Sign in to follow this  
nastang87xx

Post your workouts!

We're all a family here right?  And we're all here to support each other.  Your personal health is of course your choice but for those who are interested, by all means, lets have a discussion!  Peter thought of a thread to post your workouts, diets etc etc so here we are!  I'll start with the start of my week...

Sunday is a chest/tricep/cardio day for me.

Flat barbell bench press

Closed hand incline isolation press

Decline barbell bench press

Cable fly

Tricep push downs

French press

Chest and tricep dips

Pushups

Running

Moday is legs day.

Traditional squat

Calf raises

Smith machine assisted lunges

Vertical jumps

Ab vertical and side planks

Decline situps

V-sit isolator

Vitals: 27 years old, 6' tall, 160lbs

Last night was my chest/tri day.

Cable fly 5 sets, increase 10lbs after set 2 and 4

Cable press 3 sets, increase 10lbs after set 2

Took a break from chest and did abs with cable crossover high to low, 4 sets each left and right

Overhead cable shoulder press 3 sets increase 10lbs each set

Tricep pulldown 4 sets increase 7.5lbs after set 1, 2 and 3

Finished with Russian crunches with a 25lb kettle ball, 3 sets of about 30-45 seconds. <--killer ab/core workout!

Tonight is back/bicep.

I supplement my diet with Muscle Milk whey isolate protien shakes. Two scoops with 18oz of water or lately Almond Milk with added protein. Total of about 40 grams of top quality protein plus vital amino acids(all BCAAs including l-Argenine, l-Glutamine, etc.), vitamins and minerals, and about 320-350 calories.

Pre-workout I had been using Advocare Spark mix drink which includes 100mg Caffiene(about equal to a large cup of coffee), 750%DV Vitamin C(crazy!), 500% vitamin B1-B2-B6-B12, and other stuff that I can't remember ATM. This was actually recommended to me by my sister who has a medical degree and is the professor of biology at Shanendoah University and current PA-C formerly at a San Antonio hospital and now at the University training hospital(fairly sure, don't quote me on that). She and her husband are using it as part of their 24-day fitness challenge.

Lately I've been using RPM supplement recommended by Nick. Includes caffiene, l-Argenine, grape seed extract, and a few other key ingredients. I've used creatine in high-school and might try it again sometime in the future.

• Like 1

Lately I've been using RPM supplement recommended by Nick. Includes caffiene, l-Argenine, grape seed extract, and a few other key ingredients. I've used creatine in high-school and might try it again sometime in the future.

^^I LIKE!  This stuff is the BUSINESS! :D

Ill post something up later when I get home, but I've become a lot more lax in my workouts and lean more cardio heavy these days.

Nothing wrong with that. We all have our priorities, as long as we get some exercise every day.

Watch "My 315 pound bench" on YouTube

My 315 pound bench:

Monday chest and back

Tuesday legs and shoulders

Wednesday arms

Thursday cardiovascular activity and abs

i am 22 years old 5'11 240lbs

my favorite things to hit are back and arms

here's some pics.

IMG_20131225_072404_zpskbszcdt2.jpg

IMG_20140117_221120_zpsvkeoj0q0.jpg

IMG_20140110_170240_zps0ok01qdl.jpg

This is the point where I point out that my mustang bro here.  hes doing that workout at 4,955 ft above sea level.  Yes, im serious.

Watch "My 315 pound bench" on YouTube
My 315 pound bench:

Monday chest and back
Tuesday legs and shoulders
Wednesday arms
Thursday cardiovascular activity and abs

i am 22 years old 5'11 240lbs

my favorite things to hit are back and arms

here's some pics.

IMG_20131225_072404_zpskbszcdt2.jpg

IMG_20140117_221120_zpsvkeoj0q0.jpg

IMG_20140110_170240_zps0ok01qdl.jpg
  • Like 1

This is the point where I point out that my mustang bro here.  hes doing that workout at 4,955 ft above sea level.  Yes, im serious.

Altitude training is AWFUL.  I don't know how some people manage half marathons and such at such heights.  First time I was in the Rockies, I was light headed for a day.

Altitude training is AWFUL. I don't know how some people manage half marathons and such at such heights. First time I was in the Rockies, I was light headed for a day.

I've lived in Albuquerque.

There's a special name for days like that for fastford. I think he calls it Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

There's a special name for days like that for fastford. I think he calls it Tuesday

The rest of us mere mortals call it the last day of our lives!

IMG_20140413_171338_zpsapjmz1mj.jpg

Here's a picture of my girl hitting the bob. This is where I do my cardio.. I usually hit the bag for about an hour

Rather than an hour do timed rounds. 3 min fight 30 sec rest. Giving yourself a short rest will do far better for you allowing you to keep the intensity high.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I attempted to take my fat ass for a jog to today and the lungs were burning 1/4 mile in. It was a jog till I burst, walk and recover and then go again. Im gonna use a bit of an asthma excuse but even then it was a weak effort. At 49 and being an athlete all my life, mostly boxing, im finding impossible to get back into shape.

I attempted to take my fat ass for a jog to today and the lungs were burning 1/4 mile in. It was a jog till I burst, walk and recover and then go again. Im gonna use a bit of an asthma excuse but even then it was a weak effort. At 49 and being an athlete all my life, mostly boxing, im finding impossible to get back into shape.

That's why I don't want to get to out of shape. It's hard finding time to workout in between being a full time student and working. Waking up at 10 am and doing work/school till 10 at night is tiring enough...

But I have also done boxing, muay Thai, jiu jisu, and judo all my life so I try to get in 20 minutes a day of some sort of boxing even if I can't make it to the gym all the time

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

That's why I don't want to get to out of shape. It's hard finding time to workout in between being a full time student and working. Waking up at 10 am and doing work/school till 10 at night is tiring enough...

But I have also done boxing, muay Thai, jiu jisu, and judo all my life so I try to get in 20 minutes a day of some sort of boxing even if I can't make it to the gym all the time

I assume you are still young and enjoy the metabolism. Getting out of shape just sort of creeps up on you. At least im attempting to keep it heading the other way. Another problem as you get older is the IDGAF syndrome.

Waking up at 10am? Wanna trade?

• Like 1

Try waking up at 6, getting the kids to school, working until 5, getting the kids home, making dinner, 1.5 hour workout, study until bed, and spend time with the wife.  That is my schedule now.... lol.  I was a full time student as well until a year and a half ago.

But tonight was core

100 push ups

100 situps on balance ball

20 minutes gradual increased resistance on eliptical

4 sets of 20 resisted crunches on machine

2 sets of 15 resisted crunches on machine  higher resistance

4 sets of 20 trunk rotation

4 sets of 20 resisted reverse crunch

20 minutes eliptical

100 medium kicks to heavy bag (50 per leg)

vomit repeatedly.... 

....kidding

vomit repeatedly.... 

....kidding

....or are you? :sarcastic:  Sounded like a great core workout!