Bananana

Project Banananana

John has had access to files in the Spanish Oak programs that no knew else did. He could upgrade the ECU to the latest stategies. Something that almost no one outside of Ford could do. His knowledge is without reproach, but having a product of his own, well I would say the other product is lacking as well. He has had long ties to SCT and they are deep. He may have had a falling out.

Or he sees an opportunity to make more money with his own tuner device just like his own turbo kit for Coyotes that he has been working on.

Or he sees an opportunity to make more money with his own tuner device just like his own turbo kit for Coyotes that he has been working on.

I remember him telling me about that kit when he sold his 2011 3.7 and bought a 5.0. That kit has been in the works since early 2012.

I am not shitting on Lund, I have never used his tunes, but I have only heard good things about them, not unlike MPT etc.  I am just not seeing any other complaints from any tuners that they are not able to do what they should.  That being said we will have to see where things fall.

I was planning on doing my lower springs and a resonator delete this week, I already have the SW exhaust and I ordered the Ford racing X pipe with my Eibach springs as well I am thinking of returning the SW setup and getting just the Ford Racing sport axle backs.  (this is the frugal side of me) I figured I originally wanted the Ford Racing sports with the black tips, but not for $1300+ then I ordered the SW stuff but it may be louder than I really want, although awesome sounding.  I however am not finding the Ford Racing sport axle backs in black tips anywhere which is odd.   since we have a blizzard heading this way Monday - Wednesday I am putting off doing the work till next week.

I am looking at those Niche Milans the 20X10 which the 265 Pzeros should fit no problem for the summer, I really wanted those Niche Agiles with the bronze/smoked painted middles but those are way out of my price range.  =) 

Since I compromised on taking delivery of the track pack model i ordered for this premium model I opted to order some suspension parts to make up the difference, and short of the Brembo brakes it may have been a better deal this way.  I am thinking of ordering the Eibach swaybars, and Steeda strut tower and k member brace, they are pretty reasonably priced.  The current brakes are 4 piston and they are rather large compared to last years GT, I am wondering other than the larger front rotor if the Brembos are even that much more of an upgrade, I am totally happy with the current brakes.

• Like 1

All I can add about the brembos, is holy crap. It's not even remotely the same pedal feel as my stock pissy v6 package. They bite hard, pedal is amazing, and you probably know all that. Lol. I'm sure the standard 4 Pistons are great too.

And the sport axle backs. Man they sound good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah there are so many good and different sounding exhaust for the 5.0.. I like sw, roush, MF competition, Frpp I like em all.

The continental DWS tires rock I drove home at the tail end of the blizzard doing 50 without feeling like I was going to die. No problem driving in 4" of standing snow etc in snow/wet mode.

This car is way more than the s197s in quality, fit and finish, no rattles creaks etc. If anything the cabin may be too insulated :) but I would not trade back at all. Ford has gone in the right direction with these.

I (pre) ordered  steeda strut tower brace, kmember, and sway bars today to go with the springs.

• Like 1

All I can say is my dad isn't too happy with the Pzero's. He said he was driving a little spiritedly, nothing too much, and took a turn and felt like the front tires where going to unbead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say right now these DWS actually are way more grippy than those PZeros, I assume @ 80 degrees dry would be interesting to see how they compare but I can confidently pull hard from a stop with these and hold the rear in check, the Pzeros would just scream like little school girls.  I am debating getting those Niche rims and using those stock tires on em at this point.  May still go with my goto NT555s for them.

• Like 1

I loved the dws's on my last car.  Even though I only put about 3k on them before trading the car in for the Mustang. I want the A/S 3's but then winter reminds me maybe the DWS's might be where I want to be.  The biggest fault with the DWS is it's wet & snow performance comes at the cost of absolute grip in the dry.

Mod #2 check.... windows tinted.

a0801bb53627266042b3a71b31820360.jpg

Btw tint guy said our back window, easily the hardest to tint that he has ever done, even worse than the vette.

• Like 2

Mod #3 check... strut tower brace.

90c6ba8e4adf46aa4e4ac9b69f3efae2.jpg

Update:
Mod #3 uncheck........

Strut tower brace will not work on my car.
bf575750f6674738bdfbad67b968ef63.jpg

Performance pack vehicles and 20" equipped GTs all come with k brace.. sad face :( IF you look at the middle picture from my sig you can see the kbrace from the firewall to the strut towers, this is only on the afore mentioned models.  The standard GT has a passenger side "plastic" brace in place only to hold the battery tray cover.  Going to have to order the FRPP brace which is made for all models.

• Like 1

It's doing what its supposed to do, I have had zero major problems with the car and the tires so far and we have obviously had more than enough snow here in MA  =)

Exhaust is finished, X-pipe installed, and sent back my Ford Racing axle backs to LMR along with the strut tower brace that was not for my car and mis-labeled on their website. I have gone a different route and had a local exhaust shop weld In the FRPP X-pipe instead of clamping it in. We used a set of 304 stainless Magnaflow mufflers (streets) and welded a nice set of 4" Slash cut tips. Lou's does excellent work around here, warranteed, and super aligned. Such a better deal for a wopping total of $635 complete out the door.

I will post pics and video later today. First impressions, its about twice as loud under normal driving than before but no drone, under WOT such a nice deep powerful sound. Well worth the effort, a small amount of rasp, but its a good thing, its very similar to the FRPP Touring but more aggressive, think Flowmaster 44s but deeper.  Shaved about 38lbs.

So awesome.

8108017e2ce9e0759d35115bdc8d38cb.jpg

09bf13dbb73d97a0d8c3ee825e6255c5.jpg

c0de805606bce2d0ce3f856f08ab06e1.jpg

Yeah they did a nice job, and when he had me check them out I had him rotate them a little inward because the cutouts actually angle that way. I am going to have to do a few videos at distance with this, because I tried to record a video at about 6 feet away, and the exhaust it just too loud at that distance, it distorts my mic on my phone kind of like one of my earlier dyno vids where at redline my cyclone was so loud it made my mic cut in and out. I will wait to do one in a week or two from now when hopefully the snow is all melted and gone. I will however get an in cabin one done tomorrow as that's a bit easier.

However so far driving the volume in cabin is about twice the volume as stock, the sound is deep and mellow but not boomy mellow the entire RPM range like a Bassani or MF competition muffler, its right about the right amount for me. The volume outside the car is way louder than stock, you know its not a stock exhaust, but it sounds like it feels now which was my goal. It is probably more like a bit of both the touring and sport FRPP mufflers but just a hair louder due to the X-Pipe. It is pretty spot on, when you are downshifting on deceleration coming to a stop you hear the car coming you know its a Mustang.

I was going to go with the 44 series Flowmasters as those are tried and true, but they do not weather as well as the MF mufflers do, due to the 409 stainless used appears to not handle the weather as well, and they only have a 2 year warranty as opposed to Magna Flow's lifetime. It would have been more bruty sounding less mellow but on par for volume.

I am happy with the volume. I will upload the one vid I did do and listed to it through my speakers to see if its worth posting.

FYI I did fully wash my car just after undercarriage etc =) its was messy as fudge this morning.

576305566a52fbb626e058a75567bb83.jpg

I will try to get a better video done later as previously stated I am posting this small one anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdnWsMTDCI8&list=UUXsENZwy_3mGrRuL9_Ml81w

• Like 5