Sign in to follow this  
Grimace427

Gears, Gears, Gears

A guy on the local forum is bringing by a set of 3.31 gears today in exchange for a case of Miller Light. Can't wait to get them on!

What's Miller Lite? :sarcastic:

Haha oh yeah. I forgot they spell it that way.

That's because they're so drunk they don't remember how to spell a common word.  It's a jolly good time!  And this weekend is the Harley Davidson 110th anniversary.  Needless to say, this city is going to be a grade A top tier shit show.

Durham apparently has a motorcycle event every Labor Day weekend but I just heard of it. I plan to ride to it. Any excuse to ride the Diavel!

On a side note, a former co-worker broke her arms and legs after getting hit by another car that crossed the median. Luckily she'll be okay from what I've heard.

Durham apparently has a motorcycle event every Labor Day weekend but I just heard of it. I plan to ride to it. Any excuse to ride the Diane!

On a side note, a former co-worker broke her arms and legs after getting hit by another car that crossed the median. Luckily she'll be okay from what I've heard.

Sounds like she is lucky to be alive!

Dang! I would give a case of GOOD beer for a set of 3.55s or maybe even 3.31s for my car. Sorry, but as I get older quality far outways quantity, one sip of miller, coors, bud, etc... and it's an instant headache for me.

Wanted to post this here for those shopping for 3.31s. I got mine from newtakeoff.com for $39.99, no tax, free UPS ground shipping. And they look brand new. So happy to get rid of 2.73s!!!

post-720-0-93550400-1444605908_thumb.jpgpost-720-0-05020000-1444605918_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ya, ya, ya. Unlike you boys I'm not drag racing every Subbie, Civic, and Mitsubishi that pulls up. And we still do lots of highway road trips. $40 and the installer that did my friends Procharged Marauder, and 4.6 Mustang engined Ranger is quoting $120 out the door with me providing the gears, bearings, and seals. Girl Power on a budget...

Ya, ya, ya. Unlike you boys I'm not drag racing every Subbie, Civic, and Mitsubishi that pulls up. And we still do lots of highway road trips. $40 and the installer that did my friends Procharged Marauder, and 4.6 Mustang engined Ranger is quoting $120 out the door with me providing the gears, bearings, and seals. Girl Power on a budget...

Yea while that is true, I do race every one who is down, its so much more than that IMO. 3.73's turn the car into a sports car. Easiest and best way to describe it. The car just feels so much sportier and peppy and eager to go find roads to attack and canyons to carve. But fair enough, not knocking your decision, just giving my input.

Also, I still get 27 on the highway, with AC on the lowest level, and while going from sea level up to 3500 feet (I did this 2 weekends ago going up to Bishop CA.) although the ported mani's helped my MPG a little bit, so maybe 25-26 without them.

Yea while that is true, I do race every one who is down, its so much more than that IMO. 3.73's turn the car into a sports car. Easiest and best way to describe it. The car just feels so much sportier and peppy and eager to go find roads to attack and canyons to carve. But fair enough, not knocking your decision, just giving my input.

Also, I still get 27 on the highway, with AC on the lowest level, and while going from sea level up to 3500 feet (I did this 2 weekends ago going up to Bishop CA.) although the ported mani's helped my MPG a little bit, so maybe 25-26 without them.

I still don't get how you get that MPG lol.

That's excellent MPGs. Our last road trip to the coast and back and cruising up and around the Olympic Mountains we averaged 33mpg with our 2.73s. That kind of gas mileage spoils you. But if you can get 26ish that is great, I've heard others who are not getting that with their 3.73s. Tune, mods, whatever the reason...

Yea when I am on the freeway I usually just sit at 80 and don't deviate much at all. So it's pretty efficient.

But like grimace said, coyote plus 3.73=lots of smiles per gallon, but has flows through it like nothing. My dads car is always showing 10-11 mph.

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

Back from gall bladder removal surgery, I am installing Koni sports & J&M cc plates. Next I will purchase DDS 3.5" one piece & will go with 3.55:1 gear in case I turbo my car.

• Like 3

3.73 on mine also got 27mpg interstate, running around 80mph (same as Ligistix), on a 1080mi trip with mixture of terrain and elevation. Never took an interstate trip with 2.73. Commuting I got 23mpg (86mi/day) with both gearsets.