LIGISTX

Computer Hardware Thread

So, I figure we need a PC thread up in here. I figure there must be some mustang owners who have sick rigs, or others who might need help with their computers, be it broken, slow, or just not running right. Hopefully those of us who know a thing or two could help others who need some assistance or advice.

For those of us that do have good rigs and enjoy talking tech, well here is the thread you have been waiting for!

Not the best pix ever, I'm not home so I just had these on my phone. I have had many rigs over the years, as the lower picture shows, that framed thing is totally my first video card, X850XT dual slot ;)

Currently I'm rocking a 4770k @4.4 ghz, modest OC but no reason to push more heat/volts through it. It's adaptive voltage so it still under clocks to Intel spec when not being pushed to help reduce heat and increase longevity. It's on a Asus Gryphon z87 board, 2x8 GB of 2133mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, gtx 470 @ 830 core and 1900 ram, which is a solid 40% OC on the core (I got a good chip!). RAID 0 120 gig Samsung Evo's, pointless I know, but I got one for free ;). Next is cooling, an h220 by swiftech as my CPU cooler with two SP120 high performance on that rad, and a Kraken x60 on my GPU with a custom mounting bracket to make that work with a quiet edition SP120 on that rad. All in a Corsair 350d.

Had a i7 920 @ 3.8 ghz from when they released in 09 till a few months ago on corsair h50, but sadly that x58 P6T Deluxe v2 died on me :(. It wasn't even slow! It still chewed up EVERYTHING.

eguzebyp.jpg

avyju4a3.jpg

Ugh, I'm jealous of your battlestation. And your liquid cooling. 

My specs: 

• Mobo Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3
  • CPU AMD 3 Phenom II 3.2GHz Quad Core
  • RAM 16 GB Sniper G-Skill DDR3 1866 MHz
  • GPU 2GB EVGA GTX 770 SC
  • SSD 250GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • HDD 2TB o' fun
  • PSU Raidmax 1000W

I recently just upgraded my case and PSU.  I had some overheating problems while playing Skyrim and Portal 2. :(  I think my mobo has a safety feature that shuts my pc down if it gets too hot.  I was worried it was my gfx card for a while, lol.  I probably didn't have to upgrade my PSU but I did anyways because upgrades. 

I don't manually overclock any of my stuff because I am too chicken to do it.  

I have a 23" Samsung monitor and a 32" LG TV next to my desk so I can have two monitors lol.  I mainly use it to display chat in twitch but eventually I'll get a real second monitor.  

PC: 

20140720_171846_zpsnoebvom1.jpg

20140720_201209_zpsj96lki2m.jpg

20140720_201140_zpsy1strstu.jpg

I'll have to take a picture of the inside.  I just didn't because my cords are jumbled up and it bothers me lol. Hell, in the last picture you can probably see some sata cables poking out towards the glass. LOL 

• Like 2

You sure you don't see any little hamsters running on wheels in the case?! 

I can laugh at that now we are in our new place. Back at the old place there could have been actual rodents inside my computer tearing things up.

I already spend enough mod money on cars and guns. If I started up with the computron stuff, well let's just say the east coast power grid might have it's output reallocated. :Big Grin:

I can laugh at that now we are in our new place. Back at the old place there could have been actual rodents inside my computer tearing things up.

I already spend enough mod money on cars and guns. If I started up with the computron stuff, well let's just say the east coast power grid might have it's output reallocated. :Big Grin:

Oh, I don't blame you.  So far this year I've spent like $600 on this damn computer.  I spend at least 6+ hrs a day on it, might as well get the best lol.  Hopefully I can put some money towards the car soon.  Guns are expensive, blah. 

Oh, I don't blame you.  So far this year I've spent like $600 on this damn computer.  I spend at least 6+ hrs a day on it, might as well get the best lol.  Hopefully I can put some money towards the car soon.  Guns are expensive, blah

Yep. I'm high maintenance! :trololol-1:

• Like 1

I will post mine later. It is a Corsair 700 case

Watercooled

3 fan radiator

1tb samsung EVO ssd

GTX 570s SLI

MSI mobo

i7 2600k OC to 5.0 GHz

Corsair 1200 modular PSU.

Built twp and a half years ago and still runs everything on high.

• Like 1

It was funny at my mother's retirement party hearing about how her team were developing computer software for the CIA, back in the late 80's!

