LIGISTX

Did I just win the game?

Borla, where you at?!? We need to throw money at you in exchange for amazing noises.

fc5d8eae581841039d5bcecac1d94be5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It's sitting at the dealer. We are not there yet. Lol. Other issue is, we were not expecting it till later this week so my dads current v6 still has exhaust and intake (which are at his shop in storage, o and it's leased). So we have to put it back to stock real quick to give it back.

Although, we might still be able to get whatever deal anyways and drive her home tonight! It's our 3rd mustang from the same salesman at the same dealer. Lol.

My dads. Since time wasn't on our side he is at a muffler shop right now getting stock ones out back on. When he gets home I'll swap out the CAI for stock box and put it back to stock tune and be on our way to dealer.

My dads. Since time wasn't on our side he is at a muffler shop right now getting stock ones out back on. When he gets home I'll swap out the CAI for stock box and put it back to stock tune and be on our way to dealer.

Awesome, congrats!

They are not actually for sale yet tho as far as I know. As soon as they hit AM I'm ordering some tho.

They are not actually for sale yet tho as far as I know. As soon as they hit AM I'm ordering some tho.

Since you're in Cali, order from Autoanything and you should receive them sooner for the same price you'd get from AM.

On our way now. Car is back to stock (OMG it sounds so silly and has no low end get up and go). The track pack 5.0 should fix that ;)

The new shifter is amazing. I absolutely LOVE it. Shifts honestly what I wish my car would, but I guess MGW will make me happy ;)

25486877128579681d97037a711ddaf9.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats!!

Remember though, if you wanted to 'win' your dad needs to join the forum. :cheers:

And even then, it's his dad that would be doing the winning!  he is just along for the ride!

• Like 1

c0a19ad9b409cb846655df6a02ed6dd6.jpg

That red & black color combo, really, really looks good. Hope your dad doesn't do a lot of high speed highway driving, because every ticket whore cop within a 5 mile radius is going to be drawn to that car.

• Like 1

Ok, not sure where else to post this so I guess it will go here for now.

We have the JLT CAI for the car, but since this isn't leased and is actually our car, probably want to properly break it in and make sure everything is fine before we start messing with it.

Question is, how long do you guys suggest waiting to slap a tune on it, and where should we get the tune from? I LOVE my MPT tune on my v6, but are they known for good Coyote tunes? If not, who is the best option? I know Bama has tunes, but we didn't love their V6 tunes, they were fine, but not amazing. I know there was some not so happy people with AED recently, but those are the only names I know of.

Wait for the tuners to have complete access to the ECU tables. You don't want a tune that just feels faster because the throttle body is turned off the edge of a cliff and the ignition timing is through the roof.

• Like 2

MPT does Coyote work, thier FB pages has shown some incredible gains on some of the customer's cars.

• Like 1

Ok, not sure where else to post this so I guess it will go here for now.

We have the JLT CAI for the car, but since this isn't leased and is actually our car, probably want to properly break it in and make sure everything is fine before we start messing with it.

Question is, how long do you guys suggest waiting to slap a tune on it, and where should we get the tune from? I LOVE my MPT tune on my v6, but are they known for good Coyote tunes? If not, who is the best option? I know Bama has tunes, but we didn't love their V6 tunes, they were fine, but not amazing. I know there was some not so happy people with AED recently, but those are the only names I know of.

Normally, I would say wait 5-10K miles. This will give the engine a chance to break in and if there are any issues from the factory, they will show themselves by 10k miles and you can get them fixed under warranty for not too much hassle. However, because the S550 is a new car and the ECU programming is different than even the previous Coyotes, I would say to wait for a good while (more than a year) to give the tuners a chance to get familiar and comfortable with the ECU. No reason to have your car be a tuning guinea pig.

So I'm not really on other forums. But has anyone heard of people disliking the clutch pedal feel? We are not so impressed with this new clutch feel. It's like a compound bow, at a certain point it literally sucks the pedal in, then as you let off when you hit that point it shoots your foot off. Very strange, and we are not fans. I was wondering if there is a simple fix for it, possibly a free one even. Maybe just disconnect a stupid spring or something. Because it's bizarre feeling. It was so strange it caused me to almost roll my car into the back of our house the next morning after I got used to the new one. The way the clutch engages is that drastically different my cars clutch (which I am extremely used too...) almost caused me to basically drop my clutch at a grand and roll into my house. Lol.

So I'm not really on other forums. But has anyone heard of people disliking the clutch pedal feel? We are not so impressed with this new clutch feel. It's like a compound bow, at a certain point it literally sucks the pedal in, then as you let off when you hit that point it shoots your foot off. Very strange, and we are not fans. I was wondering if there is a simple fix for it, possibly a free one even. Maybe just disconnect a stupid spring or something. Because it's bizarre feeling. It was so strange it caused me to almost roll my car into the back of our house the next morning after I got used to the new one. The way the clutch engages is that drastically different my cars clutch (which I am extremely used too...) almost caused me to basically drop my clutch at a grand and roll into my house. Lol.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13497

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12543

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9890

Pull the clutch pedal assist spring.

• Like 1

I will pull the assist spring when he gets home from work.

I have another 5 paychecks worth of OT coming brings me to another 9K by March, thinking of getting a Ford Blue Whipple SC for the GT for a spring project =)

• Like 1