z28th1s

How much does your 3.7 Mustang weigh?

How much does your 3.7 Mustang weigh?

I have a 2011 'Base' M6 car and with my current mods weighs this with the Race Star big and little combo on it.

Weight of car with a 1/4 tank of gas:  3,285 pounds

Race weight (with me in the car):  3,525

I'm interested in knowing how much mine weighs. I have a premium. I'm pretty sure it's heavier than stock since I have 19s and the GT front brakes. I don't think the DS and lighter exhaust offsets enough of those additions.

I'm 210. I need to get to the recycling yard scale to see in race trim which won't be too much. Trunk stuff, 1/4 tank, rear street tires though. I won't go through there with the expensive stuff. It would be my luck to get a flat.

I still want to know, a year later, what a premium weighs.

That's consistent with mine.  I have Race Stars shod with bias plies also.  I'm 3450 to 3470 across the scales with ~4 gallons fuel, and I probably weighed 155-160 with shoes on.   Within 10 lbs of z28th1s.

That's consistent with mine.  I have Race Stars shod with bias plies also.  I'm 3450 to 3470 across the scales with ~4 gallons fuel, and I probably weighed 155-160 with shoes on.   Within 10 lbs of z28th1s.

That is really close R.B.

I need to lose some weight!

Join the club!!  If I weighed 135 pounds like smokinstanley I already would have a 12.50 something timeslip!!

3540 with a full tank of gas, the 45lb stock mufflers on and a 180lb drive

Is it a base or premium. I can't find anyone with a premium who's found out the weight yet. Plus mine's a '13 and they may be a few lb difference as well.

Is it a base or premium. I can't find anyone with a premium who's found out the weight yet. Plus mine's a '13 and they may be a few lb difference as well.

Its a base model

3540 with a full tank of gas, the 45lb stock mufflers on and a 180lb drive

That puts your car at 3,360 pounds with a full tank of gas.  That is pretty light.  Have you done any mods that take weight out of your car (aluminum driveshaft, etc.)?

My cars a female, she won't discuss it, certain weeks of the month she won't even let me inside her, bitch...

Just to make you guys ill our shop race car (5.0 Fox Coupe, turbo charged weighs 2310lbs.

• Like 1

My cars a female, she won't discuss it, certain weeks of the month she won't even let me inside her, bitch...

Just to make you guys ill our shop race car (5.0 Fox Coupe, turbo charged weighs 2310lbs.

HaHa!!

2,300 pounds would be totally awesome!!  Mid 11's in a NA 3.7!!

Is it even possible to shave that much weight off?

Has me thinking, I have read bout 5.0 swaps for fox bodies, but how would a 3.7 do especially since it's a little lighter than the v8?

Is it even possible to shave that much weight off?

Has me thinking, I have read bout 5.0 swaps for fox bodies, but how would a 3.7 do especially since it's a little lighter than the v8?

Yeah, my son and I was talking a while back about it would be cool to put a full bolt-on 3.7 in a 'stripped out' Foxbody coupe with quiet exhaust and stock 10 hole wheels.  It would be quite the 'sleeper' and would definitely surprise some people.  One of my old Fox coupes weighed 2,580 pounds with a 306/C4 setup.  It had full interior and with a 150 shot ran a best of 10.57 @ 127 MPH in the 1/4 mile.

We have gotten coupes down in the 2100 lb range, our current set up has stk front brakes and a cast iron Top Loader 4 speed! The 3.7 would drop it a few lbs lower, our car should be low 9's pretty easy, once the 5.0 dies we'll step up the turbo and install an aluminum LS with a glide and have an 8.50 car. The 3.7 fox conversion was done already, white HB not sure how it came out but it has been done.

post-369-0-25195300-1375832364_thumb.jpg

We have gotten coupes down in the 2100 lb range, our current set up has stk front brakes and a cast iron Top Loader 4 speed! The 3.7 would drop it a few lbs lower, our car should be low 9's pretty easy, once the 5.0 dies we'll step up the turbo and install an aluminum LS with a glide and have an 8.50 car. The 3.7 fox conversion was done already, white HB not sure how it came out but it has been done.

Do you have any links or info on the 3.7 Fox conversion you are talking about?  I would like to check it out.

Haha my car still weighs 3500 pds its really ggna be set u guys crazzy if i get some different wheels but dnt worry prob wnt be no time soon til im dethroned or som1 lets me use a set im just not ready to fork the money out (not yet haha)

Haha my car still weighs 3500 pds its really ggna be set u guys crazzy if i get some different wheels but dnt worry prob wnt be no time soon til im dethroned or som1 lets me use a set im just not ready to fork the money out (not yet haha)

Welcome there Joe! I got my tune...runs much stronger off the bat than the other guy's tune I was running. Definitely launches harder. I asked him if he wanted me to datalog anything. Have just a couple of small shift issues like it's shifting a little soft and slow, and 2nd gear hung on too long...looked like almost 8k before it shifted.

Did you do any datalogging for him?

Welcome to the forum Joe!!