Sign in to follow this  
Too40gawlf

Opinions on AMR Hearththrob Muffler Deletes

Was in a parking lot yesterday when a 13/14 5.0 drove through. As soon as I heard the rumble of the car I knew I had to talk to the owner to see what exhaust he had. So when he parked, I went up to him and said, "Hey Man, what exhaust work you done? Headers? xpipe?" He said it was bonestock except for AMR Heartthrob muffler deletes. I couldnt believe what I was hearing, the car sounded amazing at parking lot speeds. I would've swore it had longtubes and x pipe.

Anyway, does anyone have these on their Coyote or have any input on them? They are <$250 at ARM and at that price you cant go wrong.

Personally, I think Heartthrob leaves a lot on the table in terms of quality.  Every time I hear about heartthrob, I also hear about the utterly frustrating fitment issues that go along with their products.  What type of sound are you looking for?

+1 to what Nick said. I've seen/heard nothing but fitment complaints from Heartthrob customers. Also expect muffler deletes to sound like shit at WOT and to drone like crazy on the highway. I'd suggest GT500 or Borla mufflers for the quality sound and fitment.

Really most exhausts sound good at idle/parking lot speeds.  Where it really matters is how it sounds at speed and when you romp on it, and really regardless of which motor these 11+ stangs have neither sound good with muffler deletes.

Hmm good input, thanks fellas. I currently have MAC axlebacks which sound good but I think they are a tad quiet. However, I had not heard anything about fitment issues with heartthrob. The reviews at AM are almost universally positive.

Lol. Listened to that on my phone. Either your mic didn't know how to deal, or my speakers didn't. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Listened to that on my phone. Either your mic didn't know how to deal, or my speakers didn't. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about BOTH.  It was holy-split-ballsack loud.

Alright, so I guess Im back to square one and eyeing the lethal offroad X-pipe to go along with my MAC axlebacks and stock exhaust manifolds and piping. I have a spare set of GT500 axlebacks I bought used for an unbeatable price as a backup if the X I get doesnt harmonize well with the MACs.

I think Bassani axlebacks sound unbelievable on our cars, but I cant justify $700+ when I already have two pair of aftermarket axlebacks sitting around. Guess, I could get the Bassanis and then sell my MACs and GT500s to recoup the cost.

I was dead set on long tubes and catted x until talking to Grimace who steered me away from longtubes and the headaches they present.

Match the GT500's with the midpipe and you'd be golden. I don't have personal experience with MAC's but everyone I've talked to used them to quiet down overy loud exhaust systems. People love the GT500/O/R midpipe setups.

MBRP makes top quality stuff but pay attention to their pipe diameters. They sell 3" inlet/3" outlet midpipes that won't bolt up to the stock overaxle pipes. You need to get a 3" inlet/2.75" outlet unless you get their 3" catback at the same time. That's big $$$.

• Like 1

Match the GT500's with the midpipe and you'd be golden. I don't have personal experience with MAC's but everyone I've talked to used them to quiet down overy loud exhaust systems. People love the GT500/O/R midpipe setups.

MBRP makes top quality stuff but pay attention to their pipe diameters. They sell 3" inlet/3" outlet midpipes that won't bolt up to the stock overaxle pipes. You need to get a 3" inlet/2.75" outlet unless you get their 3" catback at the same time. That's big $$$.

Thanks Man, good info. Thats what I think I'll try first. Lethal off road X & GT500's.

Now, once I get the offroad X, I need to get the tune as well to turn off the 02 sensor MILs, right?

Yes you will need the proper tune to turn off the rear O2 sensors. When it comes time to check the emissions you should return to stock but there is also a trick with non-foulers that you can search. Pretty illegal so I can't advise further on that!

As far as tunes go, I'm thinking of getting tuned by Adam Browne at RevAuto in MD. You should check them out.

Heres some good looking Bassani axle backs. You could most likely recoup half of that by selling one your axle back sets.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1031423-Bassani-Axle-Back-s-Mint-Cond-(Pics)

Edit: Nevermind...should have looked to see that they were sold first

Damn, that was a good price. Oh well, Id like to try the GT500s on with the x-pipe first since so many say good things about them.

Yes you will need the proper tune to turn off the rear O2 sensors. When it comes time to check the emissions you should return to stock but there is also a trick with non-foulers that you can search. Pretty illegal so I can't advise further on that!

As far as tunes go, I'm thinking of getting tuned by Adam Browne at RevAuto in MD. You should check them out.

Yeah, I know RevAuto gets great acclaim. I just saw a thread on the N/A 500rwhp Coyote they built for a customer on SVTP. Im vascillating between AED and Steeda for a tune. Im drawn to Steeda because I can get the X4 and tunes for life for the same price as I would get the X4 anywhere else. Steeda says they will review your datalogs to refine your tune and I do trust Steeda. On the other hand, going with AED I would have to get the X4 and pay for the tune so it would be a couple hundred more than the Steeda option. Obviously AED has a sterling reputation and he will demand datalogs before even writing the initial tune. So Im stuck debating value (Steeda) or quality(AED).

Either way, I plan on swapping out to OEM catted pipe when emissions times rolls around. I just got emissions done this month, so Im good for another 2 years.

MBRP's sound really good.  Just make sure you don't get their aluminized options though and get stainless.  I hate aluminized stuff.

Oh by the way, MBRP redesigned their catbacks to accomidate 2.75" mid pipes.  You'll be set!  Just make sure you don't get an old system.

I know its been covered ad naseum, but what are the specifics differences in X vs. H? H has more power down low and X higher in the rpm range? H has more deeper note and X screams more?

I honestly don't like that very much. Too German sounding for me. I like stuff with a sharper edge to it. :)

I drove behind a cam tuned 5.0 today with Borla S Types and an off road H.  I kinda had an accident in the pants region...

• Like 1

I drove behind a cam tuned 5.0 today with Borla S Types and an off road H.  I kinda had an accident in the pants region...

IMO you can never go wrong with Borla

I know its been covered ad naseum, but what are the specifics differences in X vs. H? H has more power down low and X higher in the rpm range? H has more deeper note and X screams more?

I must have missed this.

X-Pipe makes a smoother tone at low-mid speeds and makes a racecar snarl at WOT.

H-Pipe makes a choppy/rumble and makes the classic American exhaust note. Roars at WOT.

Both match up with different mufflers to create different setups and different tastes as far as volume and aggressiveness. Removing the cats changes the game in a big way and you will need to control volume as you can lose tone very quickly and just get a raspy mess.

Neither makes a difference as far as power goes. The idea that the X makes top end power and the H makes more low end is obsolete.

• Like 1