Sign in to follow this  
2011fastford

2011 Mustang V6 Twin Tubo For Sale!

I really don't get all these folks who dump tons of money into building a car (regardless of if its a 3.7, 5.0, etc), then turn around and sell it.

Personally I think he's way over priced. If it's not running right... ~$12k.  Looking through the build list, it's making good torque but that hp # is lower than a lot of the single turbo or procharged cars out there.

I read his build thread, it was very nicely done. I would hardly worry about numbers, you have no idea what dyno was used. I believe he has been driving around with this setup for quite a while. And not for nothing 388 hp and 450 tq, is nothing to sneeze at. That's a lot of tq.

I believe he was getting rid of his turbo set up at first some months ago; the reason he gave was he wanted to go another route with the car. I'm kinda surprised he's selling the car. If the car is indeed not running right, what he's asking for is pretty steep.

It was a suggestion that the car isnt running right.. mainly because who finishes a project that cost that much and then up and tries to sell makes no sense to me.. my first thought is something is wrong.

Yeah, I know you meant it as a suggestion, but I would also be skeptical on how it's running. If its running good though, its a good deal for whoever buys it, imo. And I agree doesn't make sense to me either, but hey he if wants to sell after doing a cool project that's all up to him.

Yeah, I know you meant it as a suggestion, but I would also be skeptical on how it's running. If its running good though, its a good deal for whoever buys it, imo. And I agree doesn't make sense to me either, but hey he if wants to sell after doing a cool project that's all up to him.

I don't really think it's a good deal at all. Maybe if it was a premium loaded car with a twin turbo setup, but 22k for an absolute base car... no way.  I think realistically it's a 16-17k car if it's running right.

• Like 1

I love when people justify inflated prices by saying "I have over $xx invested".  More like you have SPENT over $xx, investments have a return.  Mods have no return therefore are not investments.  It's a sunk cost whether you spent $25 or $25000.

Then again I'm just not  fan of buying other people's projects.

• Like 1

What it comes down to is its only worth the current book value. And with that said it can be damn tough to get that for any highly model car.

I don't really think it's a good deal at all. Maybe if it was a premium loaded car with a twin turbo setup, but 22k for an absolute base car... no way.  I think realistically it's a 16-17k car if it's running right.

Whoops I overlooked that. Nevaminda what I said   :nomention:

Yea, my dads buddy picked up a like 08 GT with nos out the ass, bully built block, turboed, like 8k watt sound system. It was a show car. He got it for like 25k. He never drove it, he just got it for the lolz. Dude has money tho so it didn't really matter. Was just funny to have. Scissor doors, the works. No one actually wants crap like that, just one more example of how it's hard to sell moded stuff. The guy who bought it also has an Eleanor, which he does drive. Big mustang guy.

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, my dads buddy picked up a like 08 GT with nos out the ass, bully built block, turboed, like 8k watt sound system. It was a show car. He got it for like 25k. He never drove it, he just got it for the lolz. Dude has money tho so it didn't really matter. Was just funny to have. Scissor doors, the works. No one actually wants crap like that, just one more example of how it's hard to sell moded stuff. The guy who bought it also has an Eleanor, which he does drive. Big mustang guy.

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

so you're saying i should cancel my order for the lambo doors?

• Like 1

Yes, be original... get suicide doors!

Yes, get Koenigsegg doors!