Sign in to follow this  
nastang87xx

Stuck on the highway!

Hey guys, my car died on the freewy while driving. I just lost all throttle and the engine shut off while crusing. All my electrical is fine. When i tried to crank over, it started but then just died again. My voltage is good at idle, a TAD weak on crank. But why would it just die? I did get a wrench light too when it died cruising.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Oh it wasn't a sudden die eother. The rpm didn't just drop to nothing. I would press the gas and the rpm wouldny go up. The tac just slowly moved down woth my speed.

That should be fine. Even 5 seconds should do it. I'd prolly go a minute if you aren't in a rush.

Forgive me for asking the stupid question, how much gas do you have? Gas gauge fault? Have you filled up lately?

I did fill up before I left yes. Showed full, filled up to what would make sense to me. 9'ish gallons. I tried disconnecting for a few minutes at first, didn't do it. Ill try longer. If not, getting towed. :(

I ha d a tow truck guy come and checked my MAF. His tool said my computer barely sees any air coming in.

Screws are missing!

Well at least it wasn't anything serious!

Yeah, I'm getting towed. Can I get these screws easily at any local hardware store?

The factory screws are teeny tiny, I'm not surprised. I've stripped them to nothing removing my Steeda intake for cleaning. You will need to find very specific screws so good luck!

The vibrations from taco gas finally caught up with you. I knew it would. Glad it's nothing serious.

Works like a NAWZ backfire! Blew out his MAF sensor!

DANGER TO MANIFOLD!! :trololol-1::hrhr:

The factory screws are teeny tiny, I'm not surprised. I've stripped them to nothing removing my Steeda intake for cleaning. You will need to find very specific screws so good luck!

I found one screw.  I can't believe it...

Works like a NAWZ backfire! Blew out his MAF sensor!

DANGER TO MAF SENSOR!! :trololol-1::hrhr:

Fixed!

Anyway, first time I've ever had to be towed and in the newest and best condition car I've ever owned.  Go figure.

Yep it wasn't bad. I figured out the MAF was hanging by accident too. I tripped and fell and when i caught myself on the engine bay a semi rolled by with some light and OH LOOK! Plus I didn't have a 2.5mm hex and it was pitch black.

I found the screw type too.

Anyway, I put some locking washers on it too. Thanks guys! That one scared the piss out of me.

Yep it wasn't bad. I figured out the MAF was hanging by accident too. I was fighting some highway ninjas  and when i caught one by the throat with my pinkie finger on the engine bay a semi rolled by with some light and OH LOOK!

Fixed.

• Like 1