Bananana

Project Banananana

They are the equiv to the streets series, same build and design just custom lengths. These are the universal streets version thats all.

Ah okay, cool. A little louder than stock then? Any drone issues?

Yeah I would say its like going from stock 3.7 mufflers to borla tourings. To give you an idea of the sound lvl then dial it up another 25% due to the x pipe resonator delete.

Also drone, nope nothing like I was expecting, only exhaust note is under load, nothing at all on the highway 1500-2k rpm like I was expecting nice and quiet with a little exhaust note, very nice.

Tone has gotten deeper over the past two days of driving and the volume has increased a hair more which was expected with settling.  It's mad fun on the highway passing people and being heard doin it =)

• Like 1

The stock exhaust club might be more exclusive. Except that may actually be true.

Glad your liking em!

Yeah I am digging it alot, very nice.  The new cabin is probably 30% quieter than the S197 easily I cannot even imagine you can hear the 3.7 running in one of these.  =)

I want some warm weather now so I can wash and seal and wax her and get some gallery pics up.

• Like 1

How stiff is it now?

Not really stiff at all its very close to the stock ride feel, you can feel a little more road than before but its nothing dramatic, acceleration squat is reduced a bit, handling overall is improved.  There was not a lot of body roll before so I am not noting any more/less than before. 

Getting in the car is actually easier than before, before the car was at a lower position than the last model but the seats feel at the same height so it was not like you were getting into the car like sitting down in a chair it was more like sliding into the chair from the side and you had to mind the roof as you got in, now its fluid like it should be you bend and sit down at a rate the feels more natural.  Getting out of the car is about the same, its not too low that its more work, its about right.

I like em.  We did not use the rear bump stops provided by Eibach they were terribly hard going over the shocks center rod, and we did not want to drill out the bump stop to make it easier I read on line that they squeaked so I stayed with stock in the rear, but we did the fronts as they fit no problems.

Wheels look like they fill the wells very nicely now and the front and rear are more level than stock now.  (rear kind of sits a hair lower or looks it anyway.)  Now its nicer.

That's how Popeye rolls when he spends weeks at a time on the water.

It's not gay if it's underway!
  • Like 1

The car has gotten a little lower over the past day which was expected to settle, its weird now driving next to other cars and actually having my doors be lower than theirs, I am always so used to feeling like I sit higher than I do.  Now even when standing outside the car it seems to be so much lower to the ground (obviously it is) but lower than I am used to for any mustang.  The fenders instead of being at my waist are now mid thigh, just weird hehe.  I have yet to pop open the hood to see how far I have to bend now =)  

With that said yet ground clearances is still acceptable.  The side rockers give the illusion now thats its nearly on the ground till you peer under them.  She's a sexy bitch now! :)

One more thing, I normally like to sit close to the wheel, I am 6' tall and I like to have more control and be more upright than you would expect, but now with the telescoping wheel I drive in a more laid back position which is nice for once, I still have tons of visibility too.  Car is more level now.  Also noticed today not nearly as much wheel hop as I had to rip out onto memorial drive today in Cambridge which is a nightmare with all these snow banks.

• Like 1

The Pro kit

Nope wheel gap was good but the rear sits a hair lower than the front giving it a slightly off level look like the front is light. Now its more lvl and nearly no wheel gap. Looks mean as hell.