Sign in to follow this  
nastang87xx

Stuck on the highway!

Oops, didn't mean to hit send. I got a fault code for running lean while driving home from work one day. I looked around the intake/tb and noticed my MAF was hanging out of the intake tube... duct taped it up and went to buy bolts for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Aaaaand now I'm getting a P0B6 cel....nonvolatile ram error. Pull battery terminals?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Aaaaand now I'm getting a P0B6 cel....nonvolatile ram error. Pull battery terminals?

....after Bama update?

....after Bama update?

Wow, that code is wrong, P06B8.

I'm not sure if it's Bama related or not...so here's some chains of events:

Last night when I tried to fire the car up a few times, it would just die out.  So I disconnected the battery and tried again, fired up, then died again.  I repeated the battery disconnect and refires a few times over at different times.  I disconnected the battery for a few seconds, a few minutes, and 15 minutes, all with attempted turn overs.  When the tow truck read my MAF and it was basically seeing no movement, I thought it may have been a MAF sensor issue.  Flashed to my street tune.  Fired up, died.  Found the MAF fell out of the induction tube.  Got it back to the house, went to bed.

This morning: Checked the battery, all good.  Replaced MAF sensor screws.  All set.  Fired up.  Let it warm up to operating temp.  Turned the car off, checked battery again.  Very strong.  Reloaded Race tune.  Took off back to Milwaukee.  No CEL's or anything feeling funny, even womped on it on the on ramp (so many right in the feelz!).  Got home, turned the car off to get some stuff gathered to go to the gym.  Fired the car up, CEL, checked it, P06B8.  Checked the battery again.  Very strong.  Simulated turn over on the battery, very strong.  Drove to gym, couldn't feel anything wrong.  Said fack it, cleared the code.  Drove home, no code, no odd feelings or heard any misfires, no stumbles, no nothing.  Got home, turned the car off.  Turned the car on again, no codes.  I don't know...

Since the code is as follows: Internal Control Module Non-Volatile Random Access Memory (NVRAM) Error

My guess (and just a theory) is that the car knows it was misfiring to hell all over the place when I was trying to crank it over when the MAF got knocked out.  But the car was never on long enough to store the code or get all of the raw data to store in the computer but it knows it needs to write something to memory.  Result?  P06B8.  Again, this is my GUESS.  Peter?  Or am I thinking way way too hard again?

That is definitely a Ford internal fault code and not an OBDII code so I've never seen it before. I can jump on the Googles and see what I find.

• Like 1

Oops, didn't mean to hit send. I got a fault code for running lean while driving home from work one day. I looked around the intake/tb and noticed my MAF was hanging out of the intake tube... duct taped it up and went to buy bolts for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yeah I tried taping mine but it wouldn't stay.  The tube is so dirty...

That is definitely a Ford internal fault code and not an OBDII code so I've never seen it before. I can jump on the Googles and see what I find.

I found a TSB for a Fusion and it was about a bad ground connection.  I'm ASSUMING that code would be cross model?

The fusion guys were experiencing it stock so I doubt it's a tune issue. I'd give it some time then check with a dealer tech, they will have better info.

• Like 1

Well it's cleared out already. I have no desire right now to get bent out of shape about stuff. If it doesn't come back, I'm not going to worry about it then.

• Like 1

I'm late but I'm glad that you solved your issues!

Yeah it was kinda scary.  I might call Bama too and see if they have any insight on the P06B8 code just in case.  Car runs just fine though, still no funny start ups or misfires (that I know of, should confirm that with Torque).

Famous last words.....

Jk!!

If I go fire her up and there's a see ee ell.................................  :dwarf: