RaceRedCyclone

Let the modding begin

Been driving the piss out of my new 5.0 trying to get to the 1k miles break in and I'll hit it this weekend. So to celebrate 1k miles figure I'd get a set of steeda cat delete pipes and lifetime steeda tuning. Been debating on this exhaust thing since I got the car and after tons of sound clips and hundreds of threads I knew I wanted to go h pipe which is perfect since that comes stock. Just placed the order 10 min ago so probably won't get it till next week but look forward to some sound clips next weekend :)

The tune should help wake the car up, the cat delete pipes will help with waking the neighbors up!   :Big Grin:

• Like 1

The tune should help wake the car up, the cat delete pipes will help with waking the neighbors up!   :Big Grin:

Wasn't sure about the cat deletes at first but hell $130 to increase sound and gain 10-15 hp figured might as well try em out.

Wasn't sure about the cat deletes at first but hell $130 to increase sound and gain 10-15 hp figured might as well try em out.

I noticed quite a bit of difference on my '11 5.0 when I got the Lund tune and Lethal O/R X-pipe combo.  That was the first performance mods I put on that car.

I have the Steeda cat deletes.  It was a PITA to install due to the limited workspace, but worthwhile.  The sound is awesome with just the stock axle back...

• Like 1

How was the fit? I read quite a bit about bbk and jegs fitting like crap and needing to be welded but couldn't find much about steeda.

I think Peter had a set of the BBK's and said they were shyte.  Horribly crooked.  I think he got Steeda or Jegs ones to replace them.

I think Peter had a set of the BBK's and said they were shyte. Horribly crooked. I think he got Steeda or Jegs ones to replace them.

Who what? I borrowed a set of BBK delete pipes from another forum member(still have them) and they vibrated against the floor. But it was just a temporary measure for an MIR track rental before the longtubes. I didn't really care too much.

Been driving the piss out of my new 5.0 trying to get to the 1k miles break in and I'll hit it this weekend. So to celebrate 1k miles figure I'd get a set of steeda cat delete pipes and lifetime steeda tuning. Been debating on this exhaust thing since I got the car and after tons of sound clips and hundreds of threads I knew I wanted to go h pipe which is perfect since that comes stock. Just placed the order 10 min ago so probably won't get it till next week but look forward to some sound clips next weekend :)

thats cool man cant wait to hear it.. i hope i can one day upgrade to a 5.0 a guy can dream right :crying:

Who what? I borrowed a set of BBK delete pipes from another forum member(still have them) and they vibrated against the floor. But it was just a temporary measure for an MIR track rental before the longtubes. I didn't really care too much.

Ah, ok.

I just remember this and thought they were your pipes:

Cool , a tune and cat deletes will really wake the car up you will love it .

They fit alright....  I don't know if it's just me, but I always think I have a slight leak.  I'm told I don't by 2 different exhaust shops, but that just may be the sound with the stock mufflers.  I even went so far as to buy Jeg's band clamps to get a good seal...

Just got my cat deletes but no tune yet. Other than the check engine light coming on is there any reason I can't install them now and get the tune in a day or so? I hate waiting when I have parts Rdy to go.

Sure you can do it without harming anything. I think the tune alone would offer a bigger performance improvement than deleting the cats.

Sure you can do it without harming anything. I think the tune alone would offer a bigger performance improvement than deleting the cats.

Tunes already been ordered just waiting on Gus to write it and send it to me. Hopefully he gets it done today or tmw....ordered last thur I think.

I know I'm late to the thread but, fun stuff!  I'm still deciding what exhaust to go with.  I kinda want to get a custom exhaust done. H pipe is definitely not as raspy as an X pipe.  Hope you like it!

I know I'm late to the thread but, fun stuff!  I'm still deciding what exhaust to go with.  I kinda want to get a custom exhaust done. H pipe is definitely not as raspy as an X pipe.  Hope you like it!

Remember it's not the x- or h-pipe that creates rasp but the muffler design, lack of cats, and overall system volume.

For you I'd recommend GT500 mufflers or better yet Borla S-Types if you can swing the cash. Leave the rest stock unless you are going to the dragstrip.

Remember it's not the x- or h-pipe that creates rasp but the muffler design, lack of cats, and overall system volume.

For you I'd recommend GT500 mufflers or better yet Borla S-Types if you can swing the cash. Leave the rest stock unless you are going to the dragstrip.

And this is why I post here.  So I can learn stuff and not get bashed.  Thanks.  :)  

I actually do plan on upgrading the whole thing because I want to go supercharger or turbo, haven't decided yet.  I'll see how the S-types sound. 

I'm actually thinking of changing the Pypes for GT500 mufflers and no cats...thats gotta sound heavenly.

And this is why I post here.  So I can learn stuff and not get bashed.  Thanks.   :)

I actually do plan on upgrading the whole thing because I want to go supercharger or turbo, haven't decided yet.  I'll see how the S-types sound. 

Remember Jackie, if you go turbo, your manifolds will need to be replaced with the pairing turbo manifolds.  So until you figure that out, DEFINITELY do not do something like shorties or long tubes.  Just cat section back.

I'm actually thinking of changing the Pypes for GT500 mufflers and no cats...thats gotta sound heavenly.

I'll try again this weekend and do a sound clip. Tried to start last weekend then realized I didn't have 40' of extensions to get that one stupid bolt on the passenger side cat. I also have full graves exhaust to do on my 08 r6 and help a buddy install a sub/amp so might or might not get to the mustang this weekend....too many toys and not enough time.

Remember Jackie, if you go turbo, your manifolds will need to be replaced with the pairing turbo manifolds.  So until you figure that out, DEFINITELY do not do something like shorties or long tubes.  Just cat section back.

Good to know, I didn't know that.  I need a better job with all of the money I want to dump into this car lol 

And this is why I post here. So I can learn stuff and not get bashed. Thanks. :)

I actually do plan on upgrading the whole thing because I want to go supercharger or turbo, haven't decided yet. I'll see how the S-types sound.

Wow dream big Jackie!! The S-Types IMO by themselves are the best sounding exhaust setup for the Coyote. I had them before going longtubes and it was pure bliss.

Wow dream big Jackie!! The S-Types IMO by themselves are the best sounding exhaust setup for the Coyote. I had them before going longtubes and it was pure bliss.

Of course! Go big or go home, right?  My boyfriend supercharged his camaro (sold it though), so I know how to get there... It's just money that's holding me back lol.