Sign in to follow this  
alrefire

6R80 not shifting at WOT

What's up guys?
I was referred here by LandToSea. I have a turbo 3.7 mustang (the red LPF one). for the month and a half that I had my car, I wasn't able to do a WOT pull due to traction issues; when I finally got drag radials, I had another problem. the car wouldn't shift at WOT (it used to be the 2 to 3 shift, however now it is the 1-2 shift as well.
I have some datalogs. two of them are 1st gear pulls, and the other one is a 1-4 at 70% throttle.
any help would be appreciated :)

datalog1.csv

datalog2.csv

trans datalog revision 1 10-21-14 70 percent throttle e85.csv

What's up guys?

I was referred here by LandToSea. I have a turbo 3.7 mustang (the red LPF one). for the month and a half that I had my car, I wasn't able to do a WOT pull due to traction issues; when I finally got drag radials, I had another problem. the car wouldn't shift at WOT (it used to be the 2 to 3 shift, however now it is the 1-2 shift as well.

I have some datalogs. two of them are 1st gear pulls, and the other one is a 1-4 at 70% throttle.

any help would be appreciated :)

Welcome to the forum! Seen you around on FB a bunch, car looks bad ass!

Sorry, I can't help you with your issues tho. But I'm sure someone will be able to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! Seen you around on FB a bunch, car looks bad ass!

Sorry, I can't help you with your issues tho. But I'm sure someone will be able to.

I appreciate it! hahaha

Who did your tune?

Henson Performance, hopefully he can get it sorted out.

I am thinking it is in the tune.

same here...

but if i keep datalogging with it acting as is, it may turn into a mechanical problem

If you look at the datalog, it says that it shifted into 2nd at 4955 rpm, and continued (while in 2nd) until 7499 rpm (while only going 39mph)

same here...

but if i keep datalogging with it acting as is, it may turn into a mechanical problem

If you look at the datalog, it says that it shifted into 2nd at 4955 rpm, and continued (while in 2nd) until 7499 rpm (while only going 39mph)

That doesn't sounds too good.

Other than the tune there is also a TSB on shift solenoids for the trans. I'm on my phone so I don't have the number in front of me.

What shift pressure is the tuner using? The automatic transmission will live longer with firmer shifts, so maybe your tune is set too "lazy"?

Other than the tune there is also a TSB on shift solenoids for the trans. I'm on my phone so I don't have the number in front of me.

thanks for the info! I will check into that a little more.

What shift pressure is the tuner using? The automatic transmission will live longer with firmer shifts, so maybe your tune is set too "lazy"?

would that be the "line pressure" parameter in the log?

I've been reading about all your issues with your tune and this tuner on Facebook.  You spent all that money on the turbo kit and other mods on your car.  I wouldn't spend another minute trying to troubleshoot this for tuner, he should be doing it and sounds like he doesn't have a clue.  I would take it JMS that tuned Hector's car or Lund.

would that be the "line pressure" parameter in the log?

Yes, I believe that is the parameter you are looking for

Yes, I believe that is the parameter you are looking for

It's recorded. I don't know enough about the values to understand what they mean.

do you have any lights on the dash??? my car was doing that and it turned out i had a blown airbag fuse putting the car in limp home mode

I'm datalogging with the race tune, it disables traction, and abs

I'm datalogging with the race tune, it disables traction, and abs

If you do have a blown fuse, it would probably carry over even on the race tune.

It wouldn't matter what tune you are using if you have a blown fuse is what they are getting at.  You didn't answer the question if you have any lights on your dash for check engine or anything like that.

It wouldn't matter what tune you are using if you have a blown fuse is what they are getting at. You didn't answer the question if you have any lights on your dash for check engine or anything like that.

Traction off, Advance trac, and abs

Because they ate disabled

You should probably send your logs to another tuner and ask if the issue is tune related or not. This would be a much better option then dropping and inspecting the trans for a mechanical failure. MPT or Lund Racing would be some good examples. Mike Rousch(great tuner for the autos especially) of Mid-Atlantic Performance is on this site sometimes, he could probably tell what was going on with the trans in these logs. If anyone could get him on this thread to give the logs a look see that would be awesome.You could contact another tuner, tell them the issues you are having and hopefully they could fix it. If your tuner can't figure it out then it's probably time to go elsewhere and make sure it's only a tune issue and not a mechanical one. Hopefully the tune is safe otherwise. Nothing is more important than the tune on a FI car. Might as well get a full retune if your gonna go to another tuner to fix the shifting issues(assuming the issues you are having now are tune related)

You should probably send your logs to another tuner and ask if the issue is tune related or not. This would be a much better option then dropping and inspecting the trans for a mechanical failure. MPT or Lund Racing would be some good examples. Mike Rousch(great tuner for the autos especially) of Mid-Atlantic Performance is on this site sometimes, he could probably tell what was going on with the trans in these logs. If anyone could get him on this thread to give the logs a look see that would be awesome.You could contact another tuner, tell them the issues you are having and hopefully they could fix it. If your tuner can't figure it out then it's probably time to go elsewhere and make sure it's only a tune issue and not a mechanical one. Hopefully the tune is safe otherwise. Nothing is more important than the tune on a FI car. Might as well get a full retune if your gonna go to another tuner to fix the shifting issues(assuming the issues you are having now are tune related)

Already have.

Who are you working with now? Hopefully they will be able to get this worked out. Cool car, welcome to FFM!

Who are you working with now? Hopefully they will be able to get this worked out. Cool car, welcome to FFM!

Ortiz performance looked at it, and lpf looked at it too