Sign in to follow this  
nastang87xx

Post your workouts!

I've been keeping a very serious pace with my workouts and recently did an overhaul to my program. New movements, new goals, new set progressions, diet is still the hangup but I've doubled my protein shake intake to hopefully cover my macro numbers.

6', 180(ish) pounds

205lb bench with no spot(might squeak a 215 bench with spot)

175lb incline press, 5-6 reps before shoulder pain, just need to get used to the movement for now

115lb overhead press 5-6 reps, I've done a real crappy 135lb OHP but was stupid to try and form went to hell

185lb bent over row with belt, 5-6 reps

250lb squat with belt, 2 reps with no spot

50lb dumbbell curls, 4 reps

8 strict wide grip pullups, 10-12 chinups

Diet has always been my issue, I like food too much.

Been battling elbow/biceps tendonitis issues the last month or so in my left arm. Mostly just doing cardio, 30-40 min at a leisurely pace paired with a bit of very light lifting and rehab stuff trying to get passed the soreness.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Diet has always been my issue, I like food too much.

Been battling elbow/biceps tendonitis issues the last month or so in my left arm. Mostly just doing cardio, 30-40 min at a leisurely pace paired with a bit of very light lifting and rehab stuff trying to get passed the soreness.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I have the opposite problem with food, I literally can't eat enough. Most of it goes right through me.

For the soreness are you supplementing glutamine? It is very important for reducing soreness associated with exercise. Many protein supplements include it but also many don't.

Well really it's been that way off and on for years.  Tore the rotator cuff in my left shoulder playing beer league softball with guys from work in '11 and after 10 months out out of gym between recovery and life stuff (getting married) getting in the way I went from 5'10 ~165 to 140, then back up to ~155 or so from sedentary life.  Finally got back in the gym and dropped back to the 140-145 range but despite changing routines, etc I've just never been able to put much size back on.  I mean prolly 65% of that is diet related, 15% nagging little injuries popping up (elbows, shoulders, knee) but such is life and 20% getting too busy for the gym/loss of motivation/getting older and not working harder to compensate.

So I decided to go back to the gym early February, I was weighing 267lbs and was defiantly on the soft side.. now in early May I'm down to 235 and still pretty soft... I've been doing a ketogenic diet and it's working really well  

I've been going hard and strong.  Up to doing a 5x5 on bench and can almost finish off with all 225's.  I'm also doing something different with squatting: many many reps.  Like 20 x 225 or 15 x 275.  It's rough.

• Like 1

Finally did a 225lb benchpress for the first time. Starting in August '15 with a painful shoulder I could only do about 135lbs. Only working out from home with no workout partner. Pretty damn happy about that.

Also cracked 180lbs body weight for the first time, I'm going to guess my bodyfat to be around 12% compared to a low of 8% @155lbs. Puts my FFMI around 22 which I think is pretty good for an amateur like myself.

Finally did a 225lb benchpress for the first time. Starting in August '15 with a painful shoulder I could only do about 135lbs. Only working out from home with no workout partner. Pretty damn happy about that.

Also cracked 180lbs body weight for the first time, I'm going to guess my bodyfat to be around 12% compared to a low of 8% @155lbs. Puts my FFMI around 22 which I think is pretty good for an amateur like myself.

Wow, all of that is a BIG deal!

• Like 1

With the move, I'm going to need to squirrel away some money for home workout equipment.

I spent about $1500 total. I've got a thread about it somewhere.

Wow, all of that is a BIG deal!

Hellz yeah! :cool:  :aikido:

Thinking about getting back into the gym. It's been about two years since I've put a serious effort in and I severely lack the motivation I once had. My apartment has a small gym with basic free weights, one squat rack, a cable machine, and cardio stuff. I know things get easier once I start but I need a push. A few things I'm thankful for is I haven't lost much mass(still about 180lbs @6ft) and since I'm a mechanic my muscles gets used on a daily basis. Still need to be super careful about my joints(shoulders and knees especially) so as to avoid injury. 

Last week I bought a Captains of Crush #1 gripper(140lbs) just for fun and surprise surprise I can close it fairly easily. My bodybuilder boss couldn't even manage to close it!! And before you say I should workout with my boss you should know he drives an hour away just to workout at a specific gym and he will stay there until like 10pm. F*** that haha!

