Sign in to follow this  
Unclenard

Supercharged Cyclone with 587 RWHP

This was just posted on the Cyclone Mustang Facebook page by Pj Weenerdorf.  I suggested he come here and discuss this more, hopefully he will.

Ok here's the basic info on the build below all of this i'll go into more detail
Car is a 3.7 Manual 2012 with a D1SC and a built motor top end included appears very stock besides for the fuel system and the D1 The car made 587 RWHP on pump on a 3.5 Inch pulley and just today was swapped to a 3.2 pulley and race gas (I do not want to do meth injection) it is being tuned as i type this 
here's some specs
---top end
Polished ported head, intake made to match by me
Billet cams 220 220 .368 .368 
Valve Springs from Supersix
Custom valves by B&B machining NJ
---bottom end
MMR crank 
CP rods
CP pistons .010 Overbore
block is SLEEVED by B&B 
Custom Timing chain tensionizer by Krazy House Customs 
Cam plate by Krazy House Customs
Larger Oil pickup by KHC
Larger oil pan by KHC
--Full Borla Exhaust Ataks out the rear
--Custom 1500 LPH fore fuel system
--some shitty spec clutch
Aluminum DS
Ford racing complete rear end
20x10 rear AMR wheels 20x9 Front

• Like 5

Wow, that's impressive!

I wonder if he is using the 3.5 cams as a starting point.

That is one of the first 'built' 3.7 engines to seem to actually get finished, get running and get tested!  Will be intereted in hearing more about it!

• Like 4

That is one of the first 'built' 3.7engines to seem to actually get finished, get running and get tested! Will be intereted in hearing more about it!

Exactly great to see some results.

Would love to see more.

Sent from my toilet

• Like 1

That is one of the first 'built' 3.7engines to seem to actually get finished, get running and get tested!  Will be intereted in hearing more about it!

other then the mystical creature known as killer6 who posted a dyno video claiming like 700+whp but didnt have the graph, other then that he's been pretty quiet.

he did send me a graph of a 500+rwhp pull i will post when i get a chance

Oh,,,, that guy. I thought for a second that a bucket load of tq was found with a procharger. What a let down

Haven't seen the guy pop up on the Facebook page any since then. Seemed to come out of nowhere on that post and mention his car and details then disappeared. 

everything went to shit, should of gone turbo i made a huge mistake in not going turbo my compression was to low {8.5} and now im just trying to get out of it should of gone turbo turbo turbo turbo

however  one person will be able to buy the built motor when it is finished if your a turbo car you'll be the fastest when its complete just needs a new headgasket,proper cam allignment  and new pistons to replace the low comp ones which i am doing of course , also to make that power i tightened the belt so much that it would only last 1-2 pulls before snapping and an 8 rib would just NOT fit

mainly the pulley not being able to go to an 8 rib (not fitting) and i went with too low of a piston for the supercharger if i went turbo i would have finished at this point im just bailing out of the car the motor is truly built though lots of one off parts with ALOT of time and money into it when i fix that i'll sell it as for now i am selling stuff of the car as it comes off and returning it to stock

mainly the pulley not being able to go to an 8 rib (not fitting) and i went with too low of a piston for the supercharger if i went turbo i would have finished at this point im just bailing out of the car the motor is truly built though lots of one off parts with ALOT of time and money into it when i fix that i'll sell it as for now i am selling stuff of the car as it comes off and returning it to stock

Well make sure you make a for sale thread on here. Sorry to hear that she didn't live that long. Sucks being the pioneer on an engine.

And as for going turbo, with the numbers that have been posted lately and the Bomber Performance kit comming to life it seems to be the true way to go.

There is a 25 post minimum on the classified sections.  Are you going to do anything with the Mustang still or going to return it to stock and sell it?