Sign in to follow this  
Tom Y

2015 3.7L V6 Custom Procharger System

We've been working on a custom ProCharger system for the 2015 3.7L V6. Its been quite a learning curve dealing with the new/old speed density EFI system with its MAP sensor. We intended to convert it over to a 2-BAR MAP but that just didn't work at all. We tried many MAPS from 3.5 and 2.3 EcoBoosts, several year models, etc but none were compatible with the intake air charge temp PID of the 2015 3.7, we couldn't even get any transfer functions to work. So, we've moved on and will now turn our tuning attention to tuning the supercharged system using the stock 1-BAR MAP in hopes that the PCM has a work around for any potential run-safe mode when manifold pressure exceeds 0" vacuum. The supercharger is a P-1SC-1 pullied for 12PSI. We're running Deatschwerks #65 injectors, VMP fuel pump amp, JMSPedalMax, ported upper and lower intake manifolds, PCV deleted, aluminum one-piece driveshaft, stock exhaust system with the exception of BBK shorty headers, 3.15 gears. Using one-range colder plugs, 93 Octane. We'll test and tune the Zex wet system after the Procharger is tuned and track tested.

post-1279-0-56078000-1429317043_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

this motivates me to spray my car again!!! maybe a 50shot, i've probably going to build my own kit this time around though

I can see it now... hits boost... hits spray.... stock motor goes....

screen-shot-2014-10-28-at-3-54-40-pm.png

• Like 1

I can see it now... hits boost... hits spray.... stock motor goes....

screen-shot-2014-10-28-at-3-54-40-pm.png

It's only a V6 so little boom. :sarcastic:

BangGun2.jpg

• Like 2

na clamphier was beating gtr's spaying over 100shot on his with the stock motor

i'm thinking a 50shot will do... i just wanna hit 500rwhp

• Like 1

Good luck moving forward. we all anxiously await the results

i dont see any reason why this car wouldnt be making 500+rwhp

Because at your altitude 500+ rwhp means POP GOES THE CYCLONE ;$

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, need to update this post. We've been making good progress recently on the tuning. We've done a lot of drivability work with the new speed density system using the stock 1 BAR MAP. The car runs great with stock like drivability, starting, fuel efficiency, deceleration, etc. We're tuning right now for WOT using a SuperFlow chassis dyno. Its a load bearing dyno but I believe its slightly optimistic. Anyway, we've been struggling with all sorts of speed and Rev limiters, hopefully the last one is the one in 4th gear with Advance Trac disabled that's been shutting the engine down at about 6000 RPM and 133 MPH. Anyway, dyno chart is attached showing power and torque curves up to about 6000 RPM. Our next dyno test tomorrow we should see RPMs go past 6000. This is at 12PSI through a Circle-D 3600 stall converter and the stock 3.15 gears. More info to follow.

post-1279-0-35368200-1443557948_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I know you said the dyno was optimistic but it looks well on its way to 500rwhp+ at 7k if you guys spin it that high. If so, thats pretty crazy - would that mean our MAF is actually a restriction?

• Like 1

We wanted to run the car today at Mustang Day but the weather wasn't cooperating. We still have a 4th gear speed limiter at 133MPH which limits RPM in 4th to 6000. Our last pull on the SuperFlow chassis dyno was slightly higher, and shows great repeatability in the tune. 483 RWHP @ 6000, 423 RWTQ at 5750 RPM. We're not going to stand on the tune any harder, we're plenty rich with moderate timing and limited spark advance. We see 10-12 PSI max on the dyno.

post-1279-0-14103300-1443895279_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I don't usually see a graph where torque keeps rising with horsepower, that's different. Also, is this a waste gated Set up? I haven't seen any other pro charged 3.7 make over 400 rwtq by 4000 RPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't usually see a graph where torque keeps rising with horsepower, that's different. Also, is this a waste gated Set up? I haven't seen any other pro charged 3.7 make over 400 rwtq by 4000 RPM.

Torque is the numbers on the right side of the graph, so it is hitting 400 around 5,400 rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you see the nitrous kit lol

Well, those are truly impressive numbers. That tq curve should make that one hell of a daily driver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk