LIGISTX

Computer Hardware Thread

So the wheel tech isn't sorted out yet enough to keep up with the software side of these units?I'm going to build a gaming PC

just for this usage. I guess more time is needed to allow software and steering wheel to more bond for performance. I've watched some 3D on youtube and am very interested to have a go at this for off track training.

So the wheel tech isn't sorted out yet enough to keep up with the software side of these units?I'm going to build a gaming PC
just for this usage. I guess more time is needed to allow software and steering wheel to more bond for performance. I've watched some 3D on youtube and am very interested to have a go at this for off track training.

They work fine, just if you buy a more advanced setup expect to spend more time trying to work out the intricacies. My Logitech stuff is 100% plug and play. And it works totally fine. It’s not the best, but it’s plenty enough imo. And if you outgrow it, can always sell it for a descent amount and upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

They work fine, just if you buy a more advanced setup expect to spend more time trying to work out the intricacies. My Logitech stuff is 100% plug and play. And it works totally fine. It’s not the best, but it’s plenty enough imo. And if you outgrow it, can always sell it for a descent amount and upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 that.

Also if you're not planning on having a dedicated sim rig and are going to be using the computer for other things, make sure you have a desk that can support the desk clamp. I currently am using the keyboard tray on my desk and it's not great.

Another thing to consider is the brake pedal that comes with the fanatec csl package requires a lot of force so I'm going to have to fab something to mount it so it won't slide around. This wouldn't be an issue if I had a sim rig because I could just mount it to that, but because I'm just using my desk it's now an issue.

• Like 2

I am pretty sure self tapping screws into the floor will work.... lol

• Like 1

Back in my drumming days the bass liked to run away during hard rock/metal songs. We would use bricks, cinderblocks, younger siblings, or guitar amps to keep them in place.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bananana said:

I am pretty sure self tapping screws into the floor will work.... lol

I just don't want something permanent, I need the flexibility to move it out of the way when I'm not using them.

32 minutes ago, Stevethe11th said:

I just don't want something permanent, I need the flexibility to move it out of the way when I'm not using them.

It was a joke 😁