Sign in to follow this  
Nyke

Solution: Sct Driver Issue With Windows 8.1

Hello FFM,

Users that run Microsoft Windows 8 / 8.1 may run into a driver issue with SCT programmers. Upon calling SCT with my issue they sent me a .pdf with a link that would lead me to download the proper drivers with instructions to manually install the drivers. Everything works great after.

First make sure your tuner is not connected to the PC when installing the SCT Device Updater program. If it was, then uninstall and re-install with tuner disconnected from PC. After the install process completes, connect the tuner and follow the directions in the attached .pdf

The .pdf I was originally supplied with is attached to this post. (Drivers are attached to post. x64 = 64bit / x86 = 32bit)

-Nyke

SCT Windows 8 - 8.1 driver.pdf

x64_driver_files.zip

x86_driver_files.zip

• Like 3

I know we covered this previously but it's good SCT finally got around to providing the instructions.

Burke is having an issue with his tuner not staying connected to his laptop. We discussed this earlier on the shout box so I figured I would post this here. Plus if you do a google search for this topic it is all over the place but not one true answer from a forum that offers a solution. FFM now does.

• Like 1

In windows 8 that method you mention sometimes works. However in 8.1 that method did not want to work for me. This method is different.

Make sure you install and run the software as administrator and have the updated Microsoft .NET framework for the datalogging software to operate to the best of its ability.

That's what I had to do when running Live Link. But my operating system is the windows 7 home.

I did this process to my device and Im still not able to get Livelink to recognize it. I have the driver installed but there is a yellow exclamation mark in on the driver in the device manager now. Ihave an X4 and 64 bit Windows 8.1. Does anyone have any idea what the issue is?

It states this error message under PROPERTIES for the iTSXDEVICE in the Device Manager:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Unable to Load Device Driver}
%hs device driver could not be loaded.
Error Status was 0x%x

Glad you were able to resolve it!

Yeah just to clarify - SCT has a remote connect program where you can turn your computer over to the SCT technician and through that he went ahead and manually installed the driver. Everything works now. I ran a small test data log successfully last night.

Yeah just to clarify - SCT has a remote connect program where you can turn your computer over to the SCT technician and through that he went ahead and manually installed the driver. Everything works now. I ran a small test data log successfully last night.

They had to do that for me about two years ago when I got a replacement X3. Did it in my backyard the morning of a track day at MIR!!