Unclenard

2012-2014 Mustang 6R80 Trans brake

Under what circumstances?  Driving on the street and hit the throttle, it downshifts, spins the tires and bogs?  I'm not sure what you mean?  It never bogs.

Yes have you ever ran your scar spun through first gear the car shifts to second and when it hooks it downshifts back to first because it was in drive

Yes have you ever ran your scar spun through first gear the car shifts to second and when it hooks it downshifts back to first because it was in drive

Nope

This is why you are slow. Your car doesn't know what it wants to do lol.

Also, that sounds not so great for the transmission... Sudden drop back into first at probably close to redline?

This is why you are slow. Your car doesn't know what it wants to do lol.

Also, that sounds not so great for the transmission... Sudden drop back into first at probably close to redline?

i dont leave my car in drive at the track.. but like if im on the street and am in drive and i punch is the car will spin through first and shift to 2nd thinking it's going 40mph but when it does get traction it will down shift back to first because i'm still at wide open throttle... i have a video of the car doing it and i will post it

• Like 1

i'm hoping i'll be able too hook my t brake up tomorrow... limited on time... probably gonna have to take a sick day from work too... i have to finish the converter install so i can get tuned friday

• Like 2

hahha it will be a  crime if i dont get this converter in... it's been sitting in my garage for a good 6 months already

hahha it will be a  crime if i dont get this converter in... it's been sitting in my garage for a good 6 months already

So what you're saying is, it's probably a scorpion nest now?

So what you're saying is, it's probably a scorpion nest now?

Oh yay, nightmares.

i'm hoping i'll be able too hook my t brake up tomorrow... limited on time... probably gonna have to take a sick day from work too... i have to finish the converter install so i can get tuned friday

Resurrecting this thread - did you ever get this transbrake set up and working? I'm thinking that I need to do this to bring my 60' down and get my turbo into the 11's. Got a race weekend coming up in May and need to beat a friend with a turbo 2007 4.0.

Resurrecting this thread - did you ever get this transbrake set up and working? I'm thinking that I need to do this to bring my 60' down and get my turbo into the 11's. Got a race weekend coming up in May and need to beat a friend with a turbo 2007 4.0.

No I haven't.  I think I've seen you on the Facebook Cyclone group right?  If so then ping "Terry N Amanda", they were supposed to get me what they had done but we both have been too busy.  And then if you can get the info from them and pass it along that would be even better!

Thanks, I will try them. I am also considering the JMS one, but this is less expensive.

I'm not going to do the trans brake. Had to take the car in yesterday because it was blowing oil out the driver side valve cover. For some reason the oil pressure is running high and giving blow by.

So I give up on the turbo. Setting the car back to stock.

I'm not going to do the trans brake. Had to take the car in yesterday because it was blowing oil out the driver side valve cover. For some reason the oil pressure is running high and giving blow by.

That sucks.  I have an oil leak that I need to figure out too.  I suspect it might be a valve cover.  It was leaving a small puddle on the garage floor toward the back of the engine and I was convienced it was the rear main seal so I had my mechanic replace the rear main seal.  After getting the trans out to do it he said the main seal was fine but did see oil on the back of the engine.  He stuck his finger in the the drain hole at the back of the valley of the engine and said oil was in the valley and was running out the drain hole in the back.  I still have to take my aluminum intake off to swap back to the ported factory one and then I'll be able to see in the valley why it might be doing that.

• Like 2

;(

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's true. I thought everything was set finally and the car was running great. No idea why it is suddenly pressuring the crankcase.