Sign in to follow this  
JasinEdward

Look what got here today!

So here they are!

20140611_192451_zpsszx1rsx5.jpg

They are in great shape too... I think the ding might have been over-exaggerated.... lol.  It's at the very bottom and is 100% visual.  It won't affect performance at all.  AND.... it's at the bottom so no one will ever see it!  The welds seem to be great too.  They look nothing like the poor welds from the v6 shorties I saw pics of.  I was originally gonna smooth them out, but I don't even think I need to.  I'm gonna be getting the matching x-pipe for father's day this weekend.  Once I get it all together, she's headed back in the shop to get this installed.  I don't feel like tackling this one myself.  I'm also having the resonators cut out...

Thanks again FFM!  This was an awesome raffle!

• Like 5

They look so perdy! Gratz again. Install is a pita.

That is why the write up explains how I get out my wallet and hand over a credit card.... ;)

• Like 1

That is why the write up explains how I get out my wallet and hand over a credit card.... ;)

Haha! I had everything going for my install(tools, lift, experience) and it was still a total bitch.

WooT!  Enjoy!  We'll need some sound clips of before and after!  It would be cool to have a direct comparison of equal length short tubes vs Tri Y's.

Dam that Purdy,,,,,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I am... but so far, it looks like it's going to be pretty expensive. I might have to save up for a month or two

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am... but so far, it looks like it's going to be pretty expensive. I might have to save up for a month or two

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

yeah...its probably an 800 dollar job

Meineke.... they manager there has a dropped 2009 gt he uses for auto-x...... he also has a yellow 67.  They did my gears for a reasonable price too.....

Collin at Racing Integration is good too.  

collin@racingintegration.com   

http://www.racingintegration.com/  

https://www.facebook.com/Racingintegration

He did my torque converter install and is going to be doing my differential install.  He had built his own twin turbo GT but think he recently sold it.  Does all kinds of work on all types of cars but has done Mustangs for years.

Collin at Racing Integration is good too.  

collin@racingintegration.com   

http://www.racingintegration.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Racingintegration

He did my torque converter install and is going to be doing my differential install.  He had built his own twin turbo GT but think he recently sold it.  Does all kinds of work on all types of cars but has done Mustangs for years.

I heard they tune real well too.... I'll check em out.  I used Meineke for the exhaust stuff like this cause they're less than a mile from my office.  It's real easy to drop the vehicle off there

I heard they tune real well too.... I'll check em out.  I used Meineke for the exhaust stuff like this cause they're less than a mile from my office.  It's real easy to drop the vehicle off there

I would seriously reconsider taking your car to Meineke. A place like Meineke doesnt hire quality techs, they hire hacks to sell power steering 'flushes' to soccer moms for $150 bucks and Autozone brake jobs at 3x markup for the lowest end Chinese rotors and pads. Im almost willing to bet that whichever schlub gets saddled with your car is not going to have had experience installing headers on a Coyote. At best you are asking for an exhaust leak which will get you another $400-$600 bill to have a quality shop fix. At worst you are going to get back a hacked up car AND an exhaust leak(s).

If you're not going to do the job yourself (which is more than understandable) and are going to pay quality labor rates, have a shop that actually cares about its reputation and has professionals with experience do that job. Header work on performance cars is not in Meineke's business model.

Taking you car to Meineke for a header install is like hiring the Whopper jockey at Burger King to cater your gourmet dinner party.

I would seriously reconsider taking your car to Meineke. A place like Meineke doesnt hire quality techs, they hire hacks to sell power steering 'flushes' to soccer moms for $150 bucks and Autozone brake jobs at 3x markup for the lowest end Chinese rotors and pads. Im almost willing to bet that whichever schlub gets saddled with your car is not going to have had experience installing headers on a Coyote. At best you are asking for an exhaust leak which will get you another $400-$600 bill to have a quality shop fix. At worst you are going to get back a hacked up car AND an exhaust leak(s).

If you're not going to do the job yourself (which is more than understandable) and are going to pay quality labor rates, have a shop that actually cares about its reputation and has professionals with experience do that job. Header work on performance cars is not in Meineke's business model.

Taking you car to Meineke for a header install is like hiring the Whopper jockey at Burger King to cater your gourmet dinner party.

I know the guys that work there.  I have trusted them to do work before and have never had  a problem with it.  Not many Meineke's will do a gear swap! (correctly)....  I would prefer to install them myself, but I don't have access to a lift.  All the work on my v6 was done in my garage (except for my gears), plenty of room under the hood. The reason I stopped by there to begin with was the insane Saleen they had out front. The guy that did my gears in my v6 owned it.  I see more performance cars go in and out of here than the local speed shop.  I'm kinda in the middle of nowhere, so it's real tough to find guys that like and appreciate performance cars.

I know the guys that work there.  I have trusted them to do work before and have never had  a problem with it.  Not many Meineke's will do a gear swap! (correctly)....  I would prefer to install them myself, but I don't have access to a lift.  All the work on my v6 was done in my garage (except for my gears), plenty of room under the hood. The reason I stopped by there to begin with was the insane Saleen they had out front. The guy that did my gears in my v6 owned it.  I see more performance cars go in and out of here than the local speed shop.  I'm kinda in the middle of nowhere, so it's real tough to find guys that like and appreciate performance cars.

OK. Well if you've done your research and are comfortable with the guys at the shop, then nevermind what I said. 

Also, I shouldve realized your car was a V6.