Damn. Looks like there are a few nice rigs up in here! Great to hear people know what's up! Looks like I am getting beat on the video card competition. Haha. I also got mine when the 400 series was new and honestly for 1080p it still destroys (with that 40% OC).

My monitors: 2 are 1080p, one is 1680x1050. They are meh, I will get a 4k ultra sharp when they are more affordable, and when GPU's can push that res better.

Sound: Logitech z-5500 powered by a x-fi titanium.

Will post more later, another meeting about to start.

• Like 1

Some good looking setups here for sure.  Mine used to be more cutting edge but I haven't encountered a reason to upgrade other than I want to at this point.  And honestly I'd rather put that money into the Mustang or the house these days! 

Living in an Antec 300 case:

• Mobo Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
  • CPU Intel Q9650 @ 4.2ghz
  • RAM 8 GB G-Skill PC8500
  • GPU EVGA GTX 570 @ 950/2200
  • HDD 2xWD Black 500gb raid 0
  • PSU Corsair 750
  • Like 2

Man. I'm getting beat I the video card arena by everyone! Lol. I will probably end up with an 800 series soon. Anyways.

Peripherals! Most important part since you actually interact with them! So my speakers were stated already, but mouse is a Logitech G500 with a G710+ keyboard. Absolutely love the grown o-ring switches! Blues are great for typing, but browns are a good balance for typing and gaming. That about sums up my main rig.

My HTPC and nas I'll share later ;)

Jackie I can't believe you have a stryker case!! I have a CM storm trooper so pretty much the same case but in black. I thought about the stryker but I didn't want the windowed side panel at first, now I wish I got it because I'm pretty proud of my cable management :Big Grin:

CPU: i5 4670k stock clock until I get some liquid cooling, probably a cooler master or corsair AIO cooler until I can build another computer to travel with.

MoBo: MSI z87-g45 gaming board

PSU: Rosewill capstone 750W modular 80 plus gold

RAM: 8GB G.Skill ripjaws X 2133 Mhz

HDD: WD 1Tb blue drive

GPU: MSI r9 270x gaming 2GB card

Running windows 8.1. I'm about to do a clean install because I've had plenty of software issues since I upgraded to 8.1. When broadwell comes out I'll probably upgrade to that or a 4770k depending on prices and perfomance. Upgrade my mobo with that and use my old cpu and mobo, or possibly get a smaller mobo, to build a smaller computer because the storm trooper/stryker is a massive case. Next upgrade will be a liquid cooler for the graphics card like a CM Seidon 240l or corsair h100i. Whatever I choose will be moved to the second computer and then I'll do a custom loop.

• Like 1

I will post mine later. It is a Corsair 700 case

Watercooled

3 fan radiator

1tb samsung EVO ssd

GTX 570s SLI

MSI mobo

i7 2600k OC to 5.0 GHz

Corsair 1200 modular PSU.

Built twp and a half years ago and still runs everything on high.

Holy hell! 1TB SSD?!  Color me jealous.  My SSD is strictly for games.  My 2TB HDD is partitioned for my OS and my files. Yeah, I bet yours will last another few yrs too!  I had a GTX 260 before this card and it still handled Skyrim in the 30-40 fps range.  Tolerable lol. 

Man. I'm getting beat I the video card arena by everyone! Lol. I will probably end up with an 800 series soon. Anyways.

Peripherals! Most important part since you actually interact with them! So my speakers were stated already, but mouse is a Logitech G500 with a G710+ keyboard. Absolutely love the grown o-ring switches! Blues are great for typing, but browns are a good balance for typing and gaming. That about sums up my main rig.

My HTPC and nas I'll share later ;)

I think I have that exact same mouse! Does it have a metallic look to it?  I'm not at home so I can't look at mine.  I have an Eclipse Saitek keyboard.  Got it back in '08 lol. 

Jackie I can't believe you have a stryker case!! I have a CM storm trooper so pretty much the same case but in black. I thought about the stryker but I didn't want the windowed side panel at first, now I wish I got it because I'm pretty proud of my cable management :Big Grin:

CPU: i5 4670k stock clock until I get some liquid cooling, probably a cooler master or corsair AIO cooler until I can build another computer to travel with.

MoBo: MSI z87-g45 gaming board

PSU: Rosewill capstone 750W modular 80 plus gold

RAM: 8GB G.Skill ripjaws X 2133 Mhz

HDD: WD 1Tb blue drive

GPU: MSI r9 270x gaming 2GB card

Running windows 8.1. I'm about to do a clean install because I've had plenty of software issues since I upgraded to 8.1. When broadwell comes out I'll probably upgrade to that or a 4770k depending on prices and perfomance. Upgrade my mobo with that and use my old cpu and mobo, or possibly get a smaller mobo, to build a smaller computer because the storm trooper/stryker is a massive case. Next upgrade will be a liquid cooler for the graphics card like a CM Seidon 240l or corsair h100i. Whatever I choose will be moved to the second computer and then I'll do a custom loop.

That's awesome!  I need to spend an hr or two organizing mine how I want them.  This case is excellent for cable management though.  My other case had no ports to push through and hide them. Nice build!  +1 for WD HDD.  I had a Seagate (because I was young and cheap).  It didn't last 5 months.  I had a lightning strike in my yard that fried it, I think.  Not really sure lol. Yeah, this case IS massive.  Mostly for torrent freaks LOL.  I just wanted better airflow.  Nice, 8.1.  I'm still using 7 Ultimate or some crap like that. 

I don't run a desktop rig but I do have a laptop that runs what I need it to.

Lenovo y510p

I7-4700MQ

5400rpm 1 tb hard drive

Nvidia GeForce GT755M 2gb

Its not the best but its good for a laptop.

Yea 1TB SSD. LOL. Good for you. I have a few platter hhd's in mine, but right now just a 2tb and a 1tb. Had a 3tb, gave it to a buddy, and had another 2tb just die on me a few months back :(

But reason it's nbd: my nas. Me and a few buddies are pretty big into torrenting, so we built a bit of a dope nas. CPU is a low power i3, 8 gigs of low voltage samsung ram, ASRock extreme 4 Z67 board. We have 8x3TB drives in there in RAID 6 for about 15TB is usable space. Only have 5TB free now :/.

yvyba2yh.jpg

• Like 1

You guys all have some nice rigs.

I have a old core 2 duo e8500 @3.16 ghz. I've tried overclocking it in the bios a couple times and it doesn't like it. My ram is 4gb lol but only 3 is usable cause I'm on Windows 7 32 bit. It's an old computer but I upgraded One part of it. Da gpu. Haha I got a HD7850 for it. I can run any game on all max settings, sub for stuff like Crysis 3 which is cpu and ram intensive. I don't want to upgrade my motherboard and everything though but I think its time. Just that all the games I want run fine.

I also recently got a xps 15 as my school laptop

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I bought the case for the excellent airflow but damn is it a pain to take back and forth between NOLA and BR. I don't do it often but when I'm on a break like in winter I'll take it down. It's almost odd looking because I just have a standard size ATX mobo and a single graphics card with one HDD right now so there's so much room in there! I plan on adding more drives as I need em. Next thing I'm buying is an external drive for that and my laptop. I've got a small portable some for my laptop but I'd like just one drive for everything.

My friend in Lyon, France has like 9 Tbs of drives now! He's got plenty of games but it's mostly movies. I have a couple dozen movies and about 100 GB of apps but still have over half my drive left

Not the best pix ever, I'm not home so I just had these on my phone. I have had many rigs over the years, as the lower picture shows, that framed thing is totally my first video card, X850XT dual slot ;)

avyju4a3.jpg

Love the framed graphics card!!

• Like 1

Love the framed graphics card!!

I told my mom not to get rid of it like 5 months ago because it was my first card, so she got it framed for me :)

• Like 1

I only really boot up the previously mentioned desktop if Im going to play a game.  99% of the time I'm using my 1st gen 13.3" Samsung Series 9 laptop with its i5 2467m, 8gb ram and 128gb SSD.  

Holy hell! 1TB SSD?! Color me jealous. My SSD is strictly for games. My 2TB HDD is partitioned for my OS and my files. Yeah, I bet yours will last another few yrs too! I had a GTX 260 before this card and it still handled Skyrim in the 30-40 fps range. Tolerable lol.

I think I have that exact same mouse! Does it have a metallic look to it? I'm not at home so I can't look at mine. I have an Eclipse Saitek keyboard. Got it back in '08 lol.

Yea. It's metallic looking, and best part by far is the ability to scroll forever. Only in games do I out it back to normal click wheel scrolling. As far as gpu goes, yea I am planning to keep my 470 till I get a 4k monitor and need more horsepower. The 470 is a mini space heater, but it gets the job done. Before I had water, with fan at 100% and that overclock it would easily run 90-95c, which I didn't like. Now it never hits over ~68.