Sign in to follow this  
Grimace427

Stock wheel specs

A work in progress, feel free to add corrections/ better photos. Partial credit to AFM member Nightmare37.

19x9" Brembo, +42mm, ~30-31lbs

19x9 Brembo.jpg

18x8 GT base, +44

18x8 5 spoke.jpg

19x8.5 GT premium, +50mm

19x8.5 premium.jpg

19x8.5 California Special, +50mm, ~31lbs

19x8.5 CS.jpg

17x7 V6 base, +40mm, ~22.6lbs

17x7 V6 stock.jpg

18x8 V6 Pony Package/MCA, +44mm, ~26lbs

18x8 10 spoke.jpg

19x8.5 V6 Performance Package, +50mm

19x8.5V6 PP.jpg

• Like 4

I spent a few weeks compiling and verifying as much of this as possible, but without having measured any of these myself there is still a possibility there are a few errors in the offsets.

I have weights but they are ranging widely. One guy's scale doesn't always match another's, no one has had all stock wheels to weigh at one time.

Thanks. I didn't have any idea what my pony package wheels weighed. Actually, less than I thought. Maybe an aftermarket wheel thread also? Supposedly the SVE drift 18x9's I ordered for my DR's out back weigh 23lbs. That's the best low lb/$ deal I could find.

Still need everyone to keep their eyes open for more current data. When someone swaps a stock wheel and throws it on a scale we need to get that info here.

I have 2011 PW mustang 3.7.It is setup for 225/60/17 tires but I want to put a set of Cooper Zeon rs3-a in a 235/55/17.Will this tire fit the standard 17x7 OEM rim?One local Cooper dealer thinks they will fit the rim but they might rub.What say you?

pro's and cons?

Welcome to the forum! With such a small change in size I bet they will work fine with the stock wheels. It is extremely unlikely they will rub as many people use much bigger tires than that.

Older GT's used 235/55 on 7" wide wheels so you will be fine! A wider wheel and tire will always be an improvement however, in my opinion an ideal size for a 235/55 would be 7.5-8" wide.

Hey Grimace, not sure if you want to change the OP but i just measured the stock wheel and tire to be 46.6lbs, a quick call to Michelin and they say the tire itself will weigh exactly 24.0lbs. That would put the stock 17x7 (base V6) wheel at 22.6lbs.

Hey Grimace, not sure if you want to change the OP but i just measured the stock wheel and tire to be 46.6lbs, a quick call to Michelin and they say the tire itself will weigh exactly 24.0lbs. That would put the stock 17x7 (base V6) wheel at 22.6lbs.

Was your tire brand new?

Nope. It has 9/32nd left. According to the Michelin guy he estimated the 3/32nd of an inch to weigh .3lbs, New the tire is 24.3lbs-0.3lbs = the 24lbs :)

Whether that is 100% accurate weight of the tire, I think it's a hell of a lot closer than 26lbs for the wheel haha.

This is a pretty awesome thread to have stickied because the info can be hard to find. 

The V6 PP wheel isn't right though:

The V6 Performance Package in '11 & '12 used the same wheel design as the GT/CS cars but without the letters in the end of one spoke.  The wheel that's currently shown for V6 PP on the first post is a GT Premium optional wheel brought in for 2010, 2011,2012.

http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=Mustang&year=2012&postalCode=35474

http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=Mustang&year=2011&postalCode=55401

I'll look for a better image. I used the images from an OEM replacement company as they were all listed together. I do believe the offsets are still correct however.

• Like 2