Bananana

Project Banananana

Cancel your tune order!!! I talked to lund today. Im going to email him back and make sure I can quote what he said before I say just quote it. But suffice it to say, we canceled our tune order and are waiting for somethin special ;). I'm sure he will say yes so I'll hit you with more info tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no "issue" per say. But. The tunes won't be very good. I think a fair thing to say from Lund until he replies to my email tomorrow is SCT is not doing a good job at all on the 2015 setup. Most parameters are not available to Lund, and they are not happy with the results of an SCT tune. I will explain a little more tomorrow assuming he lets me quote him.

Well I have time to put that on hold for a bit its just in order processing, plenty of time to make modification to the order.  Hrm..

Fo sho. Ill post more info tomorrow. Trust me, I'm a bit bummed, wanted to see what a tuned 5.0 felt like. But it's ok. Better wait for something better and not buy it twice.

I got plenty to do right now so its not the end of the world, I am actually pretty happy with the performance as is so. Want to clean up the stance, get the tint done, etc. I need to get those all seasons on there the PZeros are not well suited for temps below 45 degrees at all. I am roasting them all too easily through to 4 gear and thats not with a flat pedal either I am still on the break in period, I have about 70 miles till 1K then I will see what happens going over 5k RPMS... =)

However I am just elated every time I get in the driver's seat its just such a nice car to drive. I can take off ramps at 80 if I wanted no braking its just so well planted.

Adaptive cruise control is very neat and works really well. I set the distance to max as I am trying to keep the rock chips to a minimum. =)

I have only 4 negative issues.

1. Seats do not fold far enough forward to put stuff in the back seat, even with seats all the way forward the seat backs need to be able to fold forward a greater amount than they do now.

2. Shaker Pro Audio system, its nice, but for a Pro system I expect more granular control over sound not bass, mid, treble controls only, how about a real equalizer. Also for a system with component fronts, the high treble is not any more crisp to me than my stock 11 base audio without tweeters. I expected crisper audio, (On a good note everything else is good, sound levels are really good and clear, bass is not overbearing like the old system.

3. On horrible side affect of such a flat hood over a cowl type like the last car is right now during the winter the Sun rises lower in the sky so there is way more in your face solar glare on the road and even if you put the sun visor down to help the hood is so flat that it directly reflects with full force the sun right in your eyes directly. You need need need sunglasses hehe.

4. Hood is difficult to open and shut it has to be dropped or slammed, and trunk opens fine but requires lots of pressure to close. Hopefully these will soften over time and use, otherwise an alignment is needed.

Those are not deal breaker issues =)

• Like 1

On the other forum there is at least a dozen threads asking if tunes affect drive modes. Very funny, a little annoying.

FWIW BAMA has run 10's naturally aspirated with their 2015 so I can't see how all of a sudden there is an issue tuning the car.

Why aren't you going over 5k? You should break a car in how you want it to perform.

We break our cars in with easy driving as well. Rings have to seat and what not. And flooring it can hurt that.

Anyways, Lund got back to me and actually said please keep it private. But he said I should say this "I would just dumb it down and say LR [Lund Racing] is releasing a flash device that will compete with SCT and utilize HP tuners to offer better calibrations."

Basically, my two cents, WAIT FOR THEIR OPTION.

JPC works with HP tuners as well, but I don't know anything about them.

1 mile or 1,000 miles makes no difference to me. I'll never baby a car, WOT straight from the dealership. Break-in is a fairy tale to me. :trololol-1:

• Like 3

I have wot the car plenty just not red lined it. I vary my speeds from full on flat pedal it from a stop sideways through 3rd :) to varing my highway driving. I just stayed under redline.

• Like 1

Yea I don't know much about hp tuners, but I am going to trust Jon Lund II and wait for whatever they have in store for us.

Yup just PZeros, the Neros are a stlightly different tread design.

All I know is below 45 degrees these are just garbage but they are not intended for anything other than warm wet and dry driving.  So I cannot fault the tires right now but I can fault Ford for selling Mustangs in the northeast without high performance all seasons as an option.  Makes no sense to not even offer them.  There is no reason for a wet/snow drive mode if they never intended for people to drive these year round.

BTW we have snow right now and other than getting stuck in my driveway once, the actual driving through 3" of wet snow in wet/snow driving mode works as advertised.  Even with these summer tires I am not having any problems getting around, pulling in and out of crappy roads etc. 

I got stuck in my driveway because it was standing wet snow about 2.5" and some idiot is parked behind me giving me the bare minimum room to pull out so instead of giving me a long normal route I had to stop 4 feet out of my space and rock it out because the snow is pushing into small wet drifts and then compressing into heavy barriers and since I cannot just drive through them I had to keep getting out and shoveling them out.  People are dumb...

All I can say is my dad isn't too happy with the Pzero's. He said he was driving a little spiritedly, nothing too much, and took a turn and felt like the front tires where going to unbead.

We break our cars in with easy driving as well. Rings have to seat and what not. And flooring it can hurt that.

Anyways, Lund got back to me and actually said please keep it private. But he said I should say this "I would just dumb it down and say LR [Lund Racing] is releasing a flash device that will compete with SCT and utilize HP tuners to offer better calibrations."

Basically, my two cents, WAIT FOR THEIR OPTION.

How can they be saying that the SCT isn't working well, what about what Bama has already done with their 15. I know John is a tuning god in a lot of circles but when he ran into a few tuning issues with my Magnuson setup he 'quit' so fast it wasn't even funny. Telling me I was gonna have to live with a horrible mid throttle hesitation because it was a 'modified' car. Lund has done great things with proven concepts and combinations.

MPT for example for $75 a tune will data log you till they are blue in the face. The fact that Lund says that he has a tuner comming out and that SCT is crap,,,,,, wait for mine it's the shit! He's only trying to sell his product. He is a really nice guy but he is a business man. I'm not saying the HP based tune is not going to be superior but with a man comming to market with his own software, take his words with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

Thats what its sounding like to me, I see all kinds of tuners out there tuning 15s with no complaints, this is the first time of hearing peeps are missing fields to calibrate. Im gunna unhold my sct at this point...

He claimed they are not doing well on the 2015 platform. Just what the man said. I figure we will wait and see how it pans out. My dad doesn't honestly care. He can wait a few months no problem.

Hrm, well I would like some clarification because I have not read or heard anything from any other source corroborating this.

Hrm, well I would like some clarification because I have not read or heard anything from any other source corroborating this.

Maybe they are blowing smoke up my rear end? I don't know. I'm just relaying what they told me. I don't really know what is true or what isn't. I just assumed Lund being a pretty top notch tuner he would know.

Like I said, we are waiting for more info, see results of whatever they have coming vs SCT.