Bananana

Project Banananana

Until then, here"s my new downpipe ;)2229b9d1f70cb7233bebe76cd696a2a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

End links and verticle links are in....060c81194d347f8699bb6ec4692ff349.jpg

End links and verticle links are in....060c81194d347f8699bb6ec4692ff349.jpg

That is some sexy looking hardware, shame they won't be seen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That is some sexy looking hardware, shame they won't be seen.

I'll know they are there, even if the techs at the dealer doing an oil change won't know what they are ;)

Nice, enjoy the ride and get back to us on the handling difference. Who's end links you go with?I am not familiar with those.

Nice, enjoy the ride and get back to us on the handling difference. Who's end links you go with?I am not familiar with those.
Those are Whiteline out of Australia.

• Thanks 1

New down pipe is in, its funny the power increase in torque over the stock unit.  I can break 4th gear loose again like with the big turbo kit....  Too funny.

On the bad side I can also exhaust the stock turbo faster now too so there's that at redline.

Gunna have to retune.

Installed new Steeda Gtrack brace today to stiffin up the chassis a little.

Turn in and general steering responsiveness is improved.

Was not a fun install. Ford drilled out the larger holes in the kmember but punched out the smaller holes near the ends. This prevented me from sliding the crush spacers in the frame since the metal was kind of pinched inward, and I had no file on hand to help. I ended using a small pipe and an old pair of pliers to pull down on the holes edges. Then used a socket extension to slide the sleeve into place.

Cheap but decent upgrade, and unlike thier kbrace it does not get in the way of anything.

Installed new Steeda Gtrack brace today to stiffin up the chassis a little.

Turn in and general steering responsiveness is improved.

Was not a fun install. Ford drilled out the larger holes in the kmember but punched out the smaller holes near the ends. This prevented me from sliding the crush spacers in the frame since the metal was kind of pinched inward, and I had no file on hand to help. I ended using a small pipe and an old pair of pliers to pull down on the holes edges. Then used a socket extension to slide the sleeve into place.

Cheap but decent upgrade, and unlike thier kbrace it does not get in the way of anything.

Where does the g trac brace tie into?

It ties in the back half of the kmember just behind the control arms.  The steeda Gtrack K brace does the same thing but then it branches off two additional diagonal braces that also ties the center of the forward part of the kmember, if you look at the pic and see where the closest end of my brace bolts there, then follow that down the pic there the next largest hole is at the bottom where the Kmember starts, the gtrack k brace bolts down at the little hole there on both sides.  I opted for the single brace because I already have the strut tower brace and a kbrace on the firewall from the 20" wheel package so I think its a little overkill.

gbrace.jpg.6f2191fc43f5420631e4f32df7d548f1.jpg

• Like 1

I know the feeling of improved turn-in as I did the BMR cb006 4pt brace, I don't have a strut tower brace. Steeda rocks. I just installed Redline hood struts and they seem to help with hood flutter as semi's pass by.

IMG_20180525_195800_852.jpg

Yeah my car handles deceptively well, even with the cheap tires it has appropriate grip (Mind you 275s on all fours) I tend to brake later into corners at higher speeds now that there is no body roll and the rear end is so planted with the vertical and toe links. 

I have to do brakes next that is a clear weak link, I was thinking in the spring when I get my turbonetics drop in upgrade I will order the brembos then too. 

Oil change done today back on the VR1 20W50 with the catless down pipe.  Did my whiteline front sway bar endlinks, and had all greaseable items lubed (adjustable toe links etc.)

Found a leak in my WMI setup which has been finicky again found it was leaking from both sides of the actual flow meter just before the nozzle.  They did not use any sort of Teflon or other paste to seal the fittings to the threads on the sensor, both came loose so it was leaking both pre and post meter losing about 25CCs of flow which does not sound like alot but when your running the minimal nozzle size it is.

Explains alot. 

So back to running normal again lol...  On a plus note I hit 372whp and 401WTQ on the stock turbo, if I could do say 27PSI on it I think I could hit 400wheel if my fuel could hold up.

So I am hitting 56,400 Miles on project Banana, and it has been interesting to say the least.  I am in the process of de-modding the engine and supporting mods as I have to take the car in for a warranty repair my small oil leak from the right front appears to have moved to the rear of the engine as well, and I am burning a little oil, so I may have one of two issues, either the head gasket may be leaking oil into a cylinder, or its just leaking at the block and I may have a seal bad in the turbo which is the cause of some small puffs of blue smoke at low idle which is also causing my rear o2 to throw codes.  Its hard to tell but unfortunately knowing how Ford is with engine warranty work, I gotta remove everything even down to the plugs to ensure they do not attempt to point to non-related mods.

Such is the life lol.

I will be trading this car in, this spring 2019 I am just not sure what I will be getting.  I have been doing various build sheets and I may be going back to an NA GT this go around.  I was tossing around the idea of speccing a PP EBM for cost savings as there is about a 6K difference in price between the platforms but I think that since the gas mileage difference average between both cars is so close which is amazing to say but it is, my reason for getting the 2.3L does not hold water over the advantages of the new Coyote platform.  Also if you spec into a base GT you can now get Sync 3 with the full 8" screen and the toggle switches for drive modes without the expense of the tech package.  However I am leaning towards a black CS  with the 10R80, 12" guages, active exhaust.  Its just so sexy.

vehicle.png.f471ee552b1aa10c77eb26495ccdf4cf.png

• Like 1