JMPJack

Twin Turbo 2013 Cyclone Shooting For The Stars!

Hey everyone,

Many of you probably already know me but I want to share my build on this forum also.  There's a long story behind my build and it's evolved into something I never imagined it would but I couldn't be more excited about it.  The goal for the build is to break every record to have ever exsisted when it comes to v6 mustangs with a power goal of 16-1800whp.  All of the work has been/ is being done by me!  To begin, I'll start with the current and soon to be mod list:

Engine:

Custom sleeved 3.7 block via LA Sleeves

Manley 9:1 Pistons

Manley Custom Billet Aluminum Rods

Manley Forged Crank

ARP 1/2" Head Studs

ARP Main Studs

Custom Ported and Polished Cylinder Heads

Custom Cams and Valvetrain courtesy of Super Six Motorsports

Cometic Head Gaskets

JMP Aluminum Intake Manifold using a BBK 90mm Throttle Body

Transmission:

Coan Stage 6 Maxx Power Powerglide Transmission

JMP Adapter/Mid Plate

ProTorque Custom Torque Converter

Custom 1-Piece Driveshaft

Turbo System:

JMP 321 Stainless Tubular Turbo Manifolds

Twin Precision Billet 6766 Turbos

Tial MVR Wastegates

3" Downpipes to 3" Dual Exhaust

JMP Water to Air Intercooler System

EMS/Fuel System:

Pro-EFI 128 Stand Alone Engine Management System courtesy of D3 Performance Engineering

Motec Digital Dash

Custom Engine Wiring Harness courtesy of Wild Wire Customs

JMP Return Fuel System

Aeromotive Belt Drive Fuel Pump and Regulator

Tuning will be done by the great Chris Delgado of D3 Performance Engineering

Fuel used will be E98

Chassis/Suspension:

S&W Weld-In 10-point Roll Cage

Ford Performance Struts/shocks

UPR Pro Series Stage 3 Rear Suspension Package

J&M Caster/Camber Plates

Originally I built a twin turbo kit on the stock motor and tuning problems lead to the engine popping.  Then I built the motor with rods and pistons and a single 76mm setup that I actually just took off to build this current setup.  Here's some pics:

The original Twin Turbo Setup

post-1330-0-28806900-1428205013_thumb.jpg

The Single 76mm Setup

post-1330-0-45626600-1428205061_thumb.jpg

The new setup in the works

post-1330-0-22776300-1428205109_thumb.jpg

post-1330-0-17370600-1428205110_thumb.jpg

post-1330-0-86445600-1428205110_thumb.jpg

post-1330-0-07067100-1428205112_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Well. The question is. Is it fast?

Lol. Seriously nice looking build!

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally I built a twin turbo kit on the stock motor and tuning problems lead to the engine popping

Im far from an expert, but I dont think the tune was your problem - more like you overwhelmed the OEM internals.

Wow,,and here I thought you gave up on the 3.7. This is gonna be fun. Good luck.

Yes there are support brackets on the manifolds now. They are 321ss so they are pretty stout already but better safe than sorry.

As for spooling the turbos, that wont be an issue thanks to anti-lag tuning via the pro-efi ;-)

• Like 1

Yes there are support brackets on the manifolds now. They are 321ss so they are pretty stout already but better safe than sorry.

As for spooling the turbos, that wont be an issue thanks to anti-lag tuning via the pro-efi ;-)

Anti-lag similar to the WRC teams? Those guys have some trick rocket-looking things in the exhaust designed to instantly spool big turbos.

• Like 1

Anti-lag via tuning, basically adding fuel and retarding timing to make combustion occur inside the manifolds keeping the exhaust pressure at a maximum.

• Like 1

Anti-lag via tuning, basically adding fuel and retarding timing to make combustion occur inside the manifolds keeping the exhaust pressure at a maximum.

isnt that how it would normally be tuned anyway?

That looks awesome. Those twins looks huge just the way I like em lol. I can't wait to see some numbers from this thing when it's all said and done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I suppose I did describe basic F/I tuning lol. To be more specific, so much fuel is added that their is raw fuel in the turbo manifolds and the timing is retarded to such an extent that its combusting inside the turbo. When you see drag cars bouncing off the 2-step and flame throwing out

• Like 2

Well I suppose I did describe basic F/I tuning lol. To be more specific, so much fuel is added that there is raw fuel in the turbo manifolds and the timing is retarded to such an extent that its combusting inside the turbo. When you see drag cars bouncing off the 2-step and flame throwing out the exhaust, this is what's happening.

So is this gonna be a strip only kind of ride or will you be able to run a tune for the street?