LIGISTX

The Blue Beast

I probably should have started a build thread a long time ago, but better late than never?

My BMR LCA's showed up at my parents house today! Finally get the wheel hop under control a bit I hope.

I did a 5-60 second gear pull few nights ago, with all the work done to the 3.7 it really revs out nicely. I honestly never noticed how it revs till I took this video and actually watched the tac. Amazingly fun car!

Now I just need some better damping, corner carving is ok, but a bit hairy at times.

Throwing up a link to my FB car album since it documents my build decently well, ish.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2208062562821.134453.1285149079&type=1&l=e92f894568

Second gear pull:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

I really couldn't believe how hard it pulled in second. Pretty sure I ticked off a 5 second 5-60 right there.

• Like 1

Looks quick! Similiar to mine. Mane the mpt tune makes a difference for sure.

Not quite 60 though but quick for second gear. Try it in 1st! A stock 5.0 5-60 is 4.8 btw;)

I mean. Mathematically redline is 58. So I coasted through 60. Lol.

Lol. Yea. Actually I pressed stop recording so I could put my phone down haha. I don't know the exact time, but the video is about 6 seconds, just under I think. And the first second and a bit was just me waiting to gun it.

Lol I know you hit 60 I'm saying when you trimmed the video it trimmed right before hitting the end of 2nd

O wow. I just watched the video on my PC, yea it cuts out way early. No idea what happened there. I'm going to re upload it. Lol. It stopped right at redline on my phone. Weird.

It refuses to upload with the end of the video in it. No clue why. Guess I'll have to do another pull!

Looks faster than mine damn sea level guys

Haha logistix might have 409 rwhp

It refuses to upload with the end of the video in it. No clue why. Guess I'll have to do another pull!

Yea that happens when you cut it short. Just cut it a second longer Than normal and you should be ok
  • Like 1

Honestly unless you want to just watch me drive a bunch, about 8:05 is kinda funny, burn rubber into third. And at 10:30 is a solid 0-60. Seems like only 5 seconds, but that is because I don't have enough tire to drop ANY clutch at all (as you can see right before even a little bit results in spinning), and that traction loss into second isn't helping anything either. Sure is fun tho!

• Like 1

Recently I noticed when I shift from first to second in a normal way (a relatively lazy shift) there can sometimes be a pretty definite thud noise too it. Like, much more than normal. Normally you have what I'll describe as the sound of shifting. Some mechanical noise of the stick moving and gear being selected. But sometimes it's a loud low thud that I can hear clearly over my speakers and exhaust (shifting at maybe 2.5k and speakers not up loud). Just wondering if maybe different fluid could help such an issue? I don't think anything is broken, everything seems to work fine as always. Just wondering what could cause it....maybe it's getting getting old.

i wanna say its the driveshaft mine does that when i put in in reverse

Hmm. Possible. I don't think I noticed it till recently, and I did recently get the driveshaft...

Mine makes a clunk like noise like your describing as well but it's an auto and I have a stock d/s.

I've learned to live with the mechanical noises. They happen in almost any car.

Dynamat could probably do wonders in that department

Some degree of clunking is just normal to these cars.  Even more so the V6 MT82's between the 2piece shaft, the dual mass FW, etc.  I get clunks from time to time with my dynotech shaft, I just ignore them now that I realize they are normal, they aren't anything out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

Well I contacted Barton about upgrading to the two piece bracket. It would only be worth it to me if I could sell my original Barton for 40-50 bucks. Anything think that is plausible?