I don't know if I've mentioned this in the forum before, but AthleanX YouTube channel is about the most realist and legit source for fitness info you can get.  From diet and nutrition to actual workouts and anatomy, it's the jam.

I was 150 lbs body weight in my Freshman year in High School. I began to study bodybuilding and joined the U.S.M.C. fresh out of high school. The Corps gave me a better understanding of "fitness". Running, I got cardio & free weights for body mass was my regimen.After twenty years of mostly weight lifting I also burned out. My joints are fine and the training helped maintain joint health. After throat cancer treatment I again weigh 150 lbs. I want to train again too but may fail due to burnout & knowledge of how hard it will be to start & maintain a schedule. I did back & biceps, legs, then Chest and triceps routines. 1 day off, deadlift every 7-8 days. A "Universal Machine" can get me started off, then pullups and onward.

Getting back into the swing of things, actually using a Terminator-inspired photoshoot as my motivation. I somehow retained some mass and definition from my previous years of lifting but I am only a few weeks into the end of a two year hiatus. I have some very fit model friends who have jumped at the idea of helping me on this shoot journey so that is helping me stay excited too.

Using the OG blueprint method from the man himself, AHnold.

Day 1: Chest, Back, Abs

• Barbell bench press (with stripping method)
  • barbell incline bench press
  • dumbbell fly 
  • dumbbell pull-over 
  • pull-up (wide-grip) 
  • bent over barbell row 
  • bent over two-dumbbell row 
  • hanging leg raise

Day 2: Arms and Shoulders:

• Clean and press
  • standing dumbbell press
  • front dumbbell raise
  • side lateral raise
  • upright barbell row
  • barbell curl (1-10 method)
  • incline dumbbell curl
  • concentration curl
  • close-grip barbell bench press
  • lying triceps press
  • dumbbell one-arm triceps extension 
  • palms-up and palms-down barbell wrist curl over a bench 
  • decline crunch

Day 3: Legs

• Barbell squat 
  • stiff-legged barbell deadlift
  • good morning
  • barbell lunge
  • leg extension
  • seated leg curl
  • standing calf raise
  • seated calf raise
  • cable crunch

Bench and overhead press are weak AF but I got my squat up to 275lbs for a single then did 225x5. Not easy to do deadlift in my tiny apartment gym but I gave it a go and did 225lbs but I seriously need a coach to correct my form so I'll save that for later.

You can't do deadlifts but every 8 days or longer. You will injure yourself. Back&biceps, chest&triceps third day Legs. Arnold & Franco Columbu were using Roids which gave them extraordinary "Stamina", their workouts were very intensive. You can't do their workouts.

On 6/30/2019 at 6:31 AM, Roanstang said:

You can't do deadlifts but every 8 days or longer. You will injure yourself. Back&biceps, chest&triceps third day Legs. Arnold & Franco Columbu were using Roids which gave them extraordinary "Stamina", their workouts were very intensive. You can't do their workouts.

With much respect I don't let people tell me I can't do something especially when it is between me and the goals I've made for myself. I might not be able to lift what Arnold was doing back in his prime, yet, but I will continue to work hard and improve as the journey is the most important part. 

The best part of Arnold's Blueprint is how it pairs muscle groups so that the primary movers are always as fresh as possible to perform the lift while the secondaries and the stabilizers have the opportunity to rest between sets and supersets. Before when I was doing push/pull workouts I was finding that my arms were totally burned out before I ever even got to them in the circuit whereas now they feel strong going into each set. My shoulders too have not been giving me any issues like they've done in the past.

Right now the biggest issue I'm dealing with is that I'm outgrowing the free apartment gym already and will likely have to sign up to a real gym soon which I'm not happy about both for financial reasons plus my enjoyment of smaller crowds over larger crowds. There is a Globo-Gym wannabe right down the street that is comically huge just like in Dodgeball lol, but turns out I have one neighbor who's a member and another neighbor who actually works there as their chiropractor and he's already done some work on my back so if I can get a decent membership deal I may make that plunge.