MOC products that he basically gave me once he switched to chemical guys which has proved to really shine up my plastidip (I assume this would as well, have not tried) so I have just been using my MOC stuff on my tires and plastidipped rims with GREAT success. He uses the VRP and I know he really likes it, I actually like the look VRP gives more, but I feel bas stealing SO much of his product, so I will use up my MOC stuff first.

Lastly, I think, I hope I am not missing any... their Honeydew foam or bucket wash. Once again, holy water in a spray gun, or bucket if you don't have a pressure washer. Stuff is GREAT. Before we had the pressure washer we just used the Costco DI water thing and a bucket with this stuff, worked great. It cleans the car up very well, and gives it a nice shine afterwords. Smells pretty good too ;) But once we got the pressure washer, man life changed. Use less water (being in Cali... we have no water, so less is good!), but we run the DI water in series with the pressure washer and its really nice. My dad wasn't thrilled with the chemcical guys foamer that came with the honeydew kit, so he got some expensive Italian one, but I didn't have any issue with the chemical guys one. My dad is just eccentric. Actually, I am looking for the original foamer we had, I don't see it anymore, only this new one we have, guess other's where not fans either...

The Costco DI water system, its not bad, just not HUGE amount of flow. But enough. My dad has two of them now and is going to make a custom cart to mount them together with the pressure washer pump right there as well, will be pretty trick! We have already gone through the first round of media and have refilled it once, and almost have to a second time. Not sure where you get new media from though, I think directly from the manufacturer of the system.

The pressure washer we use, its perfect, it has less GPM than the DI water cleaner, so even on full blast it shouldn't result in pulling none filtered water through, although we have seen this not to be 100% true, thus why my dad is doing the double DI system just to be sure. But if you don't go full crazy with the pressure washer the DI system will keep up, and it works great with the foamer.

The microfiber cloths we use most are also Kirkland Costco brand ones. They are not bad, and cheap enough. We have a LOT of the super special chemcial guys ones as well with like no borders or tags, but they are stupid expensive, like 15-20 bucks per maybe? He only uses those on the Audi, and pretty sure only uses them once on the Audi, then they get retired to the mustang. Like I said.... anal and eccentric. I am pretty confident at this point now matter how careful you are, if you use a rag of any sort on a car, it will swirl. But he is trying his best to make sure the Audi has the best possible chance not to swirl, plus German paint is probably a lot more robust than our paint, so here's to hoping.

If you end up using a bucket, get one of these! Great little idea someone had. Makes it so your rags don't sink to the bottom and get dirt on them.

O, and the Hair Dryer.

For interior cleaning, I have not used any Chem Guys stuff, I have my old Grantized stuff still and it works fine, but the one thing that is very nice, their Vacuum. Man, this thing is industrial, and surprisingly quiet! It is great tho, definitely a worth while buy. It is like once pass done, no need to go back over an area twice, and has handy attachments.

We have some other products as well that I know he uses on rims, like the Diablo gel among others, I just have never used them and don't know the results, although all the Chemical Guys stuff is great, so I am sure none of it will leave you feeling unahppy.

Hope this was helpful, maybe I should make a car cleaning thread huh... lol

8f8bcea4a344b4435cfa9ae2ef65eb0a.jpg

• Like 4

Good god LIGI. Looking at all that stuff, I should just point my computer monitor at my car and VOILA!! Clean!

• Like 2

I'm extremely curious about trying the black light stuff.  A lot of folks seem to be over the moon about it.

• Like 1

Ours cars are rarely dirty. Lol. Last time I went down to SD to visit my buddy for Autox he wrote in our group text better clean your car before I get down there, or yours cars will look like crap next to his. Haha. And then he preceded to clean his car.

To hell with the cleaning cocktails, you gonna tell us about that R8 or what?

Its not as slow as 2011fastford  :trololol-1:

• Like 1

Hey guys! 

So my schedule is finally starting to lighten up.  The past two weekends I've been writing papers, PowerPoints, a report, studying for tests, a take home final, and reading chapters.  I literally read 172 pages (7 chapters) in one weekend...  Still have two finals to go but I am ready to be done.  Oh, and I work 45 hrs a week.  haha

Meanwhile, with my newfound free time, I've been thinking about starting to buy cleaning supplies from Chemical Guys. 

So far I want their diablo tire gel and a few different glazes.  And another bucket with a few interior/tire cleaning tools. 

I'm also gonna buy a palm buffer on Amazon to use with my Klass polish. 

Anyone ever use any of their stuff?  I really want a pressure washer to use with their foam cannon, but I'm gonna wait on that.

I probably should have put this in the Exterior thread, but the Girl's Garage needs more content lol.

Hi!  Welcome to the forum!  Come introduce yourse-...!  oh wait..........

:trololol-1:

• Like 3

Welcome back to our little slice of heaven! I'm the last guy to be giving detailing advice so I'm just gonna say hi. :bye:

Haha, thanks!  It's good to be back - somewhat.  I'll try to stick around longer this time. 

Hi!  Welcome to the forum!  Come introduce yourse-...!  oh wait..........

:trololol-1:

:trololol-1:  I know, I know... Shame on me. lol 

Its not as slow as 2011fastford  :trololol-1:

Holy crap, nice write up!  I am looking at every single thing you linked.  I am really excited to start buying this stuff.  And yeah, I get my microfiber towels from O'Reilly's.  Not the cheapy ones. Thank you so much for your thorough and detailed walk-through!  

• Like 1

Ours cars are rarely dirty. Lol. Last time I went down to SD to visit my buddy for Autox he wrote in our group text better clean your car before I get down there, or yours cars will look like crap next to his. Haha. And then he preceded to clean his car.

So, I do have one question.  I'm curious how you do your layers.

Do you use a sealer, wax, then a polish?  And I'm not even sure where a glaze goes in all of that... I want to try that Jetseal that you mentioned lol. But I want to make sure it's protected with some wax too.  I think a sealer just coats the paint, then you put a protective layer of wax on it, then polish.  

No problem. I hope it's helpful. We like clean cars ;)

Soooo. Think white convertible which red top. It looks about like that. Only option it's missing is the illuminated door things. Why it's missing that I have no clue. We didn't order it, we just got a smoking deal on it so we took it how it was. O, also missing carbon brakes, but who cares. We don't track it so dgaf

I've extensively driven a 6MT Gallardo but i've never been in an R8. Do they really feel the same or is that just typical internet bullshit?

I have never drive a gallardo. Also. Ours is auto :(. Lambo s tronic is craptastic. Which suck really bad. Couldn't get a stick because no lie, we have less than an inch on both sides when we back it into the back are. I have no idea how my dad does it. So because of that. He didn't want to deal with a clutch pedal so we got an auto. But after the exhaust we don't have as much of a stupid hickup between shifts as stock. If you have driven a lambo with s tronic. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

I have never drive a gallardo. Also. Ours is auto :(. Lambo s tronic is craptastic. Which suck really bad. Couldn't get a stick because no lie, we have less than an inch on both sides when we back it into the back are. I have no idea how my dad does it. So because of that. He didn't want to deal with a clutch pedal so we got an auto. But after the exhaust we don't have as much of a stupid hickup between shifts as stock. If you have driven a lambo with s tronic. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

I've driven a Murcielago with an "auto" and I really liked the transmission... With that said i've never left them in auto, always used paddles.

The gearbox in the F430 is a much better one that the Gallardo's for sure, but it bucks a LOT in traffic.

Dude. No. Your wrong. S tronic is shit. It ALWAYS stutters between gears. It's horrible. But once we got our exhaust that seemed to go away. I assume because the stock exhaust has that stupid valve controlled crap. Our Armytrix we leave open, so it never changes back pressure. Either way. It's fast enough to make a text while WOT takes so much longer than usual. Brain can't comprehend the acceleration.

Also, go drive a hurricane. AMAZING. Makes our car look like a cyclone.

Also, sadly, aventador=shit. Swear. The a pillar is in the WORST place ever. Look at my lambo track day thread. A pillar is right where the apexes are. It's horrible. And it's heavy. You feel the weight. Where in the huracan. Yea, it feels like it weights 1000lbs. That car is the tits

she's alive!!!!!!!! whats up Jackie??? you dont FFM or Instagram anymore... was starting to think that you traded your BF for his camaro and you were so ashamed you became a hermit.

Hahahaha. Don't worry. Only fastford would rink you traded in for a camaro. People with fast cars would never consider such a thing.

As they say, Ford's are for pulling loads, chevy's are for swallowing them- more applicable to trucks but meh.

• Like